Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

76 results found

1. Last month, I took a vacation, so I ran reruns for my community to enjoy! However, initially unknown to me, It pushed my stream hours to 119 for the month when I normally stream around 80. This also messed up my ad offer for August significantly.

In July, I was able to pick between 5, 6 and 7 minutes of ads, which is no issue for me and the way that I do things. The offer for July's ad program was very nice and was a great balance between time spent showing ads and money offered.

For August, I was…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add manager is not working correctly. I have been streaming after setting it up and the ad revenue has not increased and the buttons for ads no longer work on the side panel. Additionally, it says ads have been run but watching the stream from another device or through team page or incognito shows no ad running at the allotted time frame in the ad manger settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This morning the front page banner ad is for an NFT/Crypto scam.

There isn't even a place to click the ad to report it as inappropriate when it's the front page banner. Can you do better at vetting the ads you allow on the site? And do a better job at following up on feedback for inappropriate ads?

I don't want to have to see ads for religious groups, NFT scams, etc. but even if I report them, they still show up all the time.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please give an option to block non-smoking ads. I quit smoking recently and seeing vapes every day when i try to watch twitch isnt helping. SeemsGood. The ads might be helpful for people thinking about quitting but are detrimental for those quitting.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give us more autonomy in the Ads manager beyond the sliders. Right now in the ads manager we’re confined to sliders however I would love the ability to manually place ad blocks in the ad manger for more precise control on the timing of ads.

Example: I would love to run my ads automatically at the top of every hour on my stream so that I can schedule my breaks then and chat won’t miss out on any action while ads are running but the way the sliders are set up currently doesn’t make this possible. Having the ability to…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. One might think a banner that only slightly shrinks the screen would seem a less intrusive way of delivering ads than full-screen ads, but I'm finding them more annoying. Their frequency combined with their commonly using a white background creates a huge contrast between the often-darker backgrounds of the stream. I.e., they're an eyesore.

I suggest advertisers be required to also provide a "dark mode" version of their banner. Let viewers toggle their preferred mode in account settings and additionally provide a checkbox to toggle the mode whenever a banner ad is displayed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello! This is great! Glad you guys are able to offer this to streamers! So, some ideas I have or feedback to say is that there are streamers like myself that have streamed for 200+ hours! We love gaming, love our community so we will stream for long periods of time. So 40 hours I feel is kinda low. I know this is just a starting point, but i feel that if you gave more higher options people would do it! Also if you could include on the dashboard if we need to require a certain amount of concurrent viewers…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can I just turn them off forever?? I'm a small streamer and its stunting growth when non-subs can't just chill in the channel. Let me turn ads off, its not like its making you or me any money. It's not a big deal

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It says we can click a button to start an ad during stream on mobile device under stream info. It never works. And you may choose to be notified before the ad starts but I do not recieve any.
    I ask to Fix that "Start Ad" button! And Add it and Connect that with OBS/ Stream Elements, allow where we want the notification of pre run ads to go to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Didnt appear any ads after i set up schedule run ads during the broadcast, but its was noting ads run on my stream for a week!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently you can only space ads AT MOST by 1 hour, but some content doesn't really lend itself well to that. The same logic applies to the initial delay just like 1 hour isn't enough, there's no way 30 minutes is enough. All this makes the manager basically unusable. Maybe an option to make the first ad shorter? I think the manager is a great idea for people like me that want to run ads but keep forgetting, but it's too rigid in its current state if your content needs to not be cut off by an ad

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello Ad Manager
    I am a fine artist, painting in watercolour as LorrainePaints. I am steadily growing my stream thanks to my son Grathwrang. Although Twitch is geared up for gamers (this is obvious) it is an excellent social media site for lots of artists. It is unfortunate that this has not dawned on your management. So I challenge you to find sponsorships that suit the many artists on Twitch. It is extremely costly to buy the tons of supplies necessary to 'perform' on a stream. How about finding someone to help support us, like a major art supplier (Winsor…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Running midrolls every 30 minutes to prevent pre-rolls is insane. A single midroll as a streamer with 50-100 viewers will lose me half of my viewers per adrun.

This is not something I'll EVER do. The running of midroll ads simply is not something that's viable in any way ever for small streamers..

Give me an option to run a non-intrusive ad that does NOT interrupt live content and sure, I'll run it to prevent pre-rolls. But cutting the entire stream? Never ever

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Editors had access to change the ad density for months and you just took away the permission with this new update.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have mine set to 5 minutes, which is the shortest option. Unfortunately, this is still too short of a time frame for a heads up notification, as a lot can happen between when I first get the heads-up and when the ad actually runs and I can end up getting sidetracked. If a 1 minute option could be added, OR make it a sliding scale like the spacing, length, and first ad delay so we can choose, that would be fantastic!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Que a los streamers principiantes les dejen poner anuncios

4 votes