Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

146 results found

1. The "month anniversary" option creates confusion for both the streamer and the viewers. I get the notification of the subscription, but the goal with the counter of total subscribers does not increase. Subscribers often ask me things like: "Did I subscribe twice in one month?" or "which sub is true and which is false?" and I don't know how to give answers because I don't know what's going on either, it looks like a bug! This causes confusion and discomfort.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Streamers would be able to offer a bundle where you sub to 2 or more channels at once for some small discount on full subs, or those channels split the revenue depending on how they setup the split, obviously channels involved would have to agree to be in the bundle.

Examples
    A streamer and their alt
    A streamer and their partner
    A streamer and another streamer they want to support
    Org or twitch team members

As it would be one viewer buying, the cost to twitch shouldnt be higher as the viewer still only has one pair of eyes. The…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mods should be able to view the stream ad free without being subscribed in case the streamer needs to communicate to mods during the time an ad is run.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Give moderators and editors the benefit of being flagged as "subscribed" to the channel they manage; because why do I have to watch ads while I'm working?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to have an optional feature for supporting the streams that I watch which I'll call "pay per hours watched". With this optional feature, I could purchase blocks of hours at a certain rate (say 100 hours for $15 where $10 is for streamers, $5 for Twitch). The streams I watch then get a cut depending on how long I watch. If I watch streamer ABC123 for 2 hours, they get $0.20. If I watch streamer DEF456 for 3.5 hours they'd get $0.35. I would get a custom badge to indicate that I'm using the "pay per hours…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add the option for users to be charged for all of their auto-renewing subscriptions on the first of the month (or another date of their choosing as Netflix allows). If cancelled after that date, would remain subscribed for the remainder of the month. New subscriptions would still be charged on the date of subscription. Could still track sub streak according to date of initial subscription.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like an indicator in the Followed and Recommended channels pane on subscription status. A simple system where a green, yellow or red dot appears in the upper left or right of the channels icon. Green would indicate I have an active Subscription to a channel. Yellow would indicate my subscription is about to expire. Finally red would indicate a channel I am not currently subscribed to.

This would provided a quick glance for viewers to know if the channels indicated on the left have a subscription or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Just a small way to give subscribers another way, besides sub badges which are condensed to fit the media, to stand out in chat to other viewers. There's currently ways for the broadcaster and moderators to observe whether people have come from raids, are VIP's and subscribers but adding a bit of color or effects to usernames (maybe editable by the creators) could add an extra incentive for viewers to subscribe to a channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If there was a way for the affiliate/partner streamers to get a custom link (like the amazon affiliate program,) and for each user sign up you get a one-time (slightly higher than a regular sub) bonus, and a small monthly resub bonus. I think users would go for it, but only if you get the emotes set up for TURBO users.

The one thing that prevents all the heavy twitch viewers that I know in MST3K, RIFFTRAX and other small 24/7 channels is the lack of channel emotes.

I think adding an additional TURBO emotes section so that Streamers can…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the option to sub for a shorter period than a month, such as a few hours or a day. That way you can watch a streamer's content without being disturbed by ads, but you may not watch the streamer often so no desire or need to sub for a month or more.
    Also some streamers stream very infrequently or on a random schedule so being able to sub for a single stream would be useful.
    Obviously have it priced lower than a monthly subscription, such as 50 cents per 24 hour period.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This suggestion is to create a Gift Pool function. The streamer sets a date in the future for the "party" and people can submit gifted subs to the party for a slight discount. As an example, a streamer sets a party date two weeks out. The channel followers can donate gifted subs for two weeks. During the party stream, when the streamer hits the button, the gifted subs are pushed out, giving a preference to those in the chat first, maybe even adding to their current subscription.

This would allow streamers to host a party event that encourages everyone to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. So people will often "gift a sub to the community" that all fine and dandy. but I go to other streamers, and maybe i'm a bit short one month and skip my re-sub... and i'm sure other people do too, or discover a stream they like and want to support them in a financial way.... and maybe they don't want to gift a sub to someone else... this is where i think my approach will be great... when you go to the screen to do these actions [buy yourself a sub, or gift a sub] there should be an option…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Purchase subscriptions at a discount by buying in bulk.

5 subs at 20% off

10 subs at 25% off

15 subs at 30% off

20 subs at 35% off (for the whales)

Optionally add 1% more discount for each additional month purchased up front, up to 5 months.
    Optionally enroll in auto renewal, discounting renewal price.

Subscriber picks subscriptions from a list of partners.
    Partners can opt in or out of this feature.

Partners can come together to create their own sub packs at their own discount

OTK pack, Shroud pack, XQC pack, etc.

For a lot of people, subscribing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello there; Let's subscribe to teams, for example, watch "BBL" streamer without ads.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Similar to another post, but more fleshed out.

The problem

I support many creators with monthly subs, but as a person with limited budget, it's so hard to plan finances with little amounts of £3.99 coming out throughout the month and often leads to going overdrawn on the one of my accounts I use. It also causes a lot of emails throughout the month for each subscription, telling me it is about to renew.

My Solution

I would suggest a user-nominated day when payment for all upcoming subscriptions, that month, would be taken (in advance of the renewal day).

If…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bi kanalı diyelim 2 senedir takip ediyorum bu 2 sene içinde hiç abone olmadım 2.bir abone özelliği gelsin o da şöyle olsun takip süresini aşmıyacak şekilde 24 aylık abonelik parasını vereyim 240 TL veya indirimli indirimsiz otomatik direk 1 aylık abonelik sayacağına 24 aylık aboneye atsa direk o kadar ay bekelemsek 2.abone özelliği gelsin ayarlıyabilek otomatik atsın istediğimiz abonelik aylığına böyle bir şey gelirse hem yayıncı hem Twitch kazanır hemde izleyiciler de bir tık onlar için iyi olur beğenmeyenler olursa da diğer şuan ki aboneyi kullanır bu dediğimi beğenenlerde 2.abone şeyi gelirse onu yapar onu kullanır

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. While Gifted Subs are a great way support a channel they typically result in low retention rates.

The idea is that the recipient of a gifted subscription will have the option to renew that subscription when it expires for one month at a discounted rate.

This will help increase retention by incentivizing gift recipients to convert to full-time subscriptions, which will ultimately lead to more revenue for both Twitch and content creators.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would love it if there was a way to offer a different cam overlay (or second camera angle) for people who sub to a second or third tier. Like I want to over content on my video that is invisible to those at lower sub levels. For example, I am an artist. Everyone can see my art cam but second and third tiers are the only ones who can also see my face cam. (or pet cam)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a category where streamers can give a small group of people (...maybe the amount is related on how big is the channel?) full sub benefits without actually subbing, like emotes and not seeing ads (or seeing less ads). This will benefit creators who receive support from other ways, like if someone already supports a streamer on a high patreon tier, they can get the streamer's twitch emotes without needing to sub !

Will also greatly support smaller streams since emotes are a way to advertise a channel and will allow friends (and by friends i mean mods and artists…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Every month when my prime subscription expires, I am forced to watch ads while the subscription menu says that my prime subscription will be available today. I have to watch ads, disrupting the stream, just because the prime subscription expires before it renews. It is a horrible user experience for prime users because the prime subscription curiously expires exactly one month after activating it, yet it renews later than one month after activating it. The event that causes the prime subscription to end after 1 month should also trigger the event to renew the subscription so prime users are not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?