Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

103 results found

1. You receive the same message when you do a gift sub for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months. It could say for how many months too.

E.g.: Gift Subscription - Tier 1 for xxxxxxx

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I think when you buy a gift sub, you should be given a link to spam in chat and people who click on it can receive the sub or it can auto spam the link every 2 seconds or something. I feel like it's a waste of money for the people who buy it and its gifted to people who don't even watch him anymore. It's better for it to be given to active members who is watching and reading chat.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sometimes people receive gifted subs in channels they hardly ever watch (or have never watched!) If there was a "transfer gifted sub" option, it would be nice for those cases where the person knows someone else who does watch that channel and would appreciate the gifted sub more (as in, more likely to renew the sub).

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For instance, if someone were to gift a Tier 2 sub to a Tier 1 subscriber, the recipient would become a Tier 2 subscriber until the gift ran out, at which point they would return to being Tier 1.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can we get a global badge based on the total number of gifted subs across all channels?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We need to have an option to Require Acceptance of Gift Subs by the recipient for channels which they are not following.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sometimes I'd like to bulk gift subs to a stream, but I'd prefer such subs go to followers among the viewers and/or current viewers to reward regulars and people currently engaged in the stream.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give gifter options to randomly gift viewers in chat first, viewers that have followed streamer longest, viewers that used to be subscribers and completely random.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. a lot of people have reach the higher sub gifting badge and it would be nice to get 5k, 10k etc... badge

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Right now you can gift a sub to one specific user. Or you can gift to the community, which will chose randomly who gets a sub.
    I think it would be great if we could collect a couple of users first and then give out 5 or 10 or more subs at once to selected users.
    This is much better for the community since this way sub-gifters can target active users instead of the random selection picking out rarely lurking followers.

332 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow people who have an available Twitch Prime Sub, to gift that sub to someone else, to a channel of the gifters choice.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It’d be nice if the gift sub engine was a little more... thoughtful? Channel/community-centric? Basically, when you gift sub bomb a channel with (x) subs, the subs I’d like to see the gifts be given in this order:

1. First, be given to the most active people in chat for that stream session.
    2. Next, subs are gifted to remaining viewers in the current live stream session.
    3. Last, if EVERYONE watching is already subbed, gifts are given to non-subbed followers of the channel based on their follow age.
    4. If at all possible (and I’m not sure it is), it’d be nice to…
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I like to lurk on Twitch, but I have an account so that I can follow streamers and know when they go live. The current problem is that I can only block receiving gift subscriptions on channels I don't follow. This means if I don't want to receive gift subscriptions I would have to unfollow all the streamers I am currently following, which would make having an account pointless. I do appreciate the subs I have been randomly gifted via community gift subs, but they won't bring me out of lurking, and they won't encourage me to spend my own…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Recently I've had huge amounts of gifted subs, however sometimes large packages of randomly gifted subs end up going to bots that don't require it e.g. Nightbot, or Lumiathingamabot, bots that I require for my stream. It would be useful to have a blacklist that prevented certain users from being gifted subscriptions, to give gifted subs to people that would actually care and be grateful for a gifted subscription.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Personally, I feel insulted when I receive a gifted sub as I also find receiving charity insulting when I can afford it myself.

The lack of a denial feature makes it seem Twitch doesn't allow people a legitimate chance to make a decision themselves.

Please add an option to decline subs from channels you follow, but would choose to manually sub, only.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to be notified when subscriptions that I gifted have expired. Bonus points for an option to gift a re-subscription in the same notification. Obviously this notification would have to be on/off depending on user preference (some gifters dont want to be reminded).
    God tier bonus would be a possibility to gift a subscription before it expires. It kind of connects with the "community gift", where chosen person is currently subscribed and his/her sub ends in X days.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be absolutely awesome if you could see the amount of subs gifted by just mousing over the sub gifting badge (if shown). Just like you can see emote prefix + channel owner by mousing over it and how you can see 3, 6, 12-month sub badges. It would be nice to be able to see the amount of gifted subs for individuals in your stats panel too.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have been in a lot of streams that had lovely people tossing out gifted subs with no end. Sadly, sometimes kinda random people get those subs since there is no good way of finding someone "deserving". Right now, you have to actively notice someone in chat yourself, or gift to random people. sadly, ive seen people start spamming, being rude or even being extremely racist after getting a sub.
    Thats why i would absolutely love a feature to find someone "deserving" of a sub. some ideas i had for that would be options to:

"Gift sub to longest follower" …

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Partners/Affiliates should have the ability to gift subs to their viewers for half price, but Twitch would get full revenue. It's kind of redundant for a streamer to pay full price for a viewers sub when Twitch is the only one making a profit from it.

Example: I want to gift a Tier 2 subscription to viewer X as a giveaway. Instead of paying the full $9.99, I only pay the half Twitch takes ($4.99) and I take no revenue from it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'd like the ability to put a message in a gift sub that gets posted for everyone to see with the notification of a gifted sub to a channel.

253 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  9 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?