Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

150 results found

1. This feature request that I'm sharing is that Twitch should make a program for Twitch streamers to promote their channel. Instead of regular ads on the time, you get Twitch streamers. To order to get an ad, the streamer has to pay once a month to order to get their introduction ads out there. This feature should be open for every streamer, affiliate, or partner. Big or small. This Twitch streamer could be used ad banners or a normal 15-30 sec ad. The Twitch streamer has to introduce themselves, what type of content they do, show quick glimpses of their…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have my ads set to run 3.7 times per hour but if the streamer isn’t told a Ad is running the viewers will miss out along with the streamer… you need to put the Following in chat. “Ad has started” only the streamer an see this … or “Ad will start in 10secs and last 2 minutes etc… then “AD ENDED”

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. As the title says, I'd like the ability to be able to determine when I watch ads myself and bank 'ad-free watch time'. If you feel like the stream is a little on the slow side of things, you can decide to watch an ad instead so you won't miss that one epic moment that you're waiting for. Preferably add the options for '30 seconds' '1 minute' and '3 minutes' of ads.

Would also say this shouldn't exclude you from the streamer's own ad break. If the streamer does an ad break themselves, it'd be nice if those ads counted…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ads hinder growth so, so much and they barely make any profit for small creators/ for twitch when playing on small creators‘ channels. Maybe give affiliates the ability to turn off all ads completely in their streams, and only have mandatory ads for partners?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If you guys are going to completely FORCE ads down our throats, you need to do one of three things:
    1) By far the easiest solution - Make Ads Skippable after X seconds.
    2) Make ads something that pops up as a Picture in Picture in the corner or something when a stream is running. I honestly like this one the best because I honestly wouldn't have an issue checking out whatever is being advertisted as well as (and I cant stress this enough) NOT MISSING STREAM CONTENT because someone wants to run 7-10 15-30 second ads in a row.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. twitch premium: no ads, can stream at increased bitrate, can upload 5 personal emotes to use on any channel, special badge

$5 a month, or $50 a year

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. it would be nice to have a countdown timer for ads that viewers can see. maybe next to uptime and viewer count underneath the player? it's such a bummer to ask something to a streamer just to have an ad play right when your question starts to be answered. a countdown timer would at least help me plan around that to ask a question

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'd like a like/dislike button for on-stream ads, influencing their frequency. Additionally, include a page to manage these ad settings for a more controlled and enjoyable viewing experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Il serait utile que les emotes animés dans les alertes Twitch puissent être de la même taille que le texte et pas seulement dans son format de base

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. colocar uma opção pra escolher a resolução dos anúncios, pois os meus anúncios estão vindo tudo em 1080p e não quer diminuir

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. O meu problema é que os anúncios estão vindo tudo em 1080p e não querem diminuir a qualidade, tem como vcs diminuir a qualidade da resolução por favor, ou colocar a opção pra escolher a resolução

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I don't Twitch a lot, maybe once a week on a weekend when I want to relax, and when I do, the last thing I want is to be bombarded by advertisements. Currently the only options for an ad-free experience is to commit and subscribe, either to the channel you're watching, with Turbo, or with Twitch Prime. If you're not using Twitch that much it's a big waste of money, and it seems like the whole business idea is to make people forget where their money is going.

My consumption of Twitch is similar to watching a movie. I want…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please let us see when ads are starting, without having to have the creator dashboard open, such as posting in chat as a bot when ads are live.

Would be nice if there was a way for Twitch to post when ads are starting in the chat, so that people who stream with a single monitor, (which is a lot of people still) would be able to see when ads are starting and ending.
    Plus viewers could see this too.

I have streamed for well over 3 years now, and due to disability and poverty, I can't afford anything, let…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Que los afiliados también podamos optar a el programa de incentivos por anuncios.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If I can choose to watch ads between my streamer's matches, I'd watch way more add than I do currently (add captcha to avoid bots) and not miss any of the action.
    Also, if I watch more than X ads per hour, I get to watch them without audio and with streamer audio, so I still have a small streamer window with its audio. Twitch'd make more money and viewers wouldn't be angry whenever something worth watching is happening and the ads ruin their experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think that would be a good idea to reward a viewer after watching enough ads.
    I often leave a stream because there are too much ads and it's frustrating.

So we could give for each viewer a "contribution wallet" that fills while watching ads, then after we reach a certain amount, we can sub on that specific channel using the time spent watching ads.

No need to see a value like money/time generated, it could be a progress bar with a % and when we reach 100% we can "sub for free".

For example, let's say I am watching…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I found myself watching vods of one of my favorite streamers, but I left to watch it on youtube so that he could get ad revenue. There should be a way to monetize pre recorded content too with banner ads and possibly gifting bits and subs directly to a clip/ moment/ vod/ etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Having an automatically added tag for any stream with pre-rolls currently disabled (through automatic ads or with the new automatic ads) would help drive discoverability towards those using this feature.

I feel it would also encourage more streamers to use the ads appropriately during low activity moments or when they take a break from the stream, thus also increasing revenue.

By having it as a tag that will be automatically added (and removed) it's easy to filter for streams that have the tag within a category. From conversations with my viewers, they would definitely be more willing to check out…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This is only directed at viewers on desktop, I would assume.

Nevertheless, why not create some type of incentive for viewers to not use adblock or some other source? Main ideas that come to mind are either a small bits reward system like you had with "watching ads for bits" with somewhere along the lines of a monthly deposit. The only other thing I could think of to back this is some type of reduction in sub cost, even if this is minimal (I'd hope .50-$1 but that might be high hopes).

I can't always sub, but I do keep…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?