Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

458 results found

1. a lot of people have reach the higher sub gifting badge and it would be nice to get 5k, 10k etc... badge

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Sometimes people receive gifted subs in channels they hardly ever watch (or have never watched!) If there was a "transfer gifted sub" option, it would be nice for those cases where the person knows someone else who does watch that channel and would appreciate the gifted sub more (as in, more likely to renew the sub).

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A way of hiding or removing expired subscriptions. For example when you get a giftsub to a person you dislike and forgot to set the setting to "Block Receiving Gifts on Channels You don't Follow" or for when you supported someone and now you disagree with their views etc.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Like what happened with cheering recently, I think it would be a really great idea if streamers were able to make custom badges for gifted subs (especially because the highest gift sub badge isn't high enough; see my comment to https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310231-subscriptions/suggestions/38573176-add-higher-sub-gifting-badges). Additionally, streamers should give custom emotes if users have given a certain amount of subs.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would love to see SubGifter rewards, Bit Droppers get emotes yet people who gift subs don't get any perks.!
    even if its a couple of emote slots this would be huge.
    this would be another incentive for people to gift a sub or 2.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dont Gift Subs to Non Followers it's disappointing when someone who has no intention of watching your stream is gifted a sub, maybe they came by for a minute or two and weren't interested, maybe you beat them in a game and they came by and said something rude then left, maybe they pulled it up on an alt account on their phone before switching to their main account to follow you. Either way it is a waste to gift subs to accounts that have no intention of watching your stream and is an insult to the gifter who's obviously…

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'm a Twitch Streamer of 7+ years with 3500+ subscribers from Türkiye. I can't make a living anymore. Local sub pricing after all the cuts and taxes is just lunch money, and it is getting harder and harder month after month to have a viable income off of Twitch. The problem is not the Twitch cut, it's simply the price of the subscriptions. 1USD is 28.90TRY right now and Tier1 Subscriptions are 9.90TRY, even if streamers got the full amount paid by viewers on subs, it's nothing. This forces everyone to employ other means of income, making streams and the…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. While I understand it’s a nice thought and supports the streamer, I usually lurk in the channels I follow. I suffer anxiety and I’m painfully introverted and I don’t want to feel obligated or pressured into a subscription or into having to interact with people. I know people want to support their favorite streamers but please have an option for us anxious people to block gifted subs for followed channels (as well as the already existing option for unfollowed channels)

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hey all!

We’re excited to share that some users will see a new option to seamlessly upgrade your subscription. What this means is that for those chosen they are now able to more easily upgrade their subscription to a different tier or make their subscription a multi month subscription. At this time we are not looking to add anyone to the experiment, but will have more updates on this in the future.

We look forward to hearing your feedback on this!

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For instance, if someone were to gift a Tier 2 sub to a Tier 1 subscriber, the recipient would become a Tier 2 subscriber until the gift ran out, at which point they would return to being Tier 1.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be amazing to have a year-end spreadsheet with how many channels we subscribed to and for how many months per channel, as this would be helpful for submitting that information for tax reporting purposes. I realize this is mostly for people who also do some level of gaming for a living, but it's difficult to keep track, especially if you aren't able to afford to sub every month repeatedly. Thanks for the consideration!

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be absolutely awesome if you could see the amount of subs gifted by just mousing over the sub gifting badge (if shown). Just like you can see emote prefix + channel owner by mousing over it and how you can see 3, 6, 12-month sub badges. It would be nice to be able to see the amount of gifted subs for individuals in your stats panel too.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We need info on the price brackets of our subs! I have no idea what my viewers are paying for my content... As we have 1,2,3 tier subs information described, it only makes sense we know how many subs are paying 1,2,3,4... dollars as well. As an international streamer i have no idea what people are paying for my content and this is affecting my income and my mental health significantly. I have streams that i think went well just to go to my dashboard and be confused by the income stats. What influenced that result? Was it me? My…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If I sub to a user with a 6 month 4.99 sub and then during my third month decide that I want to upgrade my sub to 9.99 I think Twitch should charge me the difference of time remaining and then once my sub renews at the end of the initial 6 months, it would charge me for my plan at the new price.

In the case above, I have 3 months left unused in my sub. So for today, to upgrade my sub, I pay $15 to be brought up to the 9.99 tier for the next three months.…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  DJFLuFFKiNS responded

We are working on some more robust multi-month tech and robust upgrade/downgrade tech. So when we get both done we’ll definitely incorporate this functionality.

15. When a person gets banned from the channel it should also revoke the persons permission to do a gifting to that specific channel. Or some other way to block a person from gifting subs to the channel, this is mainly to block out either people we might expect for doing frauds OR by someone whom been banned for a reason and should not be able to get attention through gifting subs.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We are aware that the “Email My Subs” feature allows creators to send content that violates our TOS. To provide the community the tools to help keep them safe, we are temporarily disabling the service while we upgrade it with the safety and moderation features we expect in all creator and viewer touchpoints.

We would like to take this opportunity to hear your ideas around making this feature either safer or more effective! Leave your comments below.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have subscriptions that renew all over the month, I would like to bundle them and have them all renew on the same day each month. Currently the only way to do it is canceling auto sub and manually subscribing on the desired date. however, this can be a hassle if you have a lot of subscriptions.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'm sure a lot of us have experienced a gift sub from an anonymous gifter to a not so great account name. We currently have NO way to moderate this, which incentivizes repeat offenses.

I suggest implementing:

1) Being able to purge or delete the "Anonymous Gifted a sub to X" message in chat.

2) Toggle gift sub recipients names showing in chat (could be great for more lurker friendly communities too).

3) MODERATION OPTIONS, PLEASE! Let us not just purge but REPORT the anonymous gifter (bonus points for reporting the giftee account name easily too)

I know PirateSoftware already…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a category where streamers can give a small group of people (...maybe the amount is related on how big is the channel?) full sub benefits without actually subbing, like emotes and not seeing ads (or seeing less ads). This will benefit creators who receive support from other ways, like if someone already supports a streamer on a high patreon tier, they can get the streamer's twitch emotes without needing to sub !

Will also greatly support smaller streams since emotes are a way to advertise a channel and will allow friends (and by friends i mean mods and artists…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It is exceptionally helpful to know if people are unsubscribing due to factors outside of our control (such as a viewer's finances or schedule changing) or within our control, such as a streamer schedule change or experimentation with new content. This would help alleviate the stress of wondering if unsubscriptions are something we can affect as streamers or if it is primarily beyond our control, which would greatly decrease some of the mental burden and worry of never knowing for sure why people unsubscribe. This data, collected via an anonymous dropdown menu, would be incredibly helpful so streamers can best…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?