Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

101 results found

1. Hey Twitch Support Team!

I hope you're well! I was wondering - I love to give, and I typically like to try and find folks that have been following a channel for a long time, and reward them with a few months of a gifted subscription. Are there any plans to have an option to gift subscriptions based on a viewer's follow age or their channel points? I personally think this would be a wonderful option, rewarding those long time followers! Thanks for all that you do!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please tell me the new gift sub badges redesign is a test and not permeant yet. They look horrible and sharp and see-through and don't fit the aesthetic of literally anything on the site.

I suggest reverting/keeping the original ones as they are perfectly fine, look WAY better, and fit in nicely. I'm not sure why redesigning these perfectly fine badges was even thought about when there a many other much bigger problems that could be fixed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi. I would like to be able to gift subs only to the current viewers.
    I don't want to gift subs to all the followers (to community) because I don't want to gift subs to users that are not active for years.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Subscription badges should stay there forever and not disappear since bits already do that. It’s bad for the people who donate 500+ then they go in chat and boom the badge is gone but the kid who donated 5 bits still has his. People like taking breaks from donating and they feel like this concept of having to donate more to keep the badge feels forced and scumy which is one of the many reasons people don’t bother gifting. This has been going on for years now but I’m sure you guys would like making your platform better so this…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Gift sub badge should be sub points not sub count

Why does a tier 3 gift sub count the same as a tier 1 for the badge?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If I want to gift someone 500 subs, I don't like having to do 5 transactions. It would be nice to have the maximum gifted sub amount removed or at least increased.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Getting gifted subs is really nice, but when you get a ton of gifted subs and you can't recognize a single name out of the group that was gifted, and some of those people come in asking "Why did I get a gifted sub, I don't even watch this streamer," it doesn't feel as nice. When you get gifted subs, the streamer's community should take priority over anyone else, and be the first ones to receive gifted subs.

I know that this probably wouldn't be something easy to accomplish, because even checking the box to not receive gifts to streamers…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I sometimes see non-chatters or lurkers getting gifted subs. It would be neat if instead of gifted subs being random, they can be given out to normal or dedicated chatter, then go on to lurkers and random viewers. It makes more sense if gifted subs go to people who are more likely to watch the stream, use your emotes, etc. Thank you.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Me gustaria tener la opcion de enviar subscripciones de regalo a canales aleatorios dentro de una categoria, vease GTA5, puedes comprar subscripciones aleatorias a los viwers concretos de un canal concreto, pero no puedes decidir que no quieres apoyar a un creador especifico, si no que apoyar a la categoria que a ti te interesa mas ver, asi enviarias las subscripciones a los viwers o apoyo directo a los streamers que esten en esa categoria independientemente de si tu les sigues o los estas viendo o inlcuso sin conocerles, dado que para donar en un lugar concreto ya tenemos la…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I mean everyone who giftet a sub gets the Message: Can i get a Sub? I have the Idea to Gift Blacklist people who ask. Basicly when you blacklist a person you cant Gift him A sub anymoreon every Channal

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I suggest limiting the number of consecutive gift subs a person can receive for a single channel to 2 or 3. I have seen users in chats receive gift subs month after month for the same channel that they never personally subscribed to and never contribute bits or pass along gift sub they have been gifted. When their gift sub runs out they start spamming the chat until they get another gift sub. They are always subbed to a channel I have supported with gift subs and bits and yet they enjoy the same perks I have paid good money…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to upgrade a user with a gift sub of higher tier, considering they are subbed already.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I was one of the 5% to be selected at random to test this feature. However, this seems to be the only place to submit feedback on issues being tested on Twitch.

I like to see a streamer's viewcount from the homepage, it acts as an indicator of them doing something special when the count rises higher than normal. The gift sub icon seems pointless as is, but if it must stay then it should be somewhere that doesn't conceal basic stream information from the viewer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Gift sub to only online users os chat users. Because Twitch have so many bots, we don't want to give subs to bot. A way to filter gift sub to accounts with registered email or/and cellphone number, like anti-spam chat filter, but for give gift subs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sometimes people receive gifted subs in channels they hardly ever watch (or have never watched!) If there was a "transfer gifted sub" option, it would be nice for those cases where the person knows someone else who does watch that channel and would appreciate the gifted sub more (as in, more likely to renew the sub).

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I’m not rich, so I don’t want to use recurring payments to continually sub. I just want to use a token and gift one sub at a time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello Twitch Team,

I use bits very much and also like gifted subs. Unfortunately I have the "problem" with the subs that you can only buy and spend them directly.

Therefore, it would be great if you can buy and store gifted subs, similar to bits, to allocate them specifically.

This would have the advantage for users that you can buy a large package and not always have individual bills.
    For Twitch it has the advantage that you already have the money and it must be given later to the streamer.
    In addition, the User would certainly tend to spend…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. GIFTING SUB IN ANDROID

In android, if you want to gift a specific user subscription you have to tap their name in chat. But, in computer you can gift by typing the user's ID. So, please add a feature in android where you can gift a specific user a subscription by just typing their ID

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. *Hide the name of the receiver of the gift sub, i feel that sometimes people dont feel comfortable when they get gifted subs, maybe an option for them to announce if they want or just keep it hidden
    *gift to raiders to the raider channel
    *sub gift to viewers that came from channels that showing in own channel analytics

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?