Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

148 results found

1. I use an adblocker not because I don't want to see ads. I use an adblocker because I don't want to support your scummy platform. I'm not disabling it no matter how much you block streams and everyone I know that uses Twitch feels the same way. You can completely block streams if you want, I just won't use your platform at all. It's up to you, stop being such scumbags with how you manage your platform and you wouldn't have as many people using adblockers. You will lose at least half of your viewers as soon as viable competitor…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As a streamer, I've started running reruns during times when I know I won't be streaming but there are possible viewers watching. I was thinking you should develop a way to schedule ad breaks during reruns, that way, we can control the ad experience a little better even during our off times.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. User controlled ad experience:

-Users run their own ads to build up an "ad immunity" duration for their current account.
    -This ad immunity duration will allow the user to view streams without encountering preroll/midroll/other ads for this period.
    -Longer the ads watched the longer the ad free duration.
    -Can have an upper limit of ad free viewing time, requiring additional ad viewing to top off the duration.
    -Users can choose who gets the ad revenue share, depending on where they trigger the ads to view. Either with a channel they want to support, or give the share to Twitch. Use…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Instead of having only pre-rolls and mid-rolls, I suggest including an ad credit system. Whenever people watch ads, they'll earn credits (similar to how bits used to work) and will be able to spend these credits to "skip" ads on channels they watch. This can be done in a few ways. I suggest having an ad stream where people can accumulate credits or some type of ad viewer of equivalence. This way, people would be able to accumulate as many credits as they want, to afford the price of a skip button on ads. This has absolutely no down side…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ads are presented as "supporting content creators" but there are a large number of people on Twitch who are streaming as a hobby or otherwise would prefer to pay so that their viewers can get a better experience, and for some of them the amount may be larger than the amount of revenue that the ads themselves would have brought in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If you could get an extension for games with lobbies that would roll a 10-15 second ad in between the games (lobby) rather than playing the regular one over the stream. Obviously, the Affiliate or Partner would have to download the ones for the games they play, if they play without the extension, or don't have it when they play the regular ad rules would apply.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I see multiplayer ads which are polls, twitch could take it to the next level and have multiplayer ads where chat plays each other in a minigame for 30s or 1m, like a very quick battle royale

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I feel that a few of features that are new, or in testing, on Twitch had a dedicated place on the page to run instead obstructing streams , or flashing up in chat.

Having a small area (maybe the top 1/4 of the chat area on desktop) to host these features wouldn't be that intrusive, and could be used as a place to display small ads for non-subs, and maybe the area could be used for the streamer to host custom apps (like overlays) for subscribers.

I'm a huge fan of consistency, so having an area like that to test…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If interaction breaks, momentum dies. There are dozens of ways to keep the momentum flowing while an ad is playing-- just look at all of the YouTubers who get sponsored and do skits/product placement during their videos.

Example: If the streamer has the ability to temporarily defer ads and play them back to back, ("collecting" an ad every 15 mins or so, to play 6 at the end of 1.5 hours,) this gives the streamer more control on when their intended content is interrupted-- or, even better, an option to play the ads FIRST in order to unlock SUBSTANTIAL ad-free…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If you guys used the same logic for bounty board on ads you could have a much easier time getting us to run them. I used to make hundreds a month in 2011 from ads and now despite growing etc etc I only push viewers away spamming them for MAYBE a few bucks if I'm lucky.

Myself and many others would likely be more happy to run ads if we had a target goal of "ad hours per month" that based on our viewership could fluctuate but would generally give us a target.

Example: Currently I stream 5ish hours a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. No advertisements for active chatters.

I think that when a streamer rolls an add or the auto rolling adverts pop up it can massively drive viewers and people invested in conversation away from the channel and forum.

A simple fix would be to not roll adverts to those actively chatting in the stream.

Say a 5 minute timer from last recieved message then roll an ad to that user and maximum of 1 ad to said user per user. Or a quick pop up box like the channel points warning users an advert is 30 seconds from rolling. Click on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If you want people to run ads, give them a reason to WANT to run ads. The hardest thing to do on Twitch is get discovered. Allow people to be higher up, or at the top of, a directory for a certain amount of time whenever they run an ad on their stream. Cap it out so you can't do it all day.

People will run ads for discoverability AND they'll have a chance to grow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Instead of pre-roll, mid-roll, or whatever adds, add a feature where the user can choose if they prefer adds right when they join the stream, throughout the stream, or after the stream(and before watching anything else).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We know ads suck but it's what allows free content..so the problem is that it's always the wrong time for ads, Especially when its down to the end of the game and we miss the Fing last battle because some ad pops up. How about a button that you can click when your streamer is in cue or going to the bathroom etc, and it runs the ads? yes it will still run ads as normal, however, if you are due for and ad to run in the next ten minutes, by clicking the ad button, it will skip the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. So just like Facebook and WeChat allow a preview of games and ads that involve interactivity, perhaps Twitch can include support for playable ads in pre-roll ads or in-stream ad breaks.

Here is an example of what I am talking about provided by Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/business/m/one-sheeters/playable-ads

I have listed down all the benefits of including playable ads in Twitch on this shared Google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T2iNVrNcf8Dz8l09f0eiIEt0dMMLb9ggaiU-OqIOP7M/edit#

I am working on a project with a non-profit but we chose NOT to put our marketing on Twitch because they don't offer playable ads (unless they do and you can let me know) which previews…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. let me put adds in my stream

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I think content creators should be able automatically run ads every 15 mins or however often and how long for so there is less need to have your stream manager open

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Most of ads should be skippable. Your site is a live streaming platform, you cannot force people to watch ads while they were watching something else that they will completely miss because of ads. Same concept goes for the first AD you are forced to watch as soon as you open one live stream. If im forced to watch something without any possibility to skip unless i close the whole page, i will 100% start hating on the promoted product just beause it is disturbing my plans.
    Also giving people the possibility to spam as many ads as they want,…

602 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Celebrate watching ads and provide value for the viewer and the streamer instead of regulary interrupting the consumers experience with unwanted content.

How? Here is an idea:

Twitch already had the "Watch ads for bits" function - but it currently is quite hidden in the "get bits section". What if instead of a forced full screen ad for x amounts of seconds twitch provides "watch this ad for bits" button on screen.It should appear at random times during streams or if the streamer triggers it manually.

There some ways to incooperate this feature with the current twitch flow: Streamer can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?