Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I use an adblocker not because I don't want to see ads. I use an adblocker because I don't want to support your scummy platform. I'm not disabling it no matter how much you block streams and everyone I know that uses Twitch feels the same way. You can completely block streams if you want, I just won't use your platform at all. It's up to you, stop being such scumbags with how you manage your platform and you wouldn't have as many people using adblockers. You will lose at least half of your viewers as soon as viable competitor…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. With Add-Ons like BTTV or FFZ or software like chatterino mod actions can be seen in chat, sometimes it can be very tiring if you make certain decisions and viewers call you out for it assuming it was you.

Also it would be cool if you could edit commands without it being seen in chat ( there used to be a feature like this with nightbot where you put a "." !editcom <command> without it being shown in chat, if anybody knows if this still works please tell me) I can see this being nightbots / streamelements part but maybe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. As a streamer, I've started running reruns during times when I know I won't be streaming but there are possible viewers watching. I was thinking you should develop a way to schedule ad breaks during reruns, that way, we can control the ad experience a little better even during our off times.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. aggg

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. SUPERSTAR IZONE 카테고리 이미지를 SUPERSTAR IZONE 게임 이미지를 넣어주는건 어떨까요...?

Why don't you put the SUPERSTAR IZONE category image in the SUPERSTAR IZONE game image...?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hsjsjsjdjxxhd

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Usisjs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Twitch Turbo is $9/mo. Twitch gets half of my $5/mo from each Tier 1 sub. So stop showing me ads once I have four or five subs. I don't even care about the rest of the Turbo stuff.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. These questions & suggestions are very miscellaneous, so I am going to add them all into one post only. Also, I am aware these concerns/suggestions & questions/comments are not something that is (or should be for that matter) a priority. But even when we focus on the large issues at hand, we should continue on with the smaller ideas as well. Reason being - to continue to grow and have additional benefits, so that Twitch will be able to remain the number one and best place for live streaming.

5 THINGS:

1 - with Ads being littered all over streams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It's extremely annoying missing content with all the ads. Can you imagine watching TV shows where you miss content during commercial breaks? Yeah, didn't think so.

There should be an Opt-In option for users to Buffer the Stream when mid-roll ads are playing, then after the ad is done the buffered stream is played back at 1.5x speed until you're caught up with the live stream.

This wouldn't need to be enabled for the pre-rolls, just the ads after the stream is playing so you don't miss content.

How is this not a thing?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Since you're already supporting the streamer, you shouldn't be disturbed with other minor income methods, and this would also add another incentive for subscribing to a channel.

This should be an alternative for Prime users too, who are still dissapointed for not having their ad-free experience anymore, without harming the earnings of streamers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would really appreciate it if you could make ads not straight after someone clicks on my stream but after 5 minutes of watch time or so and when people view vods. I find that tons of new people click off my video straight away because of the ad and it's so hard to grow my community

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. you seriously need to chill with the ads, its outrageous

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like a feature where the broadcaster can enable subscribers to opt-in for ads on their channel. There is almost a feature like this, a feature that allows the broadcaster to say that all subscribers get ads. But I would be nice to have it as an option for the viewers if they want the ads or not. Of course only relevant for subscribers.

This feature should also be per channel that you are subscribed to and not site wide.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I see multiplayer ads which are polls, twitch could take it to the next level and have multiplayer ads where chat plays each other in a minigame for 30s or 1m, like a very quick battle royale

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I feel that a few of features that are new, or in testing, on Twitch had a dedicated place on the page to run instead obstructing streams , or flashing up in chat.

Having a small area (maybe the top 1/4 of the chat area on desktop) to host these features wouldn't be that intrusive, and could be used as a place to display small ads for non-subs, and maybe the area could be used for the streamer to host custom apps (like overlays) for subscribers.

I'm a huge fan of consistency, so having an area like that to test…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Turbo, although it supports streamers, does not offer many enticing incentives outside of an ad-free experience. A lot of people appear to get far more enjoyment out of subscribing to channels as it allows them to feel like they're a part of the community.

Prime was a nice solution, it used to have ad-free viewing, but it got ditched despite Prime costing more than Turbo. I believe that should be brought back.

Although I'm more of a fan of the idea of allowing people with multiple concurrent subscriptions offering an ad-free experience sitewide. This offers the chance to more directly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have a slightly unorthodox idea for how to handle ads. Let's say a user is watching a streamer for some time. Instead of an ad running for all users, interrupting the stream, it will add it to an personal "ad queue" for each user. Then whenever the user feels like an ad wouldn't interrupt the stream during some down time, or the user doesn't mind the ad running, they can run it for themselves, and only themselves. If they don't run it before another ad runs, then another is added to the queue. I feel like these should also…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hi! My name is Shannon Wells and I believe i have a wonderful idea to motivate streamers to return to their live stream lifestyles, BUT keep safe peace of mind that their viewers want to see them return! Please contact me personally at (+1-205-915-2729) to hear the rest of my idea A.S.A.P. I will continue to write down my ideas for Twitch.tv and all of the fans that participate within the whole community.
    P.S. I have to write my ideas because my memory is fleeting and hard to search through. So, please contact me soon. Thank you, PheenKing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?