Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

45 results found

1. I'm a Twitch Streamer of 7+ years with 3500+ subscribers from Türkiye. I can't make a living anymore. Local sub pricing after all the cuts and taxes is just lunch money, and it is getting harder and harder month after month to have a viable income off of Twitch. The problem is not the Twitch cut, it's simply the price of the subscriptions. 1USD is 28.90TRY right now and Tier1 Subscriptions are 9.90TRY, even if streamers got the full amount paid by viewers on subs, it's nothing. This forces everyone to employ other means of income, making streams and the…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As it stands, it's fairly easy to manipulate the Twitch local sub pricing, in certain countries. It's not difficult to get a foreign debit/prepaid cash card and in some countries/currencies like India/INR and Turkey/Lira it allows viewers to gift much larger amounts of subscriptions at a significantly lower cost to themselves which heavily financially impacts the streamer.

For example using a VPN and foreign payment method, someone could spend 11000 Rupees on 100 gifted subs, the equivalent of £108 or $132. To pay this in a standard currency would cost £399 or $499. The numbers are very similar in a…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello, I am contacting you to see the request for pesification of the subs in Argentina. Today in Argentina we have an inflation rate of 142.7% per year. So paying in dollars for the sub is very expensive. Adding to the fact that today the dollar is 800 pesos + 65% of country taxes, this value leads to the sub to be a luxury good, not a service. Then I would ask if the sub can have value in Argentine pesos and not in dollars. To avoid that the ecosystem is ruined, people do not subscribe and we can continue…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The ability to get a % discount by subbing for longer has vanished. Subbing is expensive, and i have stopped since this vanished. Please bring it back

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make the value of subscriptions the same worldwide so streamers can monitor their revenue better and avoid people using VPNs, for example cambodia paying 1.99, the streamer will only get 0.99 per sub.

This is especially unfair when those subs add time to a subathon timer and one person pays 4.99 and someone else pays 1.99, and the streamer wont know until AFTER.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dear Twitch Team,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Caner, and I am a Twitch Partner Streamer based in Turkey. I am writing to bring to your attention an issue that has been affecting not only me but also other streamers in our region.

Recently, Twitch made a commendable move by updating and increasing the regional subscription prices in Turkey. This change was a positive step towards ensuring a fair amount for streamers. However, there seems to be an oversight regarding the Prime Gaming subscription payout model rate for each country.

Despite the increase in subscription…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have noticed some local sub pricing seem a bit unfair.
    A great example is SAR and TRY
    A sub in SAR --> 8.99 (2.26 EUR) / (2.40 USD) which is okay in my opinion
    A sub in TRY --> 9.90 (0.33 EUR) / (0.35 USD) which seems super low

50 Subs in TRY would give a streamer ~Eur8.80

I understand local pricing makes it more affordable for more people but i feel like people could take this out of hand.

It would also be great to have an ADVANCED estimate revenue to check what currency was used for certain…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm a Twitch affiliate as of the last year or so. I'm in the U.S. and I got my first few subs locally, resulting in a $2.36 payout for each one. Recently, a follower from Turkey has subscribed to me at tier 1 $4.99. He was also generous enough to gift 2 other subs to the channel. If added up it totals $14.97 in which case I would get $7.48 before exchange rates, taxes, and any other bank fees. After the stream, I went to the earnings page on my dashboard to find that I was only receiving FIVE CENTS…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently, Canadians pay $6.99 per sub, which on average is 50 to 70 cents more than our American counterparts. In addition as of July 1, 2021, Canadians are forced to pay up to 13% in taxes on top of this inflated sub price. Local sub pricing for Canadians would help mitigate the additional taxes on our sub purchases, as well as likely increase the number of creators we can sub to.

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New local price for CIS is around 1.99 USD. After the new recent local prices, the cis community did not like it, since prices are much lower in Ukraine and Turkey.

Please, can you review the statistics and standard of living again.
    The real figures of average income are (Taken from google, honest sources and friends)
    Kazakhstan = 273,60 USD
    Belorus = 342,00 USD
    Russia = 383,04 USD
    Azerbaijan = 136,80 USD
    Armenia = 164,16 USD
    Kyrgyzstan = 157,32 USD
    Moldova = 424,08 USD
    Tajikistan = 123,12 USD
    Uzbekistan = 150,48 USD
    Turkmenistan = 119,02 USD

Ukraine = 372.90 USD…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. $4.99 for a subscription and 50/50 payout is what content creators sign up for.

What they get in reality:

If based in Europe, pay 5 Euros ($6 per sub)
    If based in UK, pay £5 (a whopping $8 per sub!)

Do content creators receive 50% of these extra payments, no, they receive the appropriate % of $5

Is it fair for people based in Europe, UK, Canada, Aus, etc. to pay MORE for subs than the US and yet as a streamer receive significantly less than the 50% they are promised in the affiliate/partner agreeement? Of course not...

PLEASE FIX…

354 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We need info on the price brackets of our subs! I have no idea what my viewers are paying for my content... As we have 1,2,3 tier subs information described, it only makes sense we know how many subs are paying 1,2,3,4... dollars as well. As an international streamer i have no idea what people are paying for my content and this is affecting my income and my mental health significantly. I have streams that i think went well just to go to my dashboard and be confused by the income stats. What influenced that result? Was it me? My…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Since $100 is too high for some countries like Turkey (1860₺) I think payout tresholds should be less depending on the country. It's hard to fill in Turkey, I've been trying for THREE YEARS to get a payout.

Subs are 10 liras here and we get 2.50 liras per sub. When the math is done, the streamer should get around 744 subs to be able to payout the minimum amount.

You should have 62 people to sub every month for a year straight to payout.

It's not helpful at all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Netflix is 9.99, Hulu is 6.99, Amazon Prime is 14.99 (and you get so much with that).

Twitch is overpriced for 2 reasons right now -

You can support 3 channels on Twitch for 15 dollars as it is right now. Compared to having access to thousands of shows and movies on other platforms.

Those 3 channels you spend 15 dollars on won't have ads, but the other streams you may want to check out are littered with ads. These ads pop up that worst times. Usually when something exciting is happening.

They also pop up very frequently when you…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Now, this is right after regional prices for Europe came out. Most countries are now set to 3.99 EUR, despite countries in Eastern Europe (especially countries in the Balkans), having 3-6 times less income than nations in western Europe.

Just for a bit of comparison (data is from google)

Bulgaria - Average monthly wage = 595€
    Serbia - Average monthly wage = 562€
    Romania - Average monthly wage = 743€

France - Average monthly wage = 2,225€
    Belgium - Average monthly wage = 2,262€
    The Netherlands - Average monthly wage = 2,240€

I understand it may feel ****** to people…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Twitch in poland is growing really fast and have really big community. Today i wanned to buy subsciption and was disappointed. I could not pick any payment methods by any polish bank. Only option is to pay by credit card and american paymant methods???? Please add polish payment methods and change paymant currency to PLN(zloty).

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Türkiye için düzenlenen ve uygulanmaya başlanan yeni fiyatlandırma sisteminin özellikle orta-küçük yayıncılar için yayıncılığı sürdürülebilir bir iş haline getirmeyi imkansız hale getirdiğini düşünüyorum.
    Yeni abonelik ücretleriyle beraber abone sayılarında meydana gelen artış, vergiler, platform payı düşüldüğünde, yayıncıya ekstra bir gelir olarak yansımıyor ve bunun yanında önceden elde ettiğimiz geliri yakalamak da mümkün değil. Fiyatlarlı tekrar düzenlemeyi planlamıyor olsanız bile yayıncılara gelir elde edebilecekleri farklı alternatifler sunmanız (reklam, bounty, vs.) çok daha iyi olacaktır.

Kendi adıma, uzun vadede, mevcut şartlar altında mesai harcayıp yayınlarımı sürdürebileceğimi düşünmüyorum.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Comencé cobrando 2.50$ la suscripción de los seguidores y me parece genial que se reduzcan los precios de paga siempre que se ayude a los seguidores. Pero esta última suscripción me ha proporcionado exactamente 0.94$, es decir menos de 1$ y esto ya me parece demasiado, a este paso tendremos que pagar nosotros porque se suscriban cuando se supone que estamos generando unos ingresos a la plataforma aunque algunos lo hagan en mayor o menor medida y creo que debería haber un cambio porque me parece abusivo lo que cobramos los afiliados siendo los que además necesitamos más ese dinero.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have asked this inquiry in Twitch support but they are unable to help me.

I got sick with COVID and has not been able to stream for a month and even if I have already recovered, my body has never been the same so I do not stream as much hours as before...

I am unable to get my revenue adjusted just like before since I don't meet my old LIVE HOURS just to get Revenue Adjustment. I don't get the usual monthly payments from Twitch anymore... on worse months, I don't get paid at all since without the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Amazon/Twitch keeps a fixed percentage of total income.

Prime subs stays the same.
    So doesn't matter if the custom subscription costs 4$ or 100$, is like a fixed price, making the prime an even better option.

If the viewer wants to subscribe for 3,6 months or 1 year, he'll pay the current sub price multiplied by the ammount of months, allowing streamers to make sub promotions by their own.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?