Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Streamers should have the ability to opt-out of certain ads, particularly military recruitment ads. Some creators may have a younger audience. The streamer should reserve the right to protect that audience. The military ad complex is already vast and has deep roots within Twitch. If a streamer does not want that sort of content on their channel, they should be able to block it. Additionally, this option should be able to be seen publicly. Parents who check their children’s activity might want to be able to know a streamer opts out of Military recruitment ads targeted at minors.

241 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

32 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. My friend just watched a vod and got an ad that made it seem like a kid committed suicide with their parent's gun. I'm assuming this was some kind of ad to promote gun control. Regardless of your political view, putting an unskippable ad with that kind of content is not something that should be allowed for a widespread audience.

Either those kinds of ads should not be allowed at all, or we should be given more control over what ads we would like to see on the platform.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am a former Alcohol abuser and I really don't appreciate the recent trend of literally every collection of ad's for some of my streams contain ads for alcohol. It seems 1, like a waste of ad space for me, and 2. an annoyance and reminder of a temptation i don't want or need.

It would just be nice to be able to just block ads for drugs/alcohol.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As rich as Amazon is you do not need commercials as much as you show them in streams and obviously your not going to get rid of ads. Find a way to show ads where it will not interrupt stream watching. Maybe a tiny box with an ad in stream where is someone is interested in the ad they can click on it. This way you get a true click number for you data. But I guarantee you that your numbers will be low because people cannot stand commercials. Watching these ads pop up ****** people off . Why do…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Maybe add more ads i don't know but stop spam the same one for days or weeks this can't be benefic for you or the compagny that bought these ads. Swaping stream and seeing the same ad again and again with a too loud volume is very harrasing

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Streamers who have tagged their channels as "family friendly" should be configured to block adult ads. In particular, ads promoting alcohol.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Intro ads are fine, closing/raid ads are fine, streamer chosen time ads are fine, banner ads on the website are fine, buying in for an ad free experience is fine. Look at all that. Now look how you are destroying your website. Nobody is fine with this. Stop at what you can actually get away with and leave the rest alone. I'm done and moving on.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently twitch is forcing me to view 5 ads whenever I click on a stream.

This is turning me off watching completely, as these ads last for 5 minutes.

I think we can agree that it is crazy to expect a viewer to wait for 5 minutes before they can see the stream and decide if they want to continue watching.

This is currently making it impossible for me to browse streams.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If I'm distraught enough by an ad to make the effort to mark it as offensive, I never want to see nor hear it ever again ONCE, instead of being repeatedly submitted to it for days on end. Simple as that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I keep seeing the same ad for 0% alcohol beer but it actually makes me want to drink more alcohol. Have you thought about how awful it is to constantly show that ad to recovering alcoholics? It doesn't make me want to drink 0% beer, only to go back to drinking alcoholic drinks. It's getting extremely annoying to keep having this same ad over and over, for every single stream I enter, despite being subscribed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I don't get why Twitch breaks there own TOS rules with Ads -- by showing *** cheeks which is against TOS -- and you ban streamers for this infraction

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A lot of gambling streamers are abusing the rules by spamming for example WWWWWWW before #ad to not show the necessary #ad on their stream title.
    If Twitch is not going to do anything about gambling streams you should at least make sure viewers know that the streamer is payed by the company to get them addicted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There are a Lot of offensive ads lately on twitch. I don't mind ads in general as I realize it supports streamers, but please add an option to block specific ad types ex. adult products appearing during family-friendly streams, or horror/jumpscare ads appearing during ASMR streams. It is entirely inappropriate to show this unwanted content and should be blockable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I believe there is a lot of real estate to be used for ads that is not nearly as disruptive as ones that block out the stream. What if there was an OPT-IN option for affiliates and partners for them to be able to place an "ad panel" into their about section.

This panel would have a few preset sizes (from the most common panel sizes) that the streamer could use and place amongst their other information. It is an area viewers will occasionally look for information, but it would not be blocking the actual content or covering up anything.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. MANY PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY LEFT TWITCH AND MOVED TO FACEBOOK GAMING DUE TO YOUR MULTIPLE ADS MONEY MAKING SCHEME, BETWEEN 3 AND 8 ADS AT A TIME IS CRAZY, GO BACK TO 1 AD OR YOU WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE STREAMERS AND VIEWERS, INCLUDING MYSELF, WHICH WILL INCLUDE CANCELATION OF PRIME

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There was no ad 1 week ago. Now i hate twitch because of ads.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Delete the adobe creativity ad. At the end of the ad, the audio distorts wildly and just sounds awful lol.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 min Werbung mitten im stream ganz ehrlich ihr könnt mich mal Twitch es macht kb mehr bei also vorm stream okay 1-2 von mir aus 3 werbungen sind okay bzw vertretbar aber wenn ich manchmal mitten im stream 11 kurz werbungen habe wo grade der streamer genau was am erzählen/machen ist macht es null Bock… meine zeit kann ich auch anders verbringen in dem ich auf YT bin oder auf prime netflix etc
    Ich hoffe ihr arbeitet mal an dem mist

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The audio at the end of the Adobe ad is so loud and choppy it is really annoying. Lowering the volume shows that it is the audio of the ad that is messed up, not based on volume.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have a serious issue with the ad I have been getting for the last several days for the game "DNF Duel." I intentionally try to watch streams that have a little flashing lights as possible due to photosensitivity. However, my streams constantly get interrupted by the ad for this game, and it flashes white on my screen repeatedly. PLEASE TURN OFF THIS AD. I have to block everything until its fixed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?