Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

148 results found

1. Does streamers get ad revenue on highlights?
    2. Does streamers get ad revenue on highlights even if highlights are embedded on a website owned by channel owner?
    3. If YES then write/ provide this info on affiliate ad revenue program page. Thanks, Reason for this request is that I could not find this info on twitch ,also could not get relevant info even after reaching out to twitch support.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  1. Right now theres not enough control over how a streamer runs an their stream with the new mid-rolling. However, a feature that can be added is to disable for 20 - 30 minutes mid-rolls for the stream per 30 second ad break and mid and pre-roll per 60 second. That way, a streamer can plan their ad breaks and work around them, especially for competitive games like overwatch, LOL, CSGO, etc. Even for non-competitive games, allowing a streamer the ability to control the flow of the stream by implementing an ad break to avoid mid rolls allows them to build…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. What I would like to see is people who hold multiple concurrent subscriptions, say 4 or 5 and up, to be allowed to have a site-wide advertisement-free experience.

Currently Turbo is the only option for an ad-free experience site-wide. Prime used to have it, but it was removed as a benefit for Prime (even though Prime costs more). Personally I find Turbo to be very unappealing for its cost, especially when I already have Prime which comes with most of its other perks.

I'd rather spend that money unlocking emotes in other streamer's channels as I feel it makes me…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The streamer I moderate for has a contract with Twitch where they have to run ads every hour. Sometimes they are busy with the game they are playing. Rather than having to post in chat a bunch to get their attention, it would help if moderators had the ability to start ads. Along with this, the moderators can't tell if the ads are successfully running if they are subbed. We have to constantly pester the streamer to know if they did ads on time. If there was some way for us to know the ads are running it would help…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hey Twitch team. The possibility to get a share of the ad revenue is a great feature. Unfortunately this can make everything around streaming (Taxes etc.) complicated. Where I'm from (Austria) an ad revenue makes everything much more complicated (I don´t go into detail here). So a option to opt out from this share would be great to have.
    Probably there are similar cases for other country. And even if not, this would help most of the Austrian creators.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add an option, as there is actually already with partners, but with affiliates, to have the possibility to hand out a sub to a regular viewer once every few months, I think this is a good idea because I notice that there are often people in the chat who do not have the money to be able to subscribe to a streamer themselves.
    I hope that this will be looked at so that people who are less fortunate can also enjoy ad free viewing sometime.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It's extremely annoying missing content with all the ads. Can you imagine watching TV shows where you miss content during commercial breaks? Yeah, didn't think so.

There should be an Opt-In option for users to Buffer the Stream when mid-roll ads are playing, then after the ad is done the buffered stream is played back at 1.5x speed until you're caught up with the live stream.

This wouldn't need to be enabled for the pre-rolls, just the ads after the stream is playing so you don't miss content.

How is this not a thing?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I appreciate the addition of the ads manager. But I wish I could delay auto ads besides running one manually. If something super exciting is happening on stream it'd be great to have a 'delay the auto ad for 3 minutes' button or something like that. You could limit it to one delay per hour so people don't try to abuse it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. let the ad's play a few mins after a raid.. not as people are entering chat for the 1st time. and then missing the raid it's self.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sometimes there is an interesting ad (I know, I know I am probably a rare animal being interested) and I don't manage to click quickly enough. There are no way to re-watch the ad, or check for an ad which is over.

I dunno maybe have a directory for the ad which people saw but could not click quick enough, or a button "re-watch advert"... OR a command !ad to be able to re-watch the ad.

My two cent. Although probably nobody want this except me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Why we having bot or command advertising by the streamer when the audience knows very well the purpose of the add. I believe if there was a ''Watch an add to support creator' button I would click it even just to redeem the chat points to highlight my message or redeem emojis or sound allert... i think it's functional

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If I'm channel hopping I should be able to not get an ad if I saw a preroll in the last 30 minutes ago.

This'll also improve discoverability, as it'll be "nicer" for viewers trying to find something to watch.

PreRolls are too annoying to users trying to channel hop to find something/someone (new) to watch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Twicth üzerinde ücretsiz binlerce kullanıcı var bunlar üzerinden para kazanmak için Twicth yayınlarda belli periyotlarda reklam koymalı kullanıcı eğer bu durumu kabul ederse her ay istediği bir yayıncıya Abone olabilir. Eğer kullanıcı reddederse şuan ki sistemde devam eder abone olmayan kullanıcı olarak devam eder. Bu seçim hakkı sunulması dahilinde kullanıcıların çoğu reklam izleyerek abone olmayı tercih edecektir. Bu sayede hem Twicth kazanır hem yayıncılar kazanır hem kullanıcılar kazanır. Fikir yatırımcısı olarak bana da biraz komisyon verilse hiç fena olmaz iyi günler iyi akşamlar dilerim.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There needs to be a way to stop ads playing for at least 1-2 hours. Taking a break every 30 minutes for a few minutes is just unrealistic and doesn't fit most content on Twitch. Longer ad break, every 2 hours or so would be much more agreeable I believe, especially when it comes with giving MORE agency to streamers. They know their community and their content the best

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When a user gets a mid-role add save the stream in a buffer and when the ad is finished continue where u where watching.
    Also add a button to jump to current since twitch does not have a timestamp slider or speed up the stream.
    This fixes the problem of users missing out content and gives them the option to which part of the stream they miss or view sped up.
    Twitch happy because everyone watches adds. Users happy they don't miss content.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. My subscribers like the idea of being able to opt in to watch ads if turning off ads is a perk for subs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Users sometimes dont know how much of an impact a sub does to themself especially how much annoying ad has been blocked. This will provide an insight or eagerness for a user to sub or turbo.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. twitch premium: no ads, can stream at increased bitrate, can upload 5 personal emotes to use on any channel, special badge

$5 a month, or $50 a year

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I love supporting Twitch streamers but I do not have money. Therefore I would love a possibility where I can support the streamer by watching ads that I myself click on a button to watch. You could make a system so the streamer gets notified when someone has watched 20 ads, 50 ads, 100 ads etc. And maybe also write how much money example 100 ads are worth.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If you guys are going to completely FORCE ads down our throats, you need to do one of three things:
    1) By far the easiest solution - Make Ads Skippable after X seconds.
    2) Make ads something that pops up as a Picture in Picture in the corner or something when a stream is running. I honestly like this one the best because I honestly wouldn't have an issue checking out whatever is being advertisted as well as (and I cant stress this enough) NOT MISSING STREAM CONTENT because someone wants to run 7-10 15-30 second ads in a row.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?