Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I love the idea for supporting streamers with bits but frankly I don't have the money to spend on bits, so that's why I rely on the free bits from ads, but one time after watching an ad it says "Try again later" under the Watch Ad button. At first I thought "Ok. I'll just watch more tomorrow" but it still said "Try again later" and it has been like that for months so I gave up checking at this point. If you could fix this or at least ease on the time you need to wait between ads. Maybe…

1,643 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

148 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In the US, you can get bits to create ads. I would like to see if it is possible in every country. Because of course, we get something from ads. Twitch is happy to see more ads. Viewers happy with bits. Streamers happy with the bits they get.
    I want to hear your FeedBack
    Greetings FireEliteThomas

478 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Revamp and bring this back.

People have heavily moved to loots.com in place of this because of Adblock features and inconsistency.

Potentially add a 10 ad daily limit, and allow it to be selected from partner channels to promote additional revenue sharing and keep people on site.

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. On pic they have it so they can earn bits by watching ads but mobile user like me cannot do that and I don't want to pay so I can donate bits so I feel like it would be more fair if you would add that feature to the app

140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I saw a post from a year ago and thought it would be a good idea for unlimited ads since we are willing to watch the ads. That or we should be able to watch more than 5 ads (usually how much I am able to watch) because I want to support my streamer but I don't have money and the ads are my only way of getting bits and when I can only watch a few ads it makes it very hard to get a good sized donation.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It's been well over a year now since Bits were introduced to Twitch, and the ability to watch ads for Bits has only been available for US viewers only. I think it's about time the rest of the world can have this feature. Twitch is never short on ads, I always see an ad play everytime my favourite streamers go live. Ads for films, sports, video games, clothes, beverages, cars, the list goes on, and with Amazon being the proud parent of Twitch, having thousands of partnered companies, I find it hard to believe that they're unable to find partnering…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I wanted to leave feedback somehow and this is the only spot I could find to do it. Just wanted to say your gaining bits by watching ads idea is awesome. Actually, your entire bit system is magical. I really hate using PayPal to donate money to streamers, it's so slow and annoying to have to open another web page just to show some appreciation. Not sure if Amazon had something to do with that process or not, but I LOVE it. I just really wanted to show my appreciation, I really hope other countries will be able to share…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get rid of mid-roll ads and allow the provider to determine when to run them. I know you need to make money, but you can't just pop an ad in the middle of content.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bits in my opinion are a great way to support creators, but people like me who are only 13 years old and can't legally get a job, it's hard to support streamers and also I would never be able to buy bits in the first place. When I found out about watch ads for bits, I was so happy I could support my favorite streamer who inspired me. But when I tried to watch the ads it didn't let me. I did my research and found out that it was only for the U.S which I really don't understand why.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I wanted to give feedback for you so here comes the idea.
    People sit at your Twitch site every day. Watch a stream for hours.
    with no ads. Because those people have adblock. Or something else that they do not get ads. Of course we already have a way that encourages us not to use adblock, namely Bits from short video advertising. Now come with the following idea.
    Place an ad under the streamer. https://imgur.com/a/yeSqbL6 For example how I made it here. Making Twitch earn extra money. But how do you ensure that viewers do not turn on adblock? Well…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Since there aren't different levels of ads and family friendly streamer have to tolerate all ads and some not appropriate, was wondering if Twitch would consider the idea if streamers could create their own ads perhaps select from a list of recommended material that Twitch would want their streamers to create ads from.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How about for each ad you roll you give back to your community and give 100 bits per ad. I'm missing out on a minimum of 30 seconds of live content. Make it worth my while.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can Black Lives Matter ads please NOT be shown? or can I have an option to NOT SEE BLM ADS?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I love bits for ads, it was the perfect edition for people who couldn't buy bits for streamers. But after I did like one or two ads, it said try again later, and never let me for like a whole week, hopefully we can watch more ads or the cooldown goes down much quicker

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pre-roll can be a bit of a deterrent especially for newer viewers and as an incentive for viewers to stay past the ad, I was thinking that new viewers who stay in a new stream for 3 minutes and interact with the streamer in chat will be awarded some bits, as you go from stream to stream (if you haven't found a new community to gel with) there will be continued bonuses to gather more bits and encourage viewers to interact with more streamers and also to give them an incentive to watch through ads. Not only will this benefit…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I think it's time to be transparent about why someone can or cannot earn bits through ads.

Spurred by my own account's inability to earn bits from ads since 2019, I had tested with a friend of mine in an attempt to determine the reason why she could earn bits and why I couldn't. We tested this by running the following at the exact same time:
    1. Using the same computer
    2. Using the same browser to log in (one window in incognito mode, and we swapped to check)
    3. Watching the same stream at the exact same time
    4.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I wish you could watch ads to support a streamer in exchange for bits. The option currently doesn't go and says to wait, but even waiting for months, it doesn't work. This feature is only available in the United States, I wish the rest of the world could use it too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I haven't had a ad for bits over a year and a half. I haven't had any bits since the early part of the year 2019. I recently realized it was because I lived in a region where I can't have ads for bits. Thousands of others are having the same issue. I cannot afford to pay for bits. Please increase the regions! Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Don't forget you are part of Amazon and at amazon, customers come first. every time we open any stream even simultaneously it runs an ad

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?