Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

765 results found

1. Not as frequently as before but still often, Ads play which are dramatically louder than the broadcast content. This is an annoyance, interferes with other people in the house, and frankly makes me more likely to mute the ad and go do something in a different tab.

Normalizing volume levels with stream average volume or peak volume wouldn't take a huge amount of processing power and would fix the problem entirely. It's required by the US's FCC in other broadcast mediums, but it's really just a quality of life improvement for the viewers and a mark of good production.

2,794 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Relevant Update  ·  Ana responded

A majority of ads on web and TV apps should now have normalized sound. We are still continuing the work on this and will update the status again when it is fully complete!

2. In the middle of watching someone's exciting steam, an ad pops up covering the entire video while chat continues. Chat is then going crazy because something awesome just happened, yet we were unable to see it because an ad was covering the video stream. What a disappointment.

Make the ad go into a corner with sound or something, but please do not block the whole image. That's the reason why we are here, to watch the steamers. You want the ads for monetary gain, fine, but find a happy medium where you don't disappoint your customers. Badly placed ads drive…

2,576 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Twitch responded

Just wanted to update this thread that we are doing an experiment right now with Stream Display Ads!   These are less disruptive ads that allow viewers to see and hear Creators while being displayed. Creators will receive ad revenue for each SDA shown. You can find out more information here: https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/1603148201489580032

3. I formulated the title drastically because it‘s a serious problem lately happening on Twitch and don’t see that getting addressed from them, at least not in the level as it should.

I said it several times on social media and i also say it here: Twitch is ruining their ads business, constantly and -seems like- willingly:
    - The sheer amount of ads which you face as a viewer of the platform is simply ridiculous
    - You‘ve guys taken the control of the ads out of the hands of the content creators
    - You implement changes to the ad system without…

1,767 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Nobody wants to watch random ads that block out the stream. Picture-in-picture doesn't work if we only see but not hear the stream during ads. Banners would solve the problem - you get to give us more ads but the stream doesn't get interrupted. I repeat: nobody needs random ads that block the stream. it's not only disruptive for the viewers, but also for the streamer. bad idea, really.

1,521 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Twitch responded

Just wanted to update this thread that we are doing an experiment right now with Stream Display Ads!

These are less disruptive ads that allow viewers to see and hear Creators while being displayed. Creators will receive ad revenue for each SDA shown.

You can find out more information here: https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/1422255927483318277

5. Thanks for convert my opportunity to chill in the evening to a freakin annoying experience. I started to avoid buying things on amazon and i rather delete my account then getting prime. Thanks for your effort.

1,107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. After having read your new feature that allows streamers to disable Pre-Rolls by playing enough ads (30 seconds = 10 minutes), I think you've missed the mark slightly.

I DO think it's a good idea to disable the pre-roll for people discovering new content. As such, I believe a better implementation of the no preroll idea is the following:

• No pre-roll for users the FIRST time they join your stream BUT a forced 30 second 10 minutes into the stream if they stay.

This solves two problems. First, it solves the problem of discouraging people from discovering new content. You…

1,106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would really like it if ads were categorized based on content; I love seeing ads for things like pizza and restaurants, but I HATE having to sit through an unskippable ad for a horror movie/show. If ads were categorized, there could be a section in Twitch options where I could move different tags into "show me more" and "show me less" status based on what I do or don't want to see.

890 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Full-screen pre-rolls are a huge obstacle with user experience and streamer discoverability. Users do not want to browse new, unknown streamers because watching a fullscreen 30s ad before getting to check out a streamer is annoying. It's a huge deterrent so users tend to rely on their go-to streamer. Replacing the forced fullscreen preroll with a Stream Display Ad instead will encourage users to once again check out new streamers.

This change would be a massive improvement for both viewers and streamers.

671 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Most of ads should be skippable. Your site is a live streaming platform, you cannot force people to watch ads while they were watching something else that they will completely miss because of ads. Same concept goes for the first AD you are forced to watch as soon as you open one live stream. If im forced to watch something without any possibility to skip unless i close the whole page, i will 100% start hating on the promoted product just beause it is disturbing my plans.
    Also giving people the possibility to spam as many ads as they want,…

602 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Streamers should have the ability to opt-out of certain ads, particularly military recruitment ads. Some creators may have a younger audience. The streamer should reserve the right to protect that audience. The military ad complex is already vast and has deep roots within Twitch. If a streamer does not want that sort of content on their channel, they should be able to block it. Additionally, this option should be able to be seen publicly. Parents who check their children’s activity might want to be able to know a streamer opts out of Military recruitment ads targeted at minors.

521 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. JK Rowling is a vocal transphobe and promoting Hogwarts Legacy enriches her, helping her further her anti-trans agenda. Please do not run ads for this game.

506 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Comments Closed  ·  dowski responded

Hey all,

Because of the nature of the comments we will be closing comments on this thread at this time. Voting and showing support for this idea will still be available while comments are closed. Thank you for your understanding on this.

12. I have no problem with ads usually and I understand why they're there, but it seems that a new feature rolled out that makes it so that an ad plays every 20 minutes when you're watching a vod.

I find this really annoying, as the ads are usually about 100% more loud than the vod so every 20 minutes I need to stop whatever I'm doing and turn down the volume on my computer (since I can't change the volume of the ad, which is not great either btw) and wait for the ad to finish so I can turn…

453 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Creators need tools that customize ad content to improve the ad viewing experience on the platform. It is a serious flaw in the system that creators do not have any input on what ad content is shown to their viewers.

To share what prompted this idea, the other night a viewer informed me that they had been shown an ad for Hogwarts Legacy. This was very upsetting, because my stream has become a haven for marginalized folks on the platform (I myself am a triple minority). The promotion of JK Rowling's media on my stream was very upsetting to my…

324 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Give broadcasters the choice of what type of ads to play (political, beauty, sports, etc.) And make it so broadcaster-run ads disable random ads for longer periods of time.

That way the streamer is in control of their cast

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello,

I'm a moderator for a few channels. I'm not a sub in all the channels. When someone I stream for starts, that I am not subscribed in but am a moderator I usually get 1-3 ads before I can enter the stream.

It would be extremely helpful if ad's or at the very least pre-rolls were disabled for moderators for the channel they mod in.

Thank you!

265 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automatic mid-roll ads would be much better for the streamer and viewers if there's ads that doesn't interrupt the stream audio content totally, instead just taking most of the screen to display the product/service advertised, with the stream visual being shown in the picture-in-picture. Leaving it as an option (if mid-roll ads have sounds or not) to the streamer would be the best so you could know what the creators want to have on their stream. I know silent ads usually doesn't pays as much as full video ads with sounds, but having less intrusive ads would allow you to…

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am a former Alcohol abuser and I really don't appreciate the recent trend of literally every collection of ad's for some of my streams contain ads for alcohol. It seems 1, like a waste of ad space for me, and 2. an annoyance and reminder of a temptation i don't want or need.

It would just be nice to be able to just block ads for drugs/alcohol.

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The ad manager and 55% revenue split has been very beneficial for me personally, however I think it is only really helpful for a very small portion of streamers. My stream is compartmentalized so that I can fit my content into 1 hour periods (the max period allowed in the scheduler). The overwhelming majority of streamers playing games do not have this ability and in general from my experience most viewers would prefer extended ad breaks more infrequently during BRB periods while the streamer is not playing, than short ads interrupting content frequently.

I think that MANY more streamers could…

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am getting advertisements in channels I'm subscribed to, even in channels where I have a tier 3 subscription. I PAY TO NOT HAVE ADS. Either refund me for every subscription I have because you're FALSE ADVERTISING or STOP IT IMMEDIATELY!

176 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ads are intrusive, annoying and serve no real value to a viewer or creator in a live streaming platform. But if they must exist, why not make them not so intrusive to the experience?

Currently the PIP solution does nothing good for either party. It still essentially shuts off the stream on a whim and if people don't know where to look, it's all but gone for the time the ad is running. Why not put the Ad window where the stream window goes now, and let the stream keep running as normal, so we continue our engagement with the…

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?