Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

146 results found

1. i think it would be a good idea if twitch could let people transfer their current subscriptions to other accounts, because i have a twitch account that i have had for a while and i would love to make a new account for many reasons but i’ve been subbed to people for months and have gifted so much, if there was a feature where i could make a new account and transfer my current subs to a different account that would be amazing as i wouldn’t loose all the money i spent on subs, i’m pretty sure people have asked…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A way of hiding or removing expired subscriptions. For example when you get a giftsub to a person you dislike and forgot to set the setting to "Block Receiving Gifts on Channels You don't Follow" or for when you supported someone and now you disagree with their views etc.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When you reach 9 months subscribing to a streamer, you get a free gift sub ‘sub baby’ to give away.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Subscription Flairs" to be changeable for each month/year level instead of one flair for all months/years. Allows for more customization for each individual level rather than the limitation of having to fit each level.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Subscribes and bits timestamps history.

I think it would be good if there is a subscribe and bit timestamp history in past broadcasts. Another idea is to show the timestamp in the notification when someone received the gifted-sub.

Maybe add the timestamp section to the top right corner near the "user in chat" button.

So, viewers can easily search for their sub or bit moments and watch it again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There's currently no incentive to actively subscribe to multiple streams.
    People who maintain active subscriptions to 10 or more streamers (excluding gifted subs) should we rewarded with something meaningful like not seeing ads across the platform.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think Twitch could do a few things to help improve the viewer experience for subscriptions:

1. More gift subs badges. The highest sub gift badge is 1000, yet bits go up to 5 million. In addition, you can't select which sub badge you want to use. You should have the option to use any of them if you've earned them.
    2. Sub gift Badges should not disappear. They should be permanent.
    3. Allow users to write a message if they gifted a sub. For example, letting a viewer know they appreciated a nice comment they made to the streamer within the gift…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add an OPTION for users to opt-out of the automatic renewals system for subscriptions. Many users occasionally sub for just one month to a streamer, perhaps because they've enjoyed a stream or two. It takes several clicks and page loads to turn off that auto-renewal, and many users can forget.

It is ethically far better to allow this feature to be switched off. Some users might then forget to resubscribe, but that is economically better than forgetting to unsubscribe and potentially losing money. Twitch, it is OUR money we're spending on this website. Basic ethics means allowing us to…

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think Twitch needs to introduce a subscription limit setting for the streamers, precisely the chance to subscribe to their channel only when they are in live broadcast. This would be perfect for the Affiliates and Partners who can't stream on the platform regularly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Basically you buy twitchprime but instead of having all the “amazon perks” you get more perks on twitch!

If you want only one prime token you pay 3$ a month and get a special badge.

If you want two prime tokens you get “real subs” that will automatically resub every month
    You pay 8$ a month

Want 5 tokens or more?
    Get a gift sub for free so you can help someone out?!
    You pay 20$ a month

And this way people will be cheaper out with subs but still pay twitch more than if they used amazon prime. They…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. SUB TOKENS

On the Mobile version of Twitch, you can purchase sub tokens to subscribe to creators without having to process a payment. The downside to this is having to pay an additional dollar for the subscription.

DESKTOP SUB TOKENS IDEA

This could be added on desktop aswell. I think its a great idea and I use it frequently and prefer it over normal subs. On desktop however, there shouldn't be an additional $1 added because Apple/Google isn't taking a cut of the revenue.

PRIME TOKENS IDEA

I've always wished I could save up my monthly Prime subscriptions to T2,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Since viewers can troll us, (which im sure we have all been there) just to get a shoutout. ALSO since twitch has given the option to refund subscriptions within 10 minutes of purchase.. why not make it on twitches side delay the notifications or confirmations until that 10 minute window has finished.

This way the streamer doesn't look like a fool.. or worse start a "SUB match" day and lose a bunch of money because someone was trolling.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As subject, the auto re-sub feature shall be stopped work during channel has been banned.
    As audience, we don't know when we followed channels were been banned and we would not consider to cancel the auto re-sub setting at first time.
    We will notice which should be canceled when we got notification from Credit card company or any money deduct message.
    That's not good for audience since we would not known when followed channel would be unbanned. and Twitch still takes our money every month but we cannot see followed channel all the time.
    Please take serious consider of my…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. So currently, if you are an Amazon PRIME member you get 1 free subscription per month that you have to use or lose. You have to remember to use it each month on the appropriate day, or you lose those days availability.

Instead, create a platform where each month the Amazon PRIME member's view time is "tracked" (as if it's not already) for each person they watch. Then each creator gets a % of the $5.00 sub price in the form of earnings in their dashboard each month. Instead of "Prime Subs" in the revenue list, it would say something…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sometimes viewers need to unsub for a month or two while they get their financial situation resolved, and then resub back after that period. It would be great to be able to just suspend subscription (as opposed to fully unsubbing) for up to few months (i.e. option to choose 1, 2 or 3 months) and then have it auto resub afterwards. Of course it would break sub streak etc, but would benefit both viewer (by not having to remember to resub later) and streamer (still having the viewer resub after that break)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Could you add Subscription/Bits Bundles? The idea behind it is to add in a kind of monthly Bundle where you can get Subscriptions and Bits for a little discount? Also have different tiers of each. Kind of like one being 2 Subscriptions and 500 Bits for like $15. So then you are getting some kind of discount on it especially since it would be a monthly Bundle Subscription.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We should be able to manage all of our subscriptions on all platforms. The website tells me to go to my mobile device to manage mobile subscriptions? What are you doing Twitch?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to be able to set the price for subscriptions of my own channel. it's shocking that I can't. An applicable version of free-market within the Twitch ecosystem or at least to have a choice is essential not only but also for newer streamers. Newer streamers need support while they are developing their channel, finding their voice, and learning the rules. Let's say a newer streamer charges their subscribers $3.99 per month and an established streamer with thousands of subscribers also charges $3.99 because they don't get to set their own price. First of all, the quality of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add a renew subscription button for Twitch Turbo. Right now if you cancel Twitch Turbo at any point it is canceled until it runs out then you have to pay for it again instead of being able to just reenable the sub like you can for channel subs. I think this is important especially now with the new Ads in place people will be using turbo more often.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The idea is that you can sub all the previous months you missed since you first followed the streamer which can support the streamer further. Example is if you followed someone for 2 years and you subbed for 10 months you can sub for the previous 14 months with a selection on Tier 1, 2, or 3. and you can only sub from the follow date and no further. The subs from the past feature does not add to any current streaks if you subbed at 10 months onwards it will stay at 10 and say the total months subbed…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?