Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

138 results found

1. Ads during music streams are incredibly disruptive due to the fact that the audio is the primary focus of a music streamed. Forced ads are inherently detrimental to the quality of the stream and content. I propose that as a part of any future Ad policies that Twitch not implement forced mid-roll ads on Music streams of any kind.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In a tweet today Twitch Support stated "Thank you for all of your feedback. We have completed the mid-roll ads test. Ads are an essential part of keeping Twitch freely available and we understand your concerns. We'll continue to work on ways to improve the viewer ad experience and give streamers more control."

Please do more to communicate that the concerns of broadcasters and viewers were understood.

I am interested in what Twitch learned from the testing of mid-roll ads. What concerns did you notice trending and what feedback specifically are you accounting for in making "improvements" to advertising on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give broadcasters the choice of what type of ads to play (political, beauty, sports, etc.) And make it so broadcaster-run ads disable random ads for longer periods of time.

That way the streamer is in control of their cast

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Recently there has been a few changes on Twitch that could have been better implemented with some user research. Twitch has had a community set up for this exact thing for a long time, and yet, we are yet to see anything meaningful come through this. This is an ideal way for Twitch to get a better idea of how these changes are going to come through, without having to do "damage mitigation" after the announcement. Are we ever going to see this used?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Mid-Roll Ads Feedback:

You wanna roll more ads. Sweet. I want more pre-rolls disabled time for running them.
    90 seconds of ads = 45 Minutes of Pre-Rolls Disabled.
    Disable Mid-Roll ads if 60 seconds of ads have been ran in the past 60 minutes.
    Add an indicator both on stream and on Creator Dashboard that informs us if a mid-roll ad is about to be run within 10 minutes of ad, with a second 5 minute warning.
    Also inform viewers on stream that the mid roll ad that is about to run is 100% started by Twitch and not the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Its simple, 1-5 bits, for every ad I get for the new stream I watch, because that incentivizes people going through new channels, in their favorite games and finding new channels to watch. Shakes up the viewers, helps them find more people, AND helps them see their support in bits stack to give to the better streamer at the end of that hunt or they go back and give it to their favorite channel. But atleast they find new and wonderful streamers, something that's painful to do with the first ad everytime they watch a stream. Even in raids it…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. for different monthly rates users can get a monthly "ration" of subs and bits at a discount and are opted out of ads in a "the more you buy the more you save" and "use it or lose it" model. It should also expand upon the "sub tokens" model so people can use them towards different sub tiers.

ex of different tiers:
    $14.99/mo = 3 sub tokens/mo, no midroll ads, 500 bits/mo
    $24.99/mo = 6 sub tokens/mo, no mid or pre roll ads, 1000 bits/mo
    $49.99/mo = 20 sub tokens/mo, no ads,
    2000 bits/mo

additional suggestions: you can buy this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If we must have ads playing incessantly, which don't get me wrong, I understand the business need for them, how about we limit them to 10 seconds or less? As much as it still stinks to miss 10 seconds of a stream, it would at least suck less than missing like 30 seconds or so. It would be a nice middle ground between Twitch getting the ad revenue it needs and us, the viewers not getting interrupted.

Secondary idea to tag on to this: Warnings when ads are about to show up. Like youtube does, or did... or does? Give…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pretty much as it says in the title. Interrupting live content is the most patently stupid way of going about this. I suggest the following:
    1. Make the forced mid rolls use the smaller picture-by-picture player and make them silent so the stream doesn't need to be muted.
    2. Use banner ads instead.
    3. Pause the live stream in the background while the ad plays so that viewers don't miss anything.
    4. Abandon the idea altogether.
    5. Give creators full control of when they play and what ads get played.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If you are going to have midrolls you need to provide us tools to work with the midrolls as best we can as creators. Enough people have given you a reason it is a bad idea. I am offering up ideas to make it at least workable if you continue this route.

• We need a countdown on the streamer dash and the mod view on when the next ad will roll. Like a producer would have.
    • We need a limited ability to push back an adroll. Like a one time 2 minute snooze button, or a trigger early button.
    • We…
    36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Put it in the contract, that the streamer is obligated to play mid rolls every x hours, with a time window of 15 minutes to do so, but make it so, that all viewers see the ads at the same time. Just like on tv. The Streamer can plan and the viewers don't miss anything.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It feels counterintuitive from a creator stand point. Though I appreciate the stance of supporting creators, there must be better ways to implement paid ads. Personally, I'd love to see a system in place that connects partnered streamers to advertisers through some sort of partner panel. Plenty of streamers do paid ads already, but if you connect a streamer to a physical product to try on stream (a drink, snack, service, etc.) It's more interactive for the audience, and the streamer. Effectively stream lining your advertising practice, and through that service you would be able to still collect revenue of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello,

I'm a moderator for a few channels. I'm not a sub in all the channels. When someone I stream for starts, that I am not subscribed in but am a moderator I usually get 1-3 ads before I can enter the stream.

It would be extremely helpful if ad's or at the very least pre-rolls were disabled for moderators for the channel they mod in.

Thank you!

265 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Because of the large degree of lurk teams and point grabbing teams with empty viewership, I’m proposing a change to the ad sharing for partners relative to unique chatters and viewers as a combined total.

I also suggest no ads for twitch Prime users to promote more people having prime, and ads not showing on raids or embeds to eliminate some of the hollow viewing that also put Facebook into trouble with advertisers; then up the revenue sharing for the partners to match.

To some level this will minimize those without communities/porting lurkteams (I was in one yesterday for 10min…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 99.9% of all twitch ads are just annoyances to me, mainly because they are untargeted and I don't care about their content at all. I always get movie ads. And I never watch movies. I suggest twitch reworks its subscriber system: make it like ISPs do it to provide internet access: 5 bucks a month flat, no ads, a portion goes to individual streamers based on view time.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove ads from people streaming below a certain viewer amount.

Good god, it's so incredibly frustrating to go to people who have maybe 10-50 viewers, and you get a 30 second unskippable ad. I understand big events having ads, I understand people with 100-500 viewers getting ads. But when I visit a friend who's streaming with 4 viewers, and I get ads, it royally pisses me off. Your ads are becoming more annoying to deal with than YT advertisings.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have no problem with ads usually and I understand why they're there, but it seems that a new feature rolled out that makes it so that an ad plays every 20 minutes when you're watching a vod.

I find this really annoying, as the ads are usually about 100% more loud than the vod so every 20 minutes I need to stop whatever I'm doing and turn down the volume on my computer (since I can't change the volume of the ad, which is not great either btw) and wait for the ad to finish so I can turn…

453 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?