Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

122 results found

1. The idea came up because for some reason people are getting Russian ads in Lithuania (and other near by regions) instead of English. New generation don't speak Russian, so it would be cool to have ads default in English. People could always just switch to Russian if they want to.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Why are there quitting smoking ads on Twitch? I quit years ago and now everytime I see this ad, I get cravings. Thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Intro ads are fine, closing/raid ads are fine, streamer chosen time ads are fine, banner ads on the website are fine, buying in for an ad free experience is fine. Look at all that. Now look how you are destroying your website. Nobody is fine with this. Stop at what you can actually get away with and leave the rest alone. I'm done and moving on.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I don't watch lillipichu, I don't play Avengers, and I don't chew 5 gum. Can I please get a new/different ad?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. All Ad content should be rated G for the general public. Saw my 6 year old click on G rated creator to get an Ad for a horror movie that showed a guy getting stabbed with a knife in the neck. Please restrict these to G-Rated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Just for background, I predominantly watch Twitch on Apple TV so bear the brunt of all the incessant advertising which has recently become near unbearable when watching streams. (i.e. no ad block style of apps of any kind)

Pre-rolls are now 2 ads when entering a stream and it seems a lot of streams are opting for between 6 - 9 random ad breaks at a time. What is worse is that it's becoming more frequent that I'll go into a stream, get the 2 pre-roll ads and then after around 2 minutes, another ad block of 6 ads appears.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We're not Slavic and we do not speak Russian. We're Northern European people with our own culture and language. Stop forcing us to listen to Russian ads when we understand English more than we understand our own native languages (Lithuanian, Latvian).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I watch several streams, every night, for years. At first I had no problem with ads, but now every 15 minutes there is an ad. I dont enjoy watchings streams anymore. Sometimes I opened up 5 different Streams at the same time and every stream has an ad running. I just want to see what they are doing and have a good time. Most of the time I instant close twitch. As a streamer im really worried about this but as a viewer im just sad and dont enjoy streams anymore and the streamers arent even to blame.. I dont…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If I see a stream on the front page, and whatever is going on on that stream has hooked my attention, that attention is immediately destroyed upon clicking on the stream and an ad plays. Whatever topic is passed, whatever song they may be playing is missed, whatever fight they may be in is over. This then makes me want to simply not watch the stream, and remain on front page, lest I miss out on what is SUPPOSED to get me clicking on the stream. And then instead of joining that stream after I watched the hook that was…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Okay so we want to do a 12 hour stream. within this stream we want to give all we get to a charity of our choice. but is it possible to only place ads of that specific charity during the stream instead of getting somekind of snacks ad while donating to diabetes ... would be really stupid to see doritos while you running to send money for diabetes or something like that right.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ads playing immediately upon trying a new channel is a bit frustrating. I usually just turn off Twitch and go to YouTube or somewhere else because of how Twitch does ads immediately upon attempting to watch a channel. Just letting you know that it's pretty invasive and I, personally, actively never purchase anything from an advertisement that annoys me... and your ads annoy me constantly because of their placement.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The fact that I have to sit through a 30-second to a 2-minute ad break before even seeing what the streamer is doing destroys browsability for your website generally at best, and will systematically hurt and snuff out small streams at worst. An ad-free 30-second buffer when entering a stream would allow the user to find what content they would enjoy before having their experience invaded. This idea also benefits the website's bottom line by helping retention of unsubbed viewers by offering them content rather than spam upon arrival to the site which improves retention and optics.

In short, ads…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm sure that I'll get a form letter of some type for this submission.

It is well established that Ad Partners pay good money for running Ads on the Twitch platform.

It is also known that almost, and I mean almost, everyone hates ads. Even as a streamer, ads running cause a loss in viewers.

As of today, any time an ad runs, I will close Twitch and go watch something else, somewhere else. The ad will remind me of this new idea and eventually, I will simply just not open the webpage.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The first time I reported this ad (months ago when first seen) it was removed for me and it's returned, however won't go away with the report function. The constant advertisements with "suicide" are extremely off-putting and destroying my positive user experience.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If I'm distraught enough by an ad to make the effort to mark it as offensive, I never want to see nor hear it ever again ONCE, instead of being repeatedly submitted to it for days on end. Simple as that.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I keep seeing the same ad for 0% alcohol beer but it actually makes me want to drink more alcohol. Have you thought about how awful it is to constantly show that ad to recovering alcoholics? It doesn't make me want to drink 0% beer, only to go back to drinking alcoholic drinks. It's getting extremely annoying to keep having this same ad over and over, for every single stream I enter, despite being subscribed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There was no ad 1 week ago. Now i hate twitch because of ads.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I don't get why Twitch breaks there own TOS rules with Ads -- by showing *** cheeks which is against TOS -- and you ban streamers for this infraction

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove Multiple Ads Being Played back to back when Raiding Others
    This is having a Negitive Effect the Streamer being Handed over too had 40 Raiders from another stream come across and out of the 40 Raiders only 1 person stayed, the rest quit because of the 7 back to back ads 3mins long in total

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?