Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

458 results found

1. Since this change I've been driven further and further away from Twitch.tv as a platform. I find it ridiculous that the only way to not have to see this annoying Ad spam is by using my ONE prime sub or just not watching content on Twitch.tv. There is a major problem with that approach, and until something changes (and I'm certain thousands of others would agree here), I will no longer be using this platform for my viewing pleasure.I hope you guys get this figured out and find a better solution soon, like putting the Ads responsibility back on individual…

1,890 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

40 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The Partner Plus program is a great step in the right direction for creators on Twitch and I am grateful for the opportunity for a 70/30 split.

However, this program should include gift subscriptions.

The requirement of “a sub count of at least 350 recurring paid subscriptions for three consecutive months” is only achievable for a small percentage of streamers, even those with a high CCV that qualifies them to be in the top 1% of the platform. It is not only difficult to achieve for even those dedicated to Twitch, but having this requirement may even discourage gift subscriptions…

1,469 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When watching the broadcaster you previously subscribed to with Twitch Prime and your subscription ends, trigger a resubscribe notification In the same way Twitch pops up the "Announce your resub anniversary" notification.

Have it suggest resubscribing with Twitch Prime once it's expired. If they click "share", it automatically resubscribes with their Prime subscription.

1,101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  13 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allows people who have amazon prime to turn on automatic resub for there free sub they could also have it off so they can sub to differnt people. would be very useful for people who have 1 year amazon prime membership.

688 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Overall, ads on Twitch are reasonable and not too intrusive, but this one quirk makes it more difficult for small streamers to support each other.

If someone ends their stream by hosting mine, I would like to be able to thank them and welcome them and any viewers who came along with them. But at the moment that I receive the host notification, I have to assume that none of them can see me because an ad just started playing for them. And if I host another streamer at the conclusion of my stream, my viewers and I don't get…

498 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Every subscriber is supporting both Twitch and the partnered streamer of their liking. Subscribers get things like emotes and badges, but what if they get even more?

If you subscribe to a streamer, you get 1 point for example. It doesn't matter which partnered streamer. If you resub, you get points depending on the amount of months you resubbed: resubbed for the 10th month in a row to a streamer, you get 10 points instead of 1.

You can spend these subscriber points at the subscriber store to buy exclusive emotes or badges they can permanently unlock. They can also…

357 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  DJFLuFFKiNS responded

Considering what we could do to make some sort of loyalty system for subs work.

7. $4.99 for a subscription and 50/50 payout is what content creators sign up for.

What they get in reality:

If based in Europe, pay 5 Euros ($6 per sub)
    If based in UK, pay £5 (a whopping $8 per sub!)

Do content creators receive 50% of these extra payments, no, they receive the appropriate % of $5

Is it fair for people based in Europe, UK, Canada, Aus, etc. to pay MORE for subs than the US and yet as a streamer receive significantly less than the 50% they are promised in the affiliate/partner agreeement? Of course not...

PLEASE FIX…

354 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dear Twitch,

I think I speak for most of the streaming community when I say we do NOT like your new mid-roll strategy. Ads are among the biggest annoyances on the site and the solution is not to give us more ads. Here are some ideas on making ads on Twitch better for both the creator and the viewer.

1. Give the creators an actual cut of the ad revenue
      Right now, this is absolutely peanuts when you compare it to other video content sites, it’s actually insane. This would make running ads also a bit more attractive for creators and…

351 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Right now you can gift a sub to one specific user. Or you can gift to the community, which will chose randomly who gets a sub.
    I think it would be great if we could collect a couple of users first and then give out 5 or 10 or more subs at once to selected users.
    This is much better for the community since this way sub-gifters can target active users instead of the random selection picking out rarely lurking followers.

332 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'd like the ability to put a message in a gift sub that gets posted for everyone to see with the notification of a gifted sub to a channel.

253 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  9 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be neat to be able to change my auto payment for subs for a higher or lower tier and keep my current payment date and month streak without having to unsubscribe and resubscribe at the higher tier or paying for both tiers on the same day.

245 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, Canadians pay $6.99 per sub, which on average is 50 to 70 cents more than our American counterparts. In addition as of July 1, 2021, Canadians are forced to pay up to 13% in taxes on top of this inflated sub price. Local sub pricing for Canadians would help mitigate the additional taxes on our sub purchases, as well as likely increase the number of creators we can sub to.

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it to where we can subscribe with our twitch prime membership on mobile. Easy peasy.

229 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Relevant Update  ·  Ana responded

Hello! Good news! You can now use your Prime on Android! Hopefully, we'll have more news in regard to its availably on iOS in the future.

14. Allow sub gifting for people who are currently subscribed to the channel you want to send a gift for - just add a month to the current subscription they have. That way, you don't have to wait until the time when the person is no longer subscribed, and multiple people can easily contribute to / send gifts to one person.

202 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  10 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Subs should be able to choose any sub badge they already unlocked, for example a 14 month sub should be able to choose between the 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, and 12 month badges, there are some people who like a specific sub badge and would like to stick to it, also if this is too confusing for streamers, there should be an option to turn it off

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As an introverted person, I'd very much appreciate the option of subscribing "quietly". So if I check a box, twitch alerts for this particular sub (including chat announcement) don't trigger, but I get to continue supporting my favorite streamers. Users would still have the option of using the "regular" sub alert (probably by default), for example for x-yr anniversaries, congratulatory PB/WR subs, etc, etc. Basically, sometimes you feel like being social, and sometimes you don't. Having lots of fanfare for subbing is not something everyone wants.

Indeed subscribing when a streamer is not streaming is an option, but the idea…

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. PROBLEM
    At this time, Turbo is only available on a monthly recurring basis.

BACKGROUND
    However, Subscriptions are available in month, 3 months, and 6 months renewal increments. (This phrasing is pulled directly from the Subscription panel on Twitch. Who does your copy? Anyways…)

PROBLEM PART TWO
    This discordance in user experience is confusing.

ASK
    Bring feature parity to Turbo.

IMPLEMENTATIONS

Full Feature Parity with Subscriptions - Turbo renewal periods would be: month, 3-month, 6-month and offer the same 10% and 15% discounts

Industry Parity - Monthly or Annual renewal, with a discount equivalent to 2 months on the annual plan…

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adding a delay option for the bits or subs notification in chat will make it more exciting cause it will sync with the alerts
    So it would be amazing to have an option in twitch similiar to
    “ Alert Text Delay “ in streamlabs or streamelements

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add an OPTION for users to opt-out of the automatic renewals system for subscriptions. Many users occasionally sub for just one month to a streamer, perhaps because they've enjoyed a stream or two. It takes several clicks and page loads to turn off that auto-renewal, and many users can forget.

It is ethically far better to allow this feature to be switched off. Some users might then forget to resubscribe, but that is economically better than forgetting to unsubscribe and potentially losing money. Twitch, it is OUR money we're spending on this website. Basic ethics means allowing us to…

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Do NOT display this to creators. This will lead to resentment from creators towards viewers and it’s really nobody’s business why someone chose not to opt for recurring subs

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?