Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

76 results found

1. When a stream disconnects and then reconnects, the ads manager resets. Sometimes streams disconnect multiple times and the ads manager resets and ads play after the designated ad start time that is set.

It would be great if there was a cooldown for starting the ads manager over again after a disconnect. During a disconnect, the ads manager should continue from where it left off before the disconnect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The existence of a hard cap on preroll free viewing time at 30 minutes is extremely restrictive, and difficult to integrate with various forms of streamed content. Being forced to take an ad break every 30 minutes causes disruption to content flow, and is detrimental to viewer experience.

There is no difference in ad density between 3m/h and 1.5m/ .5h. The pinning of pre-roll free viewing to a 30 minute cap feels very arbitrary and creates an artificial barrier to fluid integration of ad breaks for creators streaming longer form content.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently, affiliates are able to schedule 3 min of ads an hour to achieve 55% ad share, an increase from 35%. However, partners are only promised the 55% through the ad incentive program. Why? This makes applying for partner a potential downgrade, as if you get bad offers (which happens) you can't simply use the auto ad manager to make as much as you should.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We are experiencing a situation where you are placing too many and long advertisements, which is causing us to no longer enjoy the broadcasts of the channels we watch. We kindly request and urge you to promptly address this issue. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have been a part of the Ad Incentive Program since March-April of this year trying various ad lengths and seeing the consequences of longer ad running times. For context I have been Streaming on the platform full time since early 2019.

One major perk to any level of Ad Program offer is that Streaming has become more sustainable for specific partners like myself.

A major issue is that offers CANNOT be renegotiated. If you receive an offer for 1 min, 2 mins, 3 mins per hour one month, your next month could be a minimum of 5 mins per…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. At this time, Ad revenue from ad fills shown to viewers in VOD content is not represented in the Channel Analytics. This is leading to confusion where some are unaware that they are still accruing Ad revenue for this content format.

It'd be really helpful to have this outlined in the Revenue tab on the Channel Analytics graph in some way so Creators can better understand how their live and archived content helps them earn ad revenue.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Affiliates don’t earn enough from ads to have to deal with the headache of them consistently rolling when they’re gaming or whatever content they’re doing! We should have the option to TRUELY DISABLE THEM or have a timer when the next one is gonna show, YouTube has a marker that shows when an ad is gonna run, I get with live streaming that isn’t possible but if I know the times they’re gonna run, I’ll be sure to not start a game or pause the video or stop my content for the 3 minutes it’s gonna run, so my community…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I left an ad to finish by itself by opening a different tab. I go back to the twitch vod and another ad pops up right after... I do not think it's the streamer's fault. It's genuinely twitch with their interesting ad placements in vods...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. From the latest blog post: "First, we’re updating the way disabling pre-rolls works for channels. Running three minutes of ads per hour in any way will disable all pre-rolls — they no longer have to be split into 90-second ads every 30 minutes."

I feel like this is not enough. I dislike pre-roll ads on Twitch, both as a viewer and as a creator, because they discourage checking out new channels. I understand that ads are necessary for Twitch, but they're not necessary for me, so I suggest giving creators four (or more) options:

• 180 seconds of ads/hour with a…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm a small streamer, there's so many out there like me, and I do speedruns. People can miss things during the runs, ask me things then miss replies or leave during a pre-roll. I had them turned off but now it's forced on people because of Amazons profit-first approach. You're turning people away and, frankly, ruining something I enjoy doing. And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Small streamers earn almost nothing, we put content out there that you make money from, but are most at risk of losing the few viewers they have. Just…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello, Twitch!

Currently, when managing an ad schedule, when enabling it from a disabled state, I see the following message:

Ad Revenue Share Split Change
    Your updated ad revenue share split will take effect at (time with timezone)

That time is multiple hours away.

This looks like if I enable the default and very aggressive ad schedule, I wouldn't be compensated the 55% until that time has passed, which leads me to believe I'll be running an aggressive schedule at only 30% revenue share. This means, if I want to toggle ads on and off depending on the stream topic,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There's a drop down in the Ads Manager to send a notification a certain number of minutes before a scheduled ad is about to play. It defaults to OFF.

However, setting this to something other than OFF apparently does not work, because no notification appears either for the viewer or the streamer.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. So i just watched trough 6 adds because i coulnd care of them, what i dont accept it reseting at the end of the 6 adds to play after i watched them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. This morning the front page banner ad is for an NFT/Crypto scam.

There isn't even a place to click the ad to report it as inappropriate when it's the front page banner. Can you do better at vetting the ads you allow on the site? And do a better job at following up on feedback for inappropriate ads?

I don't want to have to see ads for religious groups, NFT scams, etc. but even if I report them, they still show up all the time.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to not run ads at all. I get that streamers get revenue, but its so small to me, that it doesn't really matter. I, like a few people I've interacted with, directly or indirectly, feel like the random roll of ads (sometimes a 3 minute ad will roll) deters new viewers from sticking around longer to find if they like the streamer. There are some people who just aren't "on" for the entire stream and it takes a good 2 minutes for an interesting topic to come up, but when you already say through ads, you decide…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In the Ad Scheduler (Until you have the ability to actually Manage Ads then this feature needs to be Renamed) there should be an option to choose which type of Ads your channel shows, ie Lower Thirds, pic-in-pic, display or audio.

For example most Broadcasters may actually be open to showing 22min/hour of ads (current max setting in scheduler) if those 3mins of ads every 8min on stream were lower thirds ads that didn't block access to viewing the stream or listening to its audio.

Then in the Scheduler which you could now call a Manager, show what the potential…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please give an option to block non-smoking ads. I quit smoking recently and seeing vapes every day when i try to watch twitch isnt helping. SeemsGood. The ads might be helpful for people thinking about quitting but are detrimental for those quitting.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When collaborating with other streamers it would be great to be able to sync ad managers to run the ad spots at the same time on each stream so the streamers can plan the same breaks at the same time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give us the ability to view what ads our channel is likely to run and blacklist ones we don't want associated with our channel

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If a scheduled ad is going to run right after a raid, there should be a way for Ad Manager to automatically delay the ad run by an amount of time (5-10 minutes), so the raiders have an opportunity to see the streamer before that ad break.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?