Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

150 results found

1. Give us some sort of visual feedback if a message someone put was put while the are in an ad or not, I've posted something in chat so many times just as a ad has hit only to not hear a response so I sure its happened the other way around too, This would let us easily see who is watching an ad while chatting so we could delay our response to the point where they can hear it again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Tie ads in with the chat so that if someone blocks ads they also have to block chat and would not be able to participate in the community unless adblockers are disabled on twitch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. can twitch send a message in streamers channel when ads play/end
    it sucks not knowing when to stop talking/gaming so no one misses
    anything cause no one can hear me or see me no more and I have no idea.
    Unless someone in my channel chat is willing to tell me directly. Can we get
    a bot or message to appear in chat to let streamer know when its playing or not not everyone has more then one monitor and can see a panel or anything.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please let us see when ads are starting, without having to have the creator dashboard open, such as posting in chat as a bot when ads are live.

Would be nice if there was a way for Twitch to post when ads are starting in the chat, so that people who stream with a single monitor, (which is a lot of people still) would be able to see when ads are starting and ending.
    Plus viewers could see this too.

I have streamed for well over 3 years now, and due to disability and poverty, I can't afford anything, let…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Creators need tools that customize ad content to improve the ad viewing experience on the platform. It is a serious flaw in the system that creators do not have any input on what ad content is shown to their viewers.

To share what prompted this idea, the other night a viewer informed me that they had been shown an ad for Hogwarts Legacy. This was very upsetting, because my stream has become a haven for marginalized folks on the platform (I myself am a triple minority). The promotion of JK Rowling's media on my stream was very upsetting to my…

330 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hello, can you add popup little ads in the corner from xsplit or OBS not from site when twitch show ad on live we want just turn off stream or turn on adblock but twitch can do ads inside the video stream, yes that's ads be unskippable but this ads don't block stream and show the product. Sorry but this is better, obs or twitch can do ads market where all companies can sell ads directly to the streamer with a small commission for twitch or obs and this ads be 100% better cuz streamer can turn it off or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This is a huge issue. Ads severely limit how effective we can do our jobs as mods because we can’t hear or see the streamer in a lot of cases so we lack the ability to communicate, especially when it’s a large group of ads. So Twitch, please disable ads for channel mods.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would really cool to add a feature where a viewer can subscribe to a creator and get various benefits with one being an ad-free experience. And make it work properly. Otherwise what is the point of subscribing to our favorite creators?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ads are a serious issue. Especially when watching a stream and an ad hits at a crucial moment. To correct this, allow the viewer to choose when the ad hits. Maybe there's a break in the action or maybe the viewer needs to go to the bathroom. Have a button that allows the viewer to execute the ad break. Then allow the stream to go for 30-60 minutes. If they don't execute, then the ad runs on the timer as usual. This way, not only will the viewer be more incline to watch the stream, but they will be more…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. To prevent viewers being in a situation where they miss live stream content, give users an option to "View ads now instead of on the regular timer schedule", which would then reset the timer. Yes you have to view more ads, but you then are guaranteed ad-free content for the next X amount of time (whatever the current timer is set at for running ads).

i.e. Watching a speedrun, on PB pace, 20 minutes left in the stream, but there's an ad in 15 min. I really don't want to miss the end! I'll just play an ad now, deal…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Que los afiliados también podamos optar a el programa de incentivos por anuncios.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it so Broadcasters can give Ads to certain roles and or Vice Versa. Like I can make it so Followers, Viewers and Regulars can get ads BUT I can set it as VIP, Mods and the Broadcaster of their own Stream wont get ads.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If I can choose to watch ads between my streamer's matches, I'd watch way more add than I do currently (add captcha to avoid bots) and not miss any of the action.
    Also, if I watch more than X ads per hour, I get to watch them without audio and with streamer audio, so I still have a small streamer window with its audio. Twitch'd make more money and viewers wouldn't be angry whenever something worth watching is happening and the ads ruin their experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. why doesn't twitch implement some kinda program where twitch seeks out brand deals for streamers (creator decides what deals they want to do and can say no to a deal) and takes a cut from that instead of running the invasive ads. higher payout that way. obviously people gonna take those for big payouts too even though they could just go through their own manager for those. just a free deal on behalf of the platform. everyone is happy and gets paid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think that would be a good idea to reward a viewer after watching enough ads.
    I often leave a stream because there are too much ads and it's frustrating.

So we could give for each viewer a "contribution wallet" that fills while watching ads, then after we reach a certain amount, we can sub on that specific channel using the time spent watching ads.

No need to see a value like money/time generated, it could be a progress bar with a % and when we reach 100% we can "sub for free".

For example, let's say I am watching…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Use the Watch Party secondary player, to maintain a Stream while using the Main player to play Ads, while reducing main stream's audio.

Common complaint for people is that Random ads can pop up and ruin the experience or have them miss out on something at the worst time such as a moment or a train or conversation.
    But if it's moved to the Top Right secondary player people can still not miss out on the stream while an Ad plays and the reduced Main Stream Audio would not anger advertisers as their video ad is still brought into Focus,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, the Ad Incentive Program presents you three offers every month. It's on a take it or leave it basis. I find there is a big issue with this though. The amount of money you are offered is fine. The amount of hours you are required to stream for a month is fine. The thing that doesn't make sense is the amount of minutes of ads per hour you are required to run.

I have received offers in two months now where the lowest ads per hour requirement was 4 minutes, and I have even seen some people with their…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If you have blocked or banned someone from your channel, when they come to your channel they no longer can watch the stream. They see nothing but an endless ad roll. They click on a VOD? You can watch it, after these ads. But then the ads never end.

Not to effect timedout users.

Please. Thank you. I love you.

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Since many distributors have sponsors, I think we should run ads from sponsors that the distributor has a contract with, not ads that Twitch has a contract with.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Here's a few ideas:
    • Banner Ads - Delivered SPECIALLY on Live content and VOD. Shows a banner when the viewer joins and every 30 minutes up to 8 times.
    • Video Ads - Delivered ONLY in VODs, and only before playing out the VOD.
    • Intermission Ads - Delivered manually by the streamer by using a custom command, the ad takes over the player and puts the stream on a corner of the player (a little less of 1/4 of the player itself), playing non-repeated ads until the ad limit is reached, 10 minutes passes, or the streamer enters…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?