Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

78 results found

1. Do NOT display this to creators. This will lead to resentment from creators towards viewers and it’s really nobody’s business why someone chose not to opt for recurring subs

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hey all!

We’re excited to share that some users will see a new option to seamlessly upgrade your subscription. What this means is that for those chosen they are now able to more easily upgrade their subscription to a different tier or make their subscription a multi month subscription. At this time we are not looking to add anyone to the experiment, but will have more updates on this in the future.

We look forward to hearing your feedback on this!

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We are aware that the “Email My Subs” feature allows creators to send content that violates our TOS. To provide the community the tools to help keep them safe, we are temporarily disabling the service while we upgrade it with the safety and moderation features we expect in all creator and viewer touchpoints.

We would like to take this opportunity to hear your ideas around making this feature either safer or more effective! Leave your comments below.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It is exceptionally helpful to know if people are unsubscribing due to factors outside of our control (such as a viewer's finances or schedule changing) or within our control, such as a streamer schedule change or experimentation with new content. This would help alleviate the stress of wondering if unsubscriptions are something we can affect as streamers or if it is primarily beyond our control, which would greatly decrease some of the mental burden and worry of never knowing for sure why people unsubscribe. This data, collected via an anonymous dropdown menu, would be incredibly helpful so streamers can best…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Right now affiliates get 10 founders and partners get 25. The number of founders should scale similarly to how emote slots grow as your stream grows.

25 max founders on big streamers seems small amount and most of the time those 25 aren't even subbed anymore.

My suggestion for the amount of founders

50 1000
    75 5000
    100 10k
    150 15k
    200 20k

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Some channels use bans as a joke, even if they remove them shortly after. However, this permanently blocks the user from receiving random gift subscriptions, even when they are unbanned. If a user isn't banned at that time, should they really be blocked forever from receiving gifts?

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Let streamers decide for themselves if they want that information. No, really. Let a streamer disable that feature for their content. Some streamers may want to know. Others do not. People have their reasons some of them may be personal. IMO, this only serves those who want the information. For those who don't, this could do more harm than good.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Turbo Streamer Features

Twitch Turbo doesn't have much use for those with Twitch Prime to subscribe too. Essentially all features (except ad-free) are available with Twitch Prime. People that have Prime have no real use to subscribe to Turbo as well. There are a few possible feature ideas that could make the $9/mo Turbo subscription price worth subscribing too. Here are just a few ideas. Not all have to be implemented, but a couple of them would be greatly appreciated.

• Transcode Options
      For streamers who subscribe to Twitch Turbo, one benefit that many people would be very appreciative of would…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I get why these new changes have been made, in separation of Amazon Prime, and Twitch Turbo, but I think that the $8.99/month is a little high.. I don't think there are enough benefits to make it viable...the only reason I would want it, is for the site wide ad-free viewing. Which I think you guys could and probably would get more Twitch Turbo subscribers if the price was $4.99, just like a channel subscription. I personally would have instantly purchased a Twitch Turbo subscription if that were the price, but I (and probably most people) don't want to pay…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Streamer Toggle - Show/Hide Cancellation Reasons

I'm not a large streamer, but hear me out. There's an argument that a streamer shouldn't see the reasons why others cancel subscriptions as it might cause resentment toward their community.. and I see and hear the validation toward mental health and awareness. I think the easiest solution here would be a toggle that would allow the anxiety to be skipped, and for a streamer who identifies that they might develop resentment towards their community to dodge the resentment. Have the toggle to 'hide' the reasons on by default on roll-out, and a streamer…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A twitch streamer that I was subscribed to for over 5 years passed away, and thus their account has been removed from the partner program and people are unable to continue their subscriptions even if they wanted to. I went to check my expired subscriptions to see if I was able to look back on that time, and found that I wasn't able to view my expired subscriptions for that streamer. I think we should still be able to see expired subscriptions even if you're not able to renew the subscription anymore. It's a shame to have that memorabilia gone.…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Every time someone goes out of their way and subscribes to my channel for $4.99 i only get around $2.10 or $2.37 when i'm supposed to making $2.50 every sub not less than the agreed 50%

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Guten Tag liebes Twitch-Team,
    mit den neuen Änderungen zur Veranschaulichung der Subscriber-Entscheidungen, würde ich gern eine Möglichkeit für StreamerInnen in Betracht ziehen, womit man genau diese Informationen optional ausblenden kann.

StreamerInnen haben mMn. genug Stress und Druck von vielen Faktoren und viele brauchen einige dieser Informationen eben nicht. Somit wäre eine optionale Einblendung/Ausblendung dieser Informationen nur schlüssig um Probleme und psychischen Druck vorzubeugen.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I bought a six month subscription to a channel, and three days later the streamer left Twitch for another platform.
    There should be a refund mechanism of some kind for situations like this - money back for the months remaining, store credit, transfer the sub to another channel - anything.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello i have an idea that I would like to be considered if you will think about it. During the current situation of covid-19 and with people losing their jobs and having low income at the moment. I had an idea that if someone couldnt keep up their monthly subscription why can they not buy one using twitch channel points that they have collected over watching the stream. Say like 1000 points to purchase a subscription? Or something like that. I know viwers can gift subs but people such as myself do not like to ask others because it comes…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I did NOT get the choice if I WANTED to stop streaming, I HAD to stop streaming. My computer was dying and thanks to crypto and scalpers it took six months to get a graphics card for a new build. Gee, I wonder why my subscribers didn't renew? Amazon I'm so sorry I wasn't making YOU money, I couldn't even take commissions to keep up on income at all because my hardware failure and the tech market was out of my control. I highly doubt I'm the only streamer who had to pull for the last yearish because of lack…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I know we get 1 Twitch Prime sub with out Amazon Prime. Could we consider doing an incremental Twitch Prime sub for each year we renew our Amazon Prime we add another prime sub to our accounts to show that love to creators. So if I have 1 sub and I renew my Amazon Prime, I gain another Twitch Prime Sub to use.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It's hard for viewers to see how many subscribers a channel currently has. In my opinion, this number should be visible to everyone as well as the number of followers and current viewers. Some of the streamers display numbers (but for the most part they don't). Sometimes new subscribers are counted per stream, sometimes the current month is mentioned and a number and a target value, but it is not clear whether these are absolute values.

In one channel, for example, a different (higher) value was mentioned in the chat than the one displayed in the video window. All in…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I get very tired of the Apple TV app telling me that my free preview has ended for channels I’ve paid to sub.
    Happens most times when we go into the app, then into the channel, after having watched the channel the previous night.
    If you exit the stream, open another one, and then go back, the error is gone.
    At least change the wording on the error... my goodness, I’ve subbed them for 11 months. It’s not my free anything, lol, at that point.
    It’d be really cool if it said, hey the session has expired please refresh, because…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please bring the option to subscribe with Prime back to the front panel when clicking the option to subscribe or re-subscribe. Moving it under the "Elevate your Subscription" option requires unnecessary extra clicks and can also cause confusion. Some may think the option is not available due to country restrictions or they may think they don't have a Prime sub to use.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?