Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

139 results found

1. Currently you have: stream joining ads, banner ads that pop up at the bottom of the screen, then ads the streamer can launch, then short roll ads that take over the stream, and then you have long roll ads, and if we are really lucky the ad loop that people get stuck watching until we can get it to stop looping, all of which can happen at a major moment in a stream. It is as if Twitch came up with a number to make public for amount times, then found ways to cram more in where ever possible. It…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. So difficult just to contact support. Getting 3 ads in less than 30 minutes. Why do we not get paid to watch ads?? Twitch get money from ads, the streamers get money from ads, why not the end user who watch the ads? So many time wasted watching ads. Then why must I click every time on Followed channels just to put it on High to Low, can't you guys keep my settings that I select in the first place? Can't you mute the video when you open twitch? Some streamers scream in there mic and when you open twitch,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Смотрю трансляции людей находящихся под санкциями, почему я должен смотреть рекламу, если люди не могут вывести средства? почему нет раздела отключения рекламы полностью, для определенных регионов? или могу ли я за каждый просмотр рекламы получать деньги, если я ее смотрю, а стример не получает ничего?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. So recently while watching a buddys streams vod because I missed it, I kept getting more than 1 ad over and over again without a solid hour break in between which is annoying. My idea is if there are ads in VODS at all, there should only be 1-2 after every hour, not minute.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Why are we FORCED to play ads??? Small streamer like myself only get stunted by them and forcing people to sub to not see them is just BULLKAKA. Why noy give the affiliates and Partners the right to turn them off? After all the only one losing on not showing ads ate the stream. But when you think about it the viewer will win by not being forced to watch! Not to mention that Advertisers will get better placement of there ads and twitch might make a few coins more! Either way FORCED ADS have forced me to not care…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I still don't understand if the mods
    see the ads. I think it's right that mods see ads, maybe not all at the same time, but I'd say that the most loyal people want to make mods from a channel, thus losing a large part of the revenue for ads. The streamer for the time of the advertisement can moderate itself, and in any case the chat remains visible even in the advertisement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ads that arent loud, i have one pepsi ad (finnish one with anna abreu) where the ad starts with a loud bang/crackling sound

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm watching multi-hour long (pinball) replays and the same ads appear over and over again. So over the course of the few days that I've been watching I've seen the Audible ad maybe 30-40 times.

When you see the same ad that often, it can create negative sentiment towards that brand. You should switch them up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I watch stream replays of games to learn so I pause and go back often. After an ad has played, I sometimes rewind a bit, but then get the ad again. If I watch an ad and then pause, and the resume a few moments later, I'll get the ad again.

I am happy to watch your ads, but I think you should show them based on time since you last showed me one. I sometimes have to watch more ad time than stream time. I think this must be a bug. And its very annoying.

I am starting to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. best of the best keep things easy an simple for others to used

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello all, my channel jugger_best, January 31, 2022 I received a ban channel, I initially did not understand why, but after a long study of the problem I came to the right conclusion. I had been tipped by bots to view ads, and Twitch thus thought that it was me who wanted to make money in such a strange way. My online at all did not correspond to earnings on Twitch, only a strange person can come up with such a way to earn money, especially everyone knows the rules of Twitch and will not do such things if they…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. My viewers let me know that my stream was being interrupted by empty ads. It was 4-6 back to back15 sec video bumper that said "the streamer is taking an ad break."
    Seems to me that Twitch did not have an ad for me to play at that moment and played that bumper instead, but it would have been infinitely better to not have had the ad break at all if there is no ad to play to begin with. It interrupts the stream and it's annoying to my viewers. Please, fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This isn't really an idea, more so my personal opinion on how the site is working, maybe it will be taken into consideration when making future decisions. There isn't a single stream on this, or any site, and there never will be, that I consider worth sitting through minutes worth of ads. If I'm watching a stream and I see more than two 15-second ads, I immediately leave. Every time. If I have ever accidentally sat through them, then I wasn't actually watching the stream, and just had it running in the background. I don't really know how you could…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It's all becoming too much with the ads. Your company (who is fueled by its content creators) is ruining the twitch experience in it's entirety. Creators are forced to run ads far too often on their streams. You as a company are ruining this platform. My suggestion, only place ads when entering a stream, (and not 6 30 second ads) have 1-3 30 second ads and then THAT'S IT! Unless the creator wants to run more there shouldn't be more. Get it under control while you still can, before you lose majority of the audience. DON'T BE YOUTUBE! Thanks for…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stop placing ad bans on people for having a real community, and actually target communities with bots. Constantly people I know and now myself included keep getting targeted by twitch for fake engagement all for it to be not true and for the community to actually be real. The only thing that leads them to believe this is because of ad revenue discrepensies, which is ridiculous for streamers testing certain ad break lengths. Get your metrics better and stop targeting small streamers. Its a lawsuit waiting to happen. I feel discriminated against smh. Twitch do better to protect your streamers…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Twitch will never be profitable with broadcast-blocking advertisements. You block the LIVE VIDEO MID BROADCAST!

What you accomplish with this is frustrating the users or deterring them from testing the service or new streamers.

You then ask for subs or turbo to stop the interuptions or encourage people to use third-party software to just be able to enjoy the main use of your service without missing LIVE VIDEO DURING THE LIVE BROADCAST defeating the entire purpose of the service/Twitch, the ads or the potential revenue.

This is further exasperated by increasing the number of mid-roll ads based on chat activity…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. DO NOT MAKE PEOPLE WATCH ADS ON STREAMS! THAT HAVE ALREADY FINISHED!!! I don't appreciate still getting ads on past broadcasts!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ads keep interrupting stream and making stream unwatchable. I have been reporting this issue via the cog but this issue is not being addressed!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I suggest Mods should be exempted from ads to but to keep people from abusing the system, we limit the accounts that can be modded in a channel. Streamer get 1 mod at the very start and for the first 5000 followers you can add 1 mod per 1000 followers so a total 6 at 5000 followers and after 5000 followers you get 1 mod every 500 followers. So it keeps pace with viewership and going past that when u get high enough the viewership you add a mod every 100 follows

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?