Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sometimes people receive gifted subs in channels they hardly ever watch (or have never watched!) If there was a "transfer gifted sub" option, it would be nice for those cases where the person knows someone else who does watch that channel and would appreciate the gifted sub more (as in, more likely to renew the sub).

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There should be an option to use the twitch prime token for 10$ or 25$ subscriptions to lower their price by 5$.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. a lot of people have reach the higher sub gifting badge and it would be nice to get 5k, 10k etc... badge

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. . i need a way to be able to turn off being able to receive gift subs because i have really high anxiety about it and it makes me feel pressured into continue being a sub to the channel and i feel bad to go back and talk in the chat

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When a person gets banned from the channel it should also revoke the persons permission to do a gifting to that specific channel. Or some other way to block a person from gifting subs to the channel, this is mainly to block out either people we might expect for doing frauds OR by someone whom been banned for a reason and should not be able to get attention through gifting subs.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add an OPTION for users to opt-out of the automatic renewals system for subscriptions. Many users occasionally sub for just one month to a streamer, perhaps because they've enjoyed a stream or two. It takes several clicks and page loads to turn off that auto-renewal, and many users can forget.

It is ethically far better to allow this feature to be switched off. Some users might then forget to resubscribe, but that is economically better than forgetting to unsubscribe and potentially losing money. Twitch, it is OUR money we're spending on this website. Basic ethics means allowing us to…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A way of hiding or removing expired subscriptions. For example when you get a giftsub to a person you dislike and forgot to set the setting to "Block Receiving Gifts on Channels You don't Follow" or for when you supported someone and now you disagree with their views etc.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would love to see SubGifter rewards, Bit Droppers get emotes yet people who gift subs don't get any perks.!
    even if its a couple of emote slots this would be huge.
    this would be another incentive for people to gift a sub or 2.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. This is something similar to what has already been requested via this link a few years ago (Amazon Smile Charity Integration for bits/subs and broadcasts): https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310231-subscriptions/suggestions/19052218-amazon-smile-charity-integration-for-bits-subs-and

What I am suggesting is having an option for streamers to decide if they would like their payouts to either be sent to them directly, or if they would like 100% of their payouts be sent to a charity of their choosing. If ever implemented this can be selected by new Affiliates that are going through the application process by selecting where they would like to see their payouts go to, if they select…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Right now you are charged for your subscriptions based on the date you subscribed, so you subbed on the 20th, you get charged on the 20th. I would be great if you could change that date in your settings. This would also included subs like Turbo. Say, charge subs on the 1st of each month or whichever date works best for me.

As someone who prefers to get all expenses out of the way early in the month, this would be a wonderful option to have.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sub-light
    A $1 sub that would allow ad free viewing on a channel but wouldn't give access to emotes or sub only chat
    Five light subs would equal one sub point

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. We should have a day where we pass around the $.So even the little guy gets a few donations. Not saying to give away $100. but if someone gives you $20 . Go find other streamer you know if good that hasn't made it there yet and let them know to pass it on .

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  DJFLuFFKiNS responded

I like the theme of pay it forward, any thoughts on how this might work?

13. For instance, if someone were to gift a Tier 2 sub to a Tier 1 subscriber, the recipient would become a Tier 2 subscriber until the gift ran out, at which point they would return to being Tier 1.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Like what happened with cheering recently, I think it would be a really great idea if streamers were able to make custom badges for gifted subs (especially because the highest gift sub badge isn't high enough; see my comment to https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310231-subscriptions/suggestions/38573176-add-higher-sub-gifting-badges). Additionally, streamers should give custom emotes if users have given a certain amount of subs.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We need to have an option to Require Acceptance of Gift Subs by the recipient for channels which they are not following.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/2457351

Twitch resubs have the ability to announce their sub anniversaries with custom messages, however those who are on multiple month streaks that have been gifted subscriptions don't have the ability to do this. It'd be nice to be able to do this.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The fees for converting to USD can be very high for some credit/debit cards. As the fee is done per transaction it can get very expensive if you doing multiple transactions. Sometimes the charge at the bank is more than what the acutal value of the product is.

Some people may not be aware of this as the charge is generaly done at the bank and not shown in the total on the site.

For example one bank in the UK is charging 2% with a minimum of 1.75 GBP to maximum 5.00 GBP per transaction.

If you buy 100…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Local Sub Pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Often I like to lurk quietly during streams. But it happens sometimes that I get a gifted sub, and have to show myself in the chat. So! As I know there's opportunity to turn gifted subs on channels you don't follow, so, it would be nice if you had a chance to deny gifted subs on SOME channels [you follow], not all of them. For example to add button over "report" - "deny gifted subs", or to add it to the privacy settings as denied subs list.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello Twitch Team,

I use bits very much and also like gifted subs. Unfortunately I have the "problem" with the subs that you can only buy and spend them directly.

Therefore, it would be great if you can buy and store gifted subs, similar to bits, to allocate them specifically.

This would have the advantage for users that you can buy a large package and not always have individual bills.
    For Twitch it has the advantage that you already have the money and it must be given later to the streamer.
    In addition, the User would certainly tend to spend…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. This is a 2 part feature request.

First: In the same way that bits lets you select any bit badge, gift badges should stay consistent with this idea. I would like to be able to select any badge I've earned even lower values.

Second: We need more gift sub badges than the current 1000 cap. I know plenty of people in streams I frequent that already passed this including myself. In the same way that bit badges keep going, the gift badges could be designed to be inverted at the next levels to be distinct. I'm actually at the 1.25…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?