Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

218 results found

1. If you're going to spam adds, might as well make them target properly to the gender of the viewer, specially that applies if we are on the forced inclusion month known as pride month,

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'm not against the idea of ads, but maybe let there be a way for people to avoid getting jump scared by ads such as the one mentioned.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'm a Twitch Prime user and I'm sick of ads. Although I pay for your services, I still see ads and you ask for additional payment to not see them. The same service with youtube premium just cancels all ads but your system is really bad right now. Please don't show ads to prime members, or I will cancel my subscription next month.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I think the twitch company has already made enough money on stolen credit cards and "bit theft". More than 2 ads for more than 30 seconds in a row that you force us to buy the "Turbo" membership are making you lose customers! Streamers are looking for a new platform to escape to like youtube and viewers complain about the same problem...
    I don't know who is doing your company analysis, but if it continues like this, you will definitely experience a rapid collapse. To avoid losing customers:
    reduce the number of ads,
    Shorten the advertising time.
    Simple.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. endless ads when browser does not have focus
    just because the window does not have focus or is muted does not mean i am not watching
    as soon as i alt+tab back to it, or unmute i get 3+ ads
    this is extremely annoying and i just close it, i dont care how the content was

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. WHITE & BRIGHT Ads should not be allowed on a gaming platform. Amazon just supplemented an ad with a BRIGHT WHITE border that said something like "Buy this product on Amazon." Try viewing that experience at 2 AM when it's completely dark, Imagine, you're vibin on Pokimane pro'g noobs on League, sweet, sweet darkness all around you, bowl of cheetos in your lab, bowl of ice cream in front of you...and...BAM..."BuY ThIs Pr0ducT on AmAzOnNNzzz" The light from the bright white strip could wake up the dog in the house across the street. You're now blind. Your only comfort? Knowing…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adidas Ad is ridden with flashing lights and *. I don’t understand how the **** got approved in the first place. I understand you guys have to make money but for gods sake have some regulations against flashing lights

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Normally, I don't mind ads. I know ads are the way Twitch makes money, as well as Twitch's content producers. But, the ads for Chrome are so annoying that every time one comes on, I immediately close it, and, there are WAY TOO MANY of them that play. (Most of the time, two Chrome ads play in a row!)

The stupid ones where a person is pressing thumbs in your face (making it look like the person is on their cell, the one with the stupid fake dog, and that annoying one where everyone says, "uhhh....." I hate them all!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have recently gotten "Free Loot" pop-up ad on streams that advertise prime ingame rewards for Apex Legends. Going to the prime gaming page i will not see that there are any available for the game and understand that this has been absent for a while so don't understand why i would get a ad for this now. Unless there are plans down the line. I would consider this false/misleading advertising. Since it promotes a prime reward that does not exist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am a user who uses Twitch to watch streams. Recently, I have been feeling that there are too many ads that are played at the beginning of a stream and that it is negatively impacting my viewing experience. I am also dissatisfied with the frequency and length of continuous ads that can ruin my stream viewing experience. While I understand that ads are a part of Twitch's business model, I believe it is important to avoid disrupting the viewing experience. To improve the stream viewing experience, I hope Twitch can eliminate ads played at the beginning of streams and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Advert for psycho-sexologist Audible book has become nothing but obnoxious to see/hear after it has frequently been played on every stream.

An option to rate adverts via mobile app would be ideal for better recommendations specific to genres chosen by every user; instead of the same adverts pushed by servers that are only based on country/region and often played too frequently and/or inappropriate for all viewers etc.

Better adverts will appease more users, if adverts are needed to be watched.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The banner ads are preventing interactions with Twitch Overlays. For example, while watching a Cult of the Lamb stream, various overlay interactions came up, but while banner ads were present, I was unable to click the votes or other interactive elements that appeared. Please fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why are their sex talk ads on twitch at 6pm aest. Definitely not an idea match for the time demographic or the platform. I understand you guys have given up on banning people who are just here to get money out of ***** games but ads for a sex talk audible thing doesn't fit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ads should not play when watching your own stream. Simple as that, this bug affects your own platform legitimacy and your relationship with advertisers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As a 10+ year twitch user, it's sad to see what has happened to twitch in regards of AD spam. I sometimes think is it bugs out with the amount of ads I see.

Is it really necessary to spam the same ad every time I try to stream hop? That's how I have always used twitch. I don't stay on a single stream for long every time I use the website.

The worst of it all is when I'm trying to see other perspectives of gaming tournaments. Shouldnt there be a timer to not seeing the same ad? I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I supose thats this problem is only in my country. Im form Spain and today I saw several ads about a supposed NGO called Oxfam. This company has had legal problems for abuse, harassment and intimidation in the Congo.
    Everyone can make mistakes, but I don't want to see ads from companies asking people for money to help others and then sexually abusing the most vulnerable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. limit how many ads a streamer can post in a row 7 ads is really pathetic. Two max is better

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here