Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

465 results found

1. Bit badges are kept forever in the channel they are earned, but gift sub badges will get removed once the last gift sub has expired. I don't understand the incentive to earn gift sub badges that we aren't allowed to keep, especially with higher amount gift sub badges becoming available.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I sometimes see non-chatters or lurkers getting gifted subs. It would be neat if instead of gifted subs being random, they can be given out to normal or dedicated chatter, then go on to lurkers and random viewers. It makes more sense if gifted subs go to people who are more likely to watch the stream, use your emotes, etc. Thank you.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Another update that makes Small Streamers lives a lot harder and makes it much better for bigger streamers. I get it that it is unfair for some countries to pay more for subs.

Isn't it unfair that small streamers earn less though?

Twitch says they are 'trying' to make the streamers earn more money with more subs but small streamers rarely get subs and I don't think its because of the price. It is because they don't have enough viewers or some just don't want to waste their money on subbing. I earn 0.33$ per Twitch Prime and $0.96 for…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. $7.99 is still too expensive for this market and im sure the stats will back it up. $4.99 is the only appropriate pricing for this market.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If someone is giving out auto gift subs, assign it to supporters who deserve it the most. Base it on number of hours watched, past subscribers, bit givers, etc.

The business idea for gift subs is for the recipient to possibly renew. Please don't reward them to viewers who are not engaged.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As it stands, it's fairly easy to manipulate the Twitch local sub pricing, in certain countries. It's not difficult to get a foreign debit/prepaid cash card and in some countries/currencies like India/INR and Turkey/Lira it allows viewers to gift much larger amounts of subscriptions at a significantly lower cost to themselves which heavily financially impacts the streamer.

For example using a VPN and foreign payment method, someone could spend 11000 Rupees on 100 gifted subs, the equivalent of £108 or $132. To pay this in a standard currency would cost £399 or $499. The numbers are very similar in a…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make Twitch Turbo affordable to lower income countries.
    I'd love to pay, but at this moment, the price is way to high for me.
    Can't we handle similar to Amazon Prime the price of Twitch Turbo?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi. I would like to be able to gift subs only to the current viewers.
    I don't want to gift subs to all the followers (to community) because I don't want to gift subs to users that are not active for years.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a Prime Subscription, or the same thing with a different name, to the Twitch Turbo subscription. That would make paying for Trubo a much more desirable path towards an ad-free viewing experience than it currently is.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would like the idea to host PPV events on stream.

This is a spin off of subscriber only streams, but let the user set the price of the PPV stream, whether its a special anniversary stream or a live event.

Pros: adds another line of revenue for streamers
    Adds a different experience for creators and chat
    Easily scalable
    Scenarios: sub anniversary stream, concert, album launch, travel stream, birthday stream, digital event, podcast/video podcast, special guests appearance,

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. idk if possible but if next year Bonus Round could start at the broadcaster's local time instead of globally that would be cool

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bonus Round  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If Twitch has troubles to be profitable, why not make a subscription to let Streamers make content in high quality (like 1080p 60fps 6000kbps~8000kbps or more) or Viewers watch high quality streams ?

And the free limit would stays around like 720p 60fps or 1080 30fps with 4000~5000kbps, for example.

On mobile in particular, I think its worth due to the screen size, the diff will not be that annoying, and in bonus it will be less energivorous.

In hope to see less "features" that beg money depending on the generosity of people, more revenues for streamers or even less…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please Twitch, explain why Turbo will cost $11.99 in USD and £11.99 in GBP. I live in the UK and so, according to current market rates, that means I'll pay 23% more for Turbo than someone in the US. That can't be right. Did you math wrong or something?

If I consider the old price of Turbo as well, then overall, this is a 64% price increase without any improvements being offered once the new rate takes effect. Could I perhaps get 100 days of VOD storage to go with that price hike, hmm?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Anonymous gifts subs have been used to troll creators often through sexual harassment by gifting subs to inappropriate names.

Creators should have the ability to opt-out of the ability for people to gift subs anonymously if Twitch isn't able to identify the accounts with inappropriate names during the account creation process.

Twitch has a responsibility to protect not only viewers but creators.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. After talking to Twitch Support and other Twitch viewers, it turns out I'm part of an experiment that hides the option to gift a custom amount of subs on the initial screen (you have to proceed to checkout to specify a custom amount). It also doesn't show how many subs you've gifted in the channel on the initial screen (you have to click 'Gift a specific viewer' first).
    The fact that an experienced user had to contact support because they thought you outright disabled the option to gift a custom amount should be proof the result of this change isn't…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I did NOT get the choice if I WANTED to stop streaming, I HAD to stop streaming. My computer was dying and thanks to crypto and scalpers it took six months to get a graphics card for a new build. Gee, I wonder why my subscribers didn't renew? Amazon I'm so sorry I wasn't making YOU money, I couldn't even take commissions to keep up on income at all because my hardware failure and the tech market was out of my control. I highly doubt I'm the only streamer who had to pull for the last yearish because of lack…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I know we get 1 Twitch Prime sub with out Amazon Prime. Could we consider doing an incremental Twitch Prime sub for each year we renew our Amazon Prime we add another prime sub to our accounts to show that love to creators. So if I have 1 sub and I renew my Amazon Prime, I gain another Twitch Prime Sub to use.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It's hard for viewers to see how many subscribers a channel currently has. In my opinion, this number should be visible to everyone as well as the number of followers and current viewers. Some of the streamers display numbers (but for the most part they don't). Sometimes new subscribers are counted per stream, sometimes the current month is mentioned and a number and a target value, but it is not clear whether these are absolute values.

In one channel, for example, a different (higher) value was mentioned in the chat than the one displayed in the video window. All in…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I received an email warning me of a subscription renewal AFTER it had occured.

so: 25/8 recieved an email that my subscrition would be renewed on the 24/8.

edit: this obviously makes no sense and it should be changed to occur in advance.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 6 votes

We're glad you're here