Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

224 results found

1. Pfizer vaccines have killed or maimed millions, including some of my family. The ads are false marketing, dangerous, and offensive.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Much like with radio or spotify ads, the new audio only ads Ive experienced are much louder than the content I'm watching. It may technically be made to match the sound level of the content, but often these types of ads are compressed to seem much louder. Hopefully ads content is reviewed ahead of time before they are published and can catch this type of artificially boosted loudness. Ive not experienced the same problem with regular ads.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Some of the ads I'm getting now are so unfathomably annoying that I will be taking measures to avoid them. How about twitch take note when someone never watch an add? Is that even possible. Cuz I watch the "normally annoying" ads, but there's three ads right now that I would tear my ears off rather than listen to them one more time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Watching a stream, which at a point it was very quiet, immediately a short "Skulls & Bones" ad plays & it was uncomfortably loud, I could hear it 2 rooms away. Ads love to have loud volume to catch the viewer's attention, but people who have sensitive hearing could get very anxious, or panicky. other ads are nowhere near as loud as skulls & bones. it was extremely obnoxious.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Guys stop sending me the google pixel 8 ad im not gonna buy it nor i can afford it, ffs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Many people who browse don't want to enter a smaller channel because of the potential ad they have to see.

Streamers can disable this ad by running ads during stream, of course, but anyone browsing has no way to know that such channel does or does not have a pre-roll ad. Many theorize this makes it more difficult for small channels to get viewers.

I suggest that twitch mark channels that currently have pre-rolls disabled so that it encourages people to come to that channel. It could be with a symbol, a marker, or just the words (ads disabled upon…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'll watch the ads at the beginning and the middle. I have for years. I understand the need for advertising. But letterboxing the stream inside an ad is ridiculous, especially one so bright it's going to give me a migraine. Until this is fixed I will only watch Critical Role on Youtube. Goodbye.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. thank you for pushing me to use an add blocker. i can barely enjoy a stream with all the adds and FORGET about browsing streamers, 2 min of adds just to see whats going on lol. The last 2-3 months have been awful. thank god my favorite streamer started multi streaming to youtube so i can hangout there as much as possible. I understand that my feedback doesnt mean **** but i just needed to rant about how awful twitch has become

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I get the importance of ads for the website but seeing the same annoying and cringy ads over and over really do not make me want to keep watching on the site. The little ceasers ones specially for example are WAY OVERPLAYED and when I do get one of these I close the tab and go hang out on youtube now. It hurts my brain to listen to and I'm not muting the stream I'm watching over and over so I don't hear it. Please just mix it up because I swear to god if I see that stupid peanut…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If twitch does not revert all changes allowing nudity and sexual content, I will be cancelling all subscriptions, myself and my teenagers will no longer visit the site, and I will reach out to any and all advertisers that I can to express my discontent. This is disgusting and outrageous what this site has turned into.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Its been over a year and still receiving French Ads. I don't care you guys give us ads, but just because some of us live in Canada, does not mean we want French Ads. Give us an option to disable bilingual ads or something.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The way Twitch/Amazon as a company is handling ads is poor at best. Not only are there irrelevant ads being shown on the following page on mobile, there are even banner ads for coinbase, crypto trading that has nothing to do with the spirit of Twitch, gaming. Either stick with gaming related ads, or remove those banner ads altogether. Failing that, make it a Prime Gaming perk to not have those annoying banner ads on the following page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am from NZ, a small country, majority of the ad's I seem to get on here are government safety ads. These are covered in disgusting bloody bodies, that I am forced to watch like 20x a day.
    I don't like this. Can we have some control on the level of disgust in the ads that I am forced to watch?
    These ads were designed for TV, to be played after 8:30pm, only once per ad break. That is not happening on this platform. I want them removed or something, because this is getting disgusting. It too often.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. TURN THE ADS DOWN HOLY **** I CANT HEAR MY OWN THOUGHTS IN MY BRAIN ILL PUT YOU IN MY SUICIDE NOTE I SWEAR TO ******* GOD

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There is a Verizon trumpet Christmas ad I'm sure they paid very handsomely for. I also know the CALM act only applies to broadcast TV and not your online ads. However this ad is ridiculous and plays constantly. It's literally loud trumpet noises in your ear for 30 seconds and has given me painful migraines. Most of your users wear headphones and get blasted twice an hour with that ****. Come on guys.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mir wird des Öfteren Werbung für den neuen SAW Film vorgeschlagen. In diesen Filmen geht es um die brutale Folter von Menschen auf schlimmste Art und Weise. Twitch ist eine Plattform die auch von vielen jungen Menschen, teilweise Kindern genutzt und geschaut wird. Diesen wird dann dieser Menschenverachtende und Horror verherrlichende Film AUCH angezeigt. Ich selbst schalte schon immer direkt den Ton aus und switche den Tab weil ich mir diesen Kram nicht antun kann. Ich plädiere für eine Löschung solcher nicht jugendfreien gewaltverherrlichenden Werbung!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I've seen it listed before long ago, but I wanted to make sure it was known that it is still be wanted. Most streamers on this platform are very small, ads are a constant nuisance, and streamers are constantly trying to find ways around them with I know at least some (myself included) who refuse to accept affiliate or other because of the ads.

As such, the idea is the following: Have tiers where the streamer can pay to not have ads for the month. Simple.

If a streamer has 5-10 people average in their stream, chances are Twitch is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ich schaue bisher immer brav die Werbung in den Streams. Aber wenn ihr jetzt auch noch die Oberfläche der App mit Werbung voll ballert, werde ich mich ernsthaft mit dem Thema WERBEBLOCKER+Twitch beschäftigen müssen!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This site is used by many different people. Some of us suffer from/have recovered from addiction problems. I myself had a gambling addiction, and it is incredibly hard to not lapse back into it. You banned gambling on streams, so why promote adverts for gambling? I extend this idea to alcohol adverts, too, as I have seen many users express concern as recovering alcoholics, that these adverts may lead them to a relapse.

I'd also like to point out that the minimum age for this website is 13 years old. Why are you promoting these sorts of things on a…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?