Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

76 results found

1. Currently, Twitch themselves control when and where the ads appear in VOD's. The issue with that is that Twitch doesn't know where is the appropriate place to place said ads. It should be left to the user, as they can more appropriately place them, as to not disrupt the flow. Just tell the user how many ads and they can place them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We could have either an API that sends a signal for when an ad is about to be played or an option on the Stream Manager that plays something when an ad is about to play.

So at least the streamer is aware of when to pause the game to do a bathroom break or not go in an critical part and make the viewers lose it because of an ad.

That would help some of us with selective focus and don't have 2 monitors to keep track of the ads in a full screen game.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently the max you can run with one button press is three minutes (one hour of no pre-rolls). Allow us to increase that to whatever we want, for example I would like 6 minutes of ads (2 hours of no pre-rolls).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I missed so many very important moments while watching bc of 2-3 min long unskippable ads that covered the whole screen. I rarely watch twitch anymore bc the ads are super annoying and block content so that I miss important moments in peoples streams. I think it would be nice if there was a skip button of some sort so people can continue to enjoy the streams and not like a min in jus like 5-10 sec ads PLEASE.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Amazing how ad-centric the site now is. I end up just closing the window or opening a new streaming service when I feel they become overwhelming. Add more picture in picture options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. there are too many ads on twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I stream sports so there are some stops each now and then that could be filled with ads and no complain if only we could trigger them at the right times and right duration.
    I stream rink hockey. Ball is so small that Stream Display Ads during game play are also ineffective as video is resized.
    Standard ads and Stream Display Ads would be great if only shown during game stops.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Here’s a suggestion, guys…if we could code the ad algorithm to delay during top ten situations that would be great. So frustrating! I watch PUBG and don’t mind sitting thru the ads.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How do I disable ads ?
    I just don't care about them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We are experiencing a situation where you are placing too many and long advertisements, which is causing us to no longer enjoy the broadcasts of the channels we watch. We kindly request and urge you to promptly address this issue. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello, Twitch!

Currently, when managing an ad schedule, when enabling it from a disabled state, I see the following message:

Ad Revenue Share Split Change
    Your updated ad revenue share split will take effect at (time with timezone)

That time is multiple hours away.

This looks like if I enable the default and very aggressive ad schedule, I wouldn't be compensated the 55% until that time has passed, which leads me to believe I'll be running an aggressive schedule at only 30% revenue share. This means, if I want to toggle ads on and off depending on the stream topic,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. So i just watched trough 6 adds because i coulnd care of them, what i dont accept it reseting at the end of the 6 adds to play after i watched them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I've happily taken part in the new Twitch Ad Incentive program and am grateful for the chance to finally earn enough to keep the basic bills paid. In the last 90 days, each progressive Ad Incentive offer is for more hours streamed, more minutes of each hour devoted to ads ... yet ... smaller pay-outs. My viewership is growing and my non-subbed viewer are sticking with me through the ads. I'm agreeing to more hours streamed and giving you more ad time each hour. Yet Twitch is giving me PAY CUTS and I don't think I'm alone. No one could…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Yesterday mine viewers tell me, ad isant going, just see a msg ad twitch break, what happened?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. nao apareceu pra mim proposta do fluxo de ad nas minhas lives,tem algum lugar expecifico para que eu possa escolher?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. voy a ser sincero, he dado mas dinero a twitch q a mi propia familia, no me importa, no es el tema pero la publicidad es tan molesta que me frustran. odio su pagina porque no saben filtrar eso, meten tanta publicidad que esto se va a pudrir, podrian parar de molestar con eso a gente que ha dado mil dolares o mas, no existe un filtro, no veré otras personas en twitch, no esperare 1 minuto o dos cada 5 minutos. el dinero los transformo tanto que será lo mismo que los matará, dejen de llenarme las pelotas con…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. i have YOUR ad schedule on my channel and after 8= hours of streaming i've made all of $0.68... whats this 55% when i don't even get 1% for running what you suggest... and $100 to cash out? why it's MY MONEY, sorry you have to pay some kind of fee, but you can cover it with all the ad revenue you dont give out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For me, the whole thing about the Ads Manager is being a fallback mechanism to ensure the preroll ads don't get turned on. As it is right now... it simply does not do that.

There's no fix for snoozing (not directly), but running a manual ad should not count against an ad that's scheduled after pre protection expires.

Really, though, the correct fix is to give us a programmable interface. My bot should be able to read the current settings, and modify it to whatever's necessary...

a. I want to know when the next ad is scheduled.
    b. I want
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Every streamer on twitch who isnt a Partner with the new revenue share, is complaining about the increase in ads lately. All of our conversations get interrupted.
    If we run ads the prerolls stop for a bit but then the viewer gets a 6 part preroll ad after the cooldown. This is pushing people off twitch because no one can subscribe to everyones channel. On top of that we are losing some of our sub revenue right? In exchange for maybe 5 bucks of ads a month?

Why cant we have ads that dont interfere with the entire screen or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. One might think a banner that only slightly shrinks the screen would seem a less intrusive way of delivering ads than full-screen ads, but I'm finding them more annoying. Their frequency combined with their commonly using a white background creates a huge contrast between the often-darker backgrounds of the stream. I.e., they're an eyesore.

I suggest advertisers be required to also provide a "dark mode" version of their banner. Let viewers toggle their preferred mode in account settings and additionally provide a checkbox to toggle the mode whenever a banner ad is displayed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?