Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't give other language ads if Twitch language setting has it set to a specific language.

I keep getting "French" ads, even though my LANGUAGE setting on Twitch is "English". Even if I change it to "English (UK)" I still get ads in French.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. User controlled ad experience:

-Users run their own ads to build up an "ad immunity" duration for their current account.
    -This ad immunity duration will allow the user to view streams without encountering preroll/midroll/other ads for this period.
    -Longer the ads watched the longer the ad free duration.
    -Can have an upper limit of ad free viewing time, requiring additional ad viewing to top off the duration.
    -Users can choose who gets the ad revenue share, depending on where they trigger the ads to view. Either with a channel they want to support, or give the share to Twitch. Use…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Instead of having only pre-rolls and mid-rolls, I suggest including an ad credit system. Whenever people watch ads, they'll earn credits (similar to how bits used to work) and will be able to spend these credits to "skip" ads on channels they watch. This can be done in a few ways. I suggest having an ad stream where people can accumulate credits or some type of ad viewer of equivalence. This way, people would be able to accumulate as many credits as they want, to afford the price of a skip button on ads. This has absolutely no down side…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. This is total BS.

Ads actively hurt this community and I will not disabled my adblocker FOR ANY website, INCLUDING twitch.

Adblocker is not only a security feature, it gets rid of the ads that ruin the platform. People using adblocker are NOT going to buy your services ontop of having to subscribe to users.

I will ACTIVELY set my entire channel that I've worked years on ablaze rather than deal with these ads. With the anti-adblocker ads showing up, I actively refuse to watch anyone on twitch now.

I've cancelled all my subscriptions to everyone I subbed to, and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ads are presented as "supporting content creators" but there are a large number of people on Twitch who are streaming as a hobby or otherwise would prefer to pay so that their viewers can get a better experience, and for some of them the amount may be larger than the amount of revenue that the ads themselves would have brought in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When a user gets a mid-role add save the stream in a buffer and when the ad is finished continue where u where watching.
    Also add a button to jump to current since twitch does not have a timestamp slider or speed up the stream.
    This fixes the problem of users missing out content and gives them the option to which part of the stream they miss or view sped up.
    Twitch happy because everyone watches adds. Users happy they don't miss content.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow streamers to do commentary / continue their stream during commercials means like Howard Stern show type live ads. The ads will be way more meaningful to your consumers (read: viewers) and way more valuable to your customers (read: advertisers). Advertisers will be willing to pay more for this type of ad.

Start encouraging your talent to build relationships with brands they truly love and believe in. You should do this together.

Consumers will want to engage with the brands promoted by the talent they support.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. If interaction breaks, momentum dies. There are dozens of ways to keep the momentum flowing while an ad is playing-- just look at all of the YouTubers who get sponsored and do skits/product placement during their videos.

Example: If the streamer has the ability to temporarily defer ads and play them back to back, ("collecting" an ad every 15 mins or so, to play 6 at the end of 1.5 hours,) this gives the streamer more control on when their intended content is interrupted-- or, even better, an option to play the ads FIRST in order to unlock SUBSTANTIAL ad-free…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If you guys used the same logic for bounty board on ads you could have a much easier time getting us to run them. I used to make hundreds a month in 2011 from ads and now despite growing etc etc I only push viewers away spamming them for MAYBE a few bucks if I'm lucky.

Myself and many others would likely be more happy to run ads if we had a target goal of "ad hours per month" that based on our viewership could fluctuate but would generally give us a target.

Example: Currently I stream 5ish hours a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. One of my greatest concerns about Twitch is how improvements to accessibility have slowed down and new accessible features are not shared across the platform. The mobile user interface has vastly different accessibility options than browser user interface which are different from accessibility options in desktop app.

I want more accessibility on twitch, but I know development costs are not free. Is just... if its expensive... why then are people with visual disabilities singled out in being able to only support streamers and twitch with subscriptions or bits?

I have long felt like one low-hanging fruit solution would be take…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. People Watching Ad's on There Phones should be able to receive Ad tokens as a feature apart of the app?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We know ads suck but it's what allows free content..so the problem is that it's always the wrong time for ads, Especially when its down to the end of the game and we miss the Fing last battle because some ad pops up. How about a button that you can click when your streamer is in cue or going to the bathroom etc, and it runs the ads? yes it will still run ads as normal, however, if you are due for and ad to run in the next ten minutes, by clicking the ad button, it will skip the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I appreciate the addition of the ads manager. But I wish I could delay auto ads besides running one manually. If something super exciting is happening on stream it'd be great to have a 'delay the auto ad for 3 minutes' button or something like that. You could limit it to one delay per hour so people don't try to abuse it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Subs should stack and be the equivalent to a Twitch Turbo subscription if someone has a certain number of subs active at once (gifted or not). This would incentivize people to gift subs and to sub to their favorite streamers, as if you add up Twitch's cut of the revenue some people are most definitely paying for more than an equivalent Twitch Turbo subscription and still receiving pre-roll and random mid-roll ads.

I would rather support the platform and content creators at the same time, versus picking and choosing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Twicth üzerinde ücretsiz binlerce kullanıcı var bunlar üzerinden para kazanmak için Twicth yayınlarda belli periyotlarda reklam koymalı kullanıcı eğer bu durumu kabul ederse her ay istediği bir yayıncıya Abone olabilir. Eğer kullanıcı reddederse şuan ki sistemde devam eder abone olmayan kullanıcı olarak devam eder. Bu seçim hakkı sunulması dahilinde kullanıcıların çoğu reklam izleyerek abone olmayı tercih edecektir. Bu sayede hem Twicth kazanır hem yayıncılar kazanır hem kullanıcılar kazanır. Fikir yatırımcısı olarak bana da biraz komisyon verilse hiç fena olmaz iyi günler iyi akşamlar dilerim.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My subscribers like the idea of being able to opt in to watch ads if turning off ads is a perk for subs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. having pre roll count down on the twitch chat similar to where the hype train is - so streamers dont need to keep an additional browser source open to watch the dashboard.

Id like to be able to tell from within my obs software when ads are playing

you want us to run ads - please make it accessible and easy for us to do so from within our streaming software so the process isn't disruptive for viewers.

not good with photo editing but heres an example of how it could look

https://twitter.com/ellerows/status/1369553181076815876

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Raids are a great thing. Missing a new streamer's welcome, interactions with raiding streamer, and explanations of what's happening in the new stream because new viewers get pre-rolls isn't great. It actually makes me immediately leave, and I'd imagine I'm not alone. It's annoying in streams im already watching to know that the streamers welcome is going entirely to people already there, because the raiders who don't have turbo or are already subbed are watching ads.

I get that ads make money, and I'd like twitch to continue being solvent as I enjoy the service, but this is just dumb.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?