Get rid of mid-roll ads and allow the provider to determine when to run them. I know you need to make money, but you can't just pop an ad in the middle of content.
To add to this,
3B. The time "freed" after the ad roll needs to be cumulative. If you have ~30 mins until your next required ad, but you roll enough ads for a free hour, you should have 1.5 hours of ad-free content.
Feel free to add a 2 hour cap to that. 1 hour is too short for most exciting boss battles.
This allows a streamer to plan for a difficult puzzle or boss battle without losing momentum or, as I experienced a few days ago, viewers completely missing the end of a grueling boss battle due to a mid-roll.
If you're going to force mid-roll ads, add these control tools to the dashboard:
1. A timer telling the streamer when the next forced ad will run.
2. The ability to run an ad on our own time, replacing the forced mid-roll.
3. Clear indications of how long we'll have "free" after an ad roll.
4. A clear indication of when the ad is running, and when it is complete.
5. A fairer revenue share for these ads.
6. A clear indication of how many users tuned out of the stream each ad, to remind both us and you how terrible forcing these ads is for any streamer who wishes to maintain an audience.
Random mid-rolls are intrusive to the streamer's content.
You have given people the option to setup a stream schedule, why not allow them to schedule mid-roll ads in there? And if the amount of ad time meets whatever quota needs to be met, it disables random mid-rolls for the duration of that stream.