Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

50 results found

1. Picture-In-Picture was a good idea to roll ads non invasively. It initially dawned on my but I was unsure how to provide that feedback.

The UX on mobile is still rather rough when it comes to pre-roll ads, especially when people are co-streaming and you want to quickly swap between two channels.

I propose that on mobile, rather than play a video for an advertisement, a silent banner is placed under the video player, which could be used to embed dynamic content, for maybe ~5 seconds and then it could be dismissed. Keeping in mind that users might not have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Would love to get more information on how automated mid-rolls will work -- and specifically instruction for streamers on how to avoid them, if possible.

In short, the idea your stream would be interrupted without your control is a scary concept. Either it's going to be better for streamers to control the mid-roll experience themselves, or the experience is something more experimental that isn't clear (vs. simply interrupting a stream).

In the Twitch Support initial Tweet it says "these [mid-roll ads] won't run if the viewer has an ad break." Can you clarify? FAQ seems to be missing how to…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Play Twitch Advertisements on Broadcast TV to advertise to different channels and groups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please stop running "pre-roll" ads right when a live stream starts. Every time I get queued up for a live stream about to start, as soon as it starts, I miss the first 30 seconds of the stream and have no idea what they talked about. This is especially annoying on dev streams and the like. KNOCK IT OFF, TWITCH! Even Prime users get screwed this way.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Partners & Affiliate channels to create their own 60 and 30 second respectively custom channel pre-roll ad that will inform new visitors of what the channel is about and what to expect.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. After having read your new feature that allows streamers to disable Pre-Rolls by playing enough ads (30 seconds = 10 minutes), I think you've missed the mark slightly.

I DO think it's a good idea to disable the pre-roll for people discovering new content. As such, I believe a better implementation of the no preroll idea is the following:

• No pre-roll for users the FIRST time they join your stream BUT a forced 30 second 10 minutes into the stream if they stay.

This solves two problems. First, it solves the problem of discouraging people from discovering new content. You…

1,107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. its *****, i just hosted another member, i got a commercial, im subscribed the that channel i hosted, and missed the **** thank you or if anything was even said to me... i have also left so many other streams because i aint wating for that *.... it also kills all curiousity of the thumbnail... its a complete joke of a revenue scam and im muting the **** thing anyhow... i think im done here... i literally dont even enjoy it here anymore.. ty, gnite, g'riddins

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently every time I participate in a raid an ad plays immediately after the new stream starts, and it never ends in time to see the raided channel's reaction. This has caused me to just leave a raid in most cases since I can see everyone having fun in chat, but I'm stuck in an ad for the next 15-20 seconds.

It would be nice to have a bit of a delay on the initial ad so that the whole raiding party can participate.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Thanks for convert my opportunity to chill in the evening to a freakin annoying experience. I started to avoid buying things on amazon and i rather delete my account then getting prime. Thanks for your effort.

1,107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I don't mind watching commercials to support channels, but I bet you a vast majority of people use Adblock because they dont want to deal with a 40 second commercial just to find out the person isn't playing the game their channel said it was, or that their voice is annoyingly loud, or that they are terrible at the game. I use adblock on my computers and would take it off in a heartbeat if this was fixed...

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?