Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

50 results found

1. The size of a channel matters when you are looking to make ad revenue. Larger audiences are likely to have a larger number of potential ad viewers. Obviously, the sub/non-sub viewer ratio is important, but larger channels are likely to have a higher potential for ad revenue than smaller channels.

Scaling the time needed to disable pre-roll ads will encourage smaller channels to run ads. When pre-roll ads are disabled, there is a higher chance a new viewer will enter the channel potentially helping to grow that channel.

To "tag" along with the idea, add a tag under a preview…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'm getting sick of the McDonalds pre roll ad. I actually went and searched for what they were advertising. The classic big mac pack is no longer being offered in my location and others in Texas. In essence could we report ads for promotions or products no longer offered.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I was scrolling through my "Followning" feed, and was focusing on a streamer to whom I had never actively tuned into before. I was following this streamer most likely because a streamer I enjoy and subscribe to raided and suggested I follow. Which I generally do, because that's how we build community.

When I attempted to tune in to this suggested streamer, I was greeted by pre-rolls. And a LIST of how many more pre-rolls to come. "Oh heck that!" Said me, "I'll go tune into someone I'm already subscribed to!"

Examine that carefully, Twitch folks. A double loss for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Upon accepting affiliate status, a lot of affiliates take a big hit in viewership since a lot of viewers are turned away by pre-roll ads. However, current viewers are taken out of the experience if an affiliate has to take a 3 minute ad break every 30 minutes to disable pre-roll ads. It would be much more useful for smaller streamers if they could take a 5 minute ad break every hour so the viewers could take longer breaks and for the streamer to not feel interrupted whenever 30 minutes pass.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would really appreciate it if you could make ads not straight after someone clicks on my stream but after 5 minutes of watch time or so and when people view vods. I find that tons of new people click off my video straight away because of the ad and it's so hard to grow my community

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Instead of having disruptive and user experience unfriendly pre-roll and midroll ads automatically play for streamers, with their only alternative being still disrupting their own content by playing ads manually to turn off preroll ads for a period of time, allow streamers and content creators to fill in an amazon blacksmith list of recommended purchases for the viewers. Viewers are a lot more likely to take the list seriously vs a 10-15 second ad by a big corporation, and is more valuable to all parties involved. Twitch/amazon could even suggest items for the viewer to possibly add to the list…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. You have 7sec or less (30sec ads = lost viewer) to serve the viewer their content or they will bounce, do like YouTube's 5secs. Ads must be relevant to the streamer. Ads can not violate COPPA.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pre-roll ads don’t belong on live content to begin with, but they should never be as long as typical commercials/ads. Imagine clicking on a stream that you’re excited about watching in that very moment (because you saw something interesting in the thumbnail or someone tweeted about something happening on that stream) and then after the website loaded and the video player loaded, waiting another 30+ seconds for the live stream to load. That’s the current experience with pre-roll ads. It breaks the in the moment or “you had to be there” experience of live content.
    A 5 second pre-roll ad…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Maybe we could watch 2 minutes of ads to give us an hour ad free.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pre-rolls on twitch are not working right now because they are ignorant and focus on maximizing profits instead of the viewer experience. The dodge rates are incredibly high.

Change the system, let the creators hook the viewers into their content first before you throw an ad on their screen. there are two ideas on how to do it:

Let the creators modify the first picture of the thumbnail preview. this will drastically change the look of the main page, but it gives creators an additional window to communicate with potential viewers. You can send a message to showcase your content,…

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Any way that ads won't cover the entire screen won't keep viewers away from the action, which would make them much more bearable. The current state is NOT like ads running on TV, more like if we had to watch ads during a sports match and ended up missing part of the game because of it! It's obviously extremely disruptive and long term damaging.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. They killed the experience of finding new streams because as soon as I find a stream I'm instantly hit with 30second to 2mins of ads, only to be hit by them every few minutes, how am i supposed to enjoy a stream when I miss out on so much?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Never in my life have I bought something because of an Ad on the internet and that will never change. On top of that the pre-roll Ads are preventing me from viewing new streams. I'm never going to click a new streamer and be like "okay cool i'll wait this 30 seconds to see if I even like the streamer", if you're going to force pre-roll ads then put it in a window in the corner and adjust the volume so I can hear both the Ad and stream. Or better yet don't try to force them on people!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. They are egregious and pushing people away from exploring new channels.
    Midrolls ruin the experience and are extremely anti-consumer

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If I'm switching between channels looking for a good stream, I have to sit through a minute-long ad each time. More often than not, this leads me to stop watching Twitch as I don't have the patience to sit through so many ads.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I do not like pre roll ads. It is annoying to me as a viewer and a streamer. If you insist on having ads, allow an opt in setting. While opting out disables ads permanently.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Give us the option to completely disable ads by "paying" you for the loss through taking a bit more of the revenue.

In my channel analysis ad income is less than 2% of the overall income, but (especially) pre rolls extremely reduced channel growth - which obviously would have raised my channel income much more than thos 2% for ads.

The numbers may vary from channel to channel, which is the reason to make it optional:
    - No money loss for Twitch.
    - Every streamer can decide for themselves, which is the best option.

Thanks for reading and have a…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If I sit through a preroll, I don't want to watch the stream for 15 seconds and then also sit through a midroll or an ad from the streamer. Shared Cooldown at the very least please

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Wenn man jedem streamer nen sub gibt den man schaut ist man am Ende pleite, es verdient nicht jeder so viel. Und wenn ich alle 30min. Werbung an schauen muss verpasst man mind. Die Hälfte und die wichtigsten schlüsselszenen vom Stream. Da kann ich gleich zum normalen tv umschalten. Es werden sicher einige dadurch abspringen weil die keine **** auf Werbung haben. Wenn man nem stream joint ist es ok mal Werbung einzublenden, aber während dessen bitte nicht

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?