Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

224 results found

1. Normally, I don't mind ads. I know ads are the way Twitch makes money, as well as Twitch's content producers. But, the ads for Chrome are so annoying that every time one comes on, I immediately close it, and, there are WAY TOO MANY of them that play. (Most of the time, two Chrome ads play in a row!)

The stupid ones where a person is pressing thumbs in your face (making it look like the person is on their cell, the one with the stupid fake dog, and that annoying one where everyone says, "uhhh....." I hate them all!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As a 10+ year twitch user, it's sad to see what has happened to twitch in regards of AD spam. I sometimes think is it bugs out with the amount of ads I see.

Is it really necessary to spam the same ad every time I try to stream hop? That's how I have always used twitch. I don't stay on a single stream for long every time I use the website.

The worst of it all is when I'm trying to see other perspectives of gaming tournaments. Shouldnt there be a timer to not seeing the same ad? I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'm not against the idea of ads, but maybe let there be a way for people to avoid getting jump scared by ads such as the one mentioned.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To keep it short, let streamers disable ads entirely.
    Not all streamers want to make money off of streaming, but with all the fun interactive stuff (channel points, emotes) locked behind affiliate and thus - monetization - some streamers feel like they can't do much unless they make the leap.
    But, naturally, smaller streamers can't really grow an audience if they're either A) stuck rolling pre-rolls or B) Have to manually run ads themselves. I'm sure you've seen enough complaints about pre-rolls and mid-rolls that I don't need to elaborate.
    The Stream Display Ads were a nice idea.... but since…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am a former Alcohol abuser and I really don't appreciate the recent trend of literally every collection of ad's for some of my streams contain ads for alcohol. It seems 1, like a waste of ad space for me, and 2. an annoyance and reminder of a temptation i don't want or need.

It would just be nice to be able to just block ads for drugs/alcohol.

189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ads should not play when watching your own stream. Simple as that, this bug affects your own platform legitimacy and your relationship with advertisers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If you're going to barrage with ads using the same depressing, awful ad on repeat makes Twitch unwatchable altogether. You have to at least select some variety and some entertainment or creative value. And nothing that is an ideological push.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Right now, we're dealing with the biggest natural disaster that happened to our country. Since we're living in a country with media blockage, Twitch is one of the few social media sites where we can get real news, especially for persons like me who are trying to figure out what's happening in foreign countries. When I'm trying to understand if my citizens are safe, I'm getting 3+ ads at least 3 minutes long. Please stop it for a while, at least.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. gambling ads are disgusting and predatory
    it is christmas in a downturned economy where people are struggling to pay their heating bill and you want to encourage them to spend their money on a 1 in 40 billion chance of winning the lottery
    Just like smoking, gambling is an addiction and should not be advertised

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. limit how many ads a streamer can post in a row 7 ads is really pathetic. Two max is better

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I live in Toronto, Ontario. I am 25 years old and have/had suffered from bulimia in my lifetime. I do not feel like is a unique issue, especially considering the demographic on this website. I do not know why or how, the GO Train ad go approved for this website. I would really appreciate not seeing that while I am trying to feel comfortable and safe.
    The ad is just very insensitive for people with eating disorders. It is also a known fact that hearing or seeing other people vomit, induces vomiting. Why would that ad be made then, what…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As the title states: add Upvote/Downvote buttons for ads in whatever form you like: thumbs up, upvote, plus sign or even make like 5 categories to put the ad in (funny, positive, negative, annoying or more). This would benefit not only the users, but ad partners and twitch itself too:

• users will be able to upvote or downvote ads: in the future this could be used to personalize the ads shown to specific users, giving them a more enjoyable experience. In my experience i actually like some of the ads and REALLY disklike others

• similar to channel points, this feature…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm not sure this is the right place but I need to put this out there. There is a specific, local, ad that plays during every ad break. This ad includes multiple people pretending to vomit. It's so disgusting that I have to mute whatever I'm watching as the sound is actually stomach turning and it continues throughout the whole ad. I get the point, but it's gut wrenching. Any option that will allow me to NOT see this ad again (I've already subbed all I can lol) would be great but I can't seem to find anything like 'don't…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Audio ads less disruptive. I am never going to reply to an ad, I am FORCED to listen to dozens of times. I already buy cheetos, I shouldn't have to listen to that music countless times an hour. It makes me mute ALL ADS. Find another revenue stream. It is ******* people off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have recently gotten "Free Loot" pop-up ad on streams that advertise prime ingame rewards for Apex Legends. Going to the prime gaming page i will not see that there are any available for the game and understand that this has been absent for a while so don't understand why i would get a ad for this now. Unless there are plans down the line. I would consider this false/misleading advertising. Since it promotes a prime reward that does not exist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am a user who uses Twitch to watch streams. Recently, I have been feeling that there are too many ads that are played at the beginning of a stream and that it is negatively impacting my viewing experience. I am also dissatisfied with the frequency and length of continuous ads that can ruin my stream viewing experience. While I understand that ads are a part of Twitch's business model, I believe it is important to avoid disrupting the viewing experience. To improve the stream viewing experience, I hope Twitch can eliminate ads played at the beginning of streams and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The banner ads are preventing interactions with Twitch Overlays. For example, while watching a Cult of the Lamb stream, various overlay interactions came up, but while banner ads were present, I was unable to click the votes or other interactive elements that appeared. Please fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?