Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

146 results found

1. An incentive to gift more subs would be to "throw in" additional gift subscriptions when purchasing bulk subscriptions.

For example:

5 gift subs gifts 5 subs for $24.95
    10 gift subs gifts 12 subs for $49.90
    20 gifts subs gifts 25 subs for $99.80
    50 gift subs gifts 60 subs for $249.50

and so on. I'm thinking a 20% bonus at each tier, or the bonus could even tier up based on the amount. I believe it would create incentive to gift even more subs as the gifter would be given credit for the gifted amount, rather than the base…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'm embedding my stream into my own website, and currently the subscribe button goes to subs.twitch.tv etc - but only gives the tier 1/2/3 options, but not prime. Are you guys able to add this? Saves people having to go back to my own stream, sub, then go back to my website. Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. How about reward loyal subscribers who stay subscribed on streaks with a free random (or user can chose) emote from the tier above, each month they stay subscribed with a tier 1 subscription and its a streak above say 6 months they unlock 1 randomly selected (or user can chose) emote from tier above, until they unlock them all after that, if they are still (maybe for x months more) subscribed move up to tier 3 emotes and repeat again. This way it rewards those viewers who support channels over the long term, and better then just a sub badge…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. One of my viewers made a suggestion offline about being able to subscribe to a channel in a "silent" manner. Specifically, they mentioned people with varying kinds of anxiety that would get in the way of someone subscribing if there was a chance they could be "called out" by the streamer for subscribing.

I thought this was an important thing, as having training in mental health I know how beneficial even twitch social interaction is for someone with such conditions, and also it would allow someone to be able to be more supportive of their favorite streamers.

So, maybe a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Convert your earnings into Twitch credits, which you can then use for cheering with bits or subscribing to other streamers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I believe that there should be separate badges for those viewers who had a gifted subscription from those who subscribe themselves every month. That way we can separate the viewers who support the stream from the viewers who simply are lucky to receive a gifted subscription every month. It will also help during community days when the streamer plays with "subscribers". Now everyone is in the same pool and there is no telling who actually supports the stream and who doesn't.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A channel should be able to nominate linked channels that get subscriber benefits in their channel. A viewer can sub to either channel or both, maybe it shows the sub badge from the linked channel if they arent subbed to the current one, maybe there is an optional badge for people who are subbed to both.

Lets say two people regularly stream together, you as a viewer are a fan of Streamer A but they rarely stream on their own channel and instead are always on the channel of Streamer B, this would mean you could support A while watching…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1)Remove the Gift Sub to X Has Expired alerts or have it as an option to turn it off(spams my alert page way to often)

2)Add the feature that whoever your subbed to alerts you have a Resub available to X Person(its a PITA to check each channel and to see who's got a resub to)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. so say someone has been following a streamer since 2021 and just started subscribing, there should be a feature that allows people to subscribe for how many months they missed during their followage, this could make a lot of money not just for streamers but for twitch, and long time viewers could finally get the badge they deserve for being a long time viewer and support their favourite streamers, imagine viewers have been following a streamer for like 6 years but only have a 2 year sub badge, they could have the option to purchase as many months as they…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since Amazon owns majority shares of Twitch, but there are no benefits from Amazon.

It could be great for a consumer to get an request benefit via subscriptions with either with discount codes, free shipping or an special amazon goodies "twitch pack".

It's really a shame to not utilizer more of the big company.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Streamers would be able to offer a bundle where you sub to 2 or more channels at once for some small discount on full subs, or those channels split the revenue depending on how they setup the split, obviously channels involved would have to agree to be in the bundle.

Examples
    A streamer and their alt
    A streamer and their partner
    A streamer and another streamer they want to support
    Org or twitch team members

As it would be one viewer buying, the cost to twitch shouldnt be higher as the viewer still only has one pair of eyes. The…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to have an optional feature for supporting the streams that I watch which I'll call "pay per hours watched". With this optional feature, I could purchase blocks of hours at a certain rate (say 100 hours for $15 where $10 is for streamers, $5 for Twitch). The streams I watch then get a cut depending on how long I watch. If I watch streamer ABC123 for 2 hours, they get $0.20. If I watch streamer DEF456 for 3.5 hours they'd get $0.35. I would get a custom badge to indicate that I'm using the "pay per hours…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the option to sub for a shorter period than a month, such as a few hours or a day. That way you can watch a streamer's content without being disturbed by ads, but you may not watch the streamer often so no desire or need to sub for a month or more.
    Also some streamers stream very infrequently or on a random schedule so being able to sub for a single stream would be useful.
    Obviously have it priced lower than a monthly subscription, such as 50 cents per 24 hour period.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This suggestion is to create a Gift Pool function. The streamer sets a date in the future for the "party" and people can submit gifted subs to the party for a slight discount. As an example, a streamer sets a party date two weeks out. The channel followers can donate gifted subs for two weeks. During the party stream, when the streamer hits the button, the gifted subs are pushed out, giving a preference to those in the chat first, maybe even adding to their current subscription.

This would allow streamers to host a party event that encourages everyone to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. So people will often "gift a sub to the community" that all fine and dandy. but I go to other streamers, and maybe i'm a bit short one month and skip my re-sub... and i'm sure other people do too, or discover a stream they like and want to support them in a financial way.... and maybe they don't want to gift a sub to someone else... this is where i think my approach will be great... when you go to the screen to do these actions [buy yourself a sub, or gift a sub] there should be an option…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. While Gifted Subs are a great way support a channel they typically result in low retention rates.

The idea is that the recipient of a gifted subscription will have the option to renew that subscription when it expires for one month at a discounted rate.

This will help increase retention by incentivizing gift recipients to convert to full-time subscriptions, which will ultimately lead to more revenue for both Twitch and content creators.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Every month when my prime subscription expires, I am forced to watch ads while the subscription menu says that my prime subscription will be available today. I have to watch ads, disrupting the stream, just because the prime subscription expires before it renews. It is a horrible user experience for prime users because the prime subscription curiously expires exactly one month after activating it, yet it renews later than one month after activating it. The event that causes the prime subscription to end after 1 month should also trigger the event to renew the subscription so prime users are not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Recently have seen a lot of crossover events of streamers on other people's streams, I think there could be an opportunity for something like a one dollar 24hr or 72hr subscription that acts simply to remove ads for a short time. This mainly stemmed from me jumping around to multiple different streams when watching the different sh**camp events, where i don't wanna pay for a sub for 8 different creators, but would be willing to pay 1$ to have a temporary break from ads for that days event or so on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Imagine being able to buy 10 sub-vouchers in one go, which you can use like the prime sub, by checking a checkbox. This would mean that there would only be one bundled payment instead of having multiple payments.

You could maybe even use the vouchers to gift a sub.

The possible advantage from my point of view is that you can pay for all your subscriptions at the same time, which would make

This could maybe even come with a discount as there should be less money transfer fees.

Going even further: You could have an autobuy option for the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?