Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

333 results found

1. This is a kind of bug report.
    When I connect from Discord to Twitch,
    Discord didn't appear in Twitch connections page.
    https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections
    As a result, when I'm streaming in twitch, my Discord status doesn't turn into "Streaming".
    Of course I enabled streamer mode.

This issue seems to occur for seven years.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/4jv325/status_doesnt_turn_purple_when_streaming/
    One of my friends also failed, but the others succeeded.

I solved this by repeating reconnecting until Discord appeared in Twitch connections page.

The connection processing should be reviewed.
    This issue is not from Discord to Twitch, but from Twitch to Discord.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Sue Twitch in oblivion and the company behind the livestream https://www.twitch.tv/trumporbiden2024

Community standards? bye bye Twitch I reported to both @realdonaldtrump and @potus

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In my opinion, Twitch is showing weakness by wanting to make changes at the last minute to ❝Fight❞ against the competition.
    TWITCH is bigger than that. Twitch has always shown stability and that is very important in this area. Stability that no competition (streaming platforms) manage to have, no matter how many streamers they hire, they return to Twitch (no matter how much they throw hate speech at the purple platform). There I wonder if it is necessary for Twitch to make changes or simply go more aggressive.
    My question is, if Twitch is not profitable, why do the streamers…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I wanted to see the people who gifted me a subscription but it's not possible because the notifications disappear. I would suggest creating a space to see the subscriptions received.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The gaming communities of Slavic and other languages are quite sizeable. It would be nice for them to have the same ability to set a Display Name in Cyrillic script just like there is the ability to have them in Japanese/Chinese/Korean.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi, I want to change my username but some bot-account already has it? Is it possible to Twitch delete the bot users so I can get the name that I want?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If you don't return a name after a name change for 6 months, allow me to switch back to one I had previously.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The login form is currently absolutely broken for Firefox.
    It always says "something went wrong" upon submitting the form, making it impossible to login to twitch.
    Outrageous.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I emailed support a while ago and was told that developers are working on the idea. I was hoping if we could get support on reinstating follow dates that were accidently lost before unfollow confirmation was implemented. Many people accidently unfollowed accounts or lost following so lost their follow dates and by providing proof people should be able to reinstate these dates. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If someone goes by NameWasTaken and gets the emote prefix "name1" then changes their name to, say, NameVT, dont 'offer' the 'randomly generated' Prefix of "name1" to them again if they already have it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide a means of alerting users of notable and significant changes to Twitch as these changes go live. Something similar is in place for creators and moderators in the form of the "What's New & Feedback" icon, but this does not always cover every change. People should be alerted to all changes, even cosmetic ones, especially if key features would be affected.

In particular, it would be good if there could be an option to sign up for a mailing list for announcements made via the Twitch blog as well as updates to the Community Guidelines. This would be especially…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Seria bom uma opção de ver os aparelhos conectados e os seus detalhes: como ip, marca, localização e o modo que está conectado ou que tentou entrar, também tendo como renomear o nome do aparelho, assim como tem na Google, eu peço isso, pois invadiram a minha conta e só percebi isso 2 meses depois, e se tivesse isso, não teria rolado essa invasão e sim, eu olhei os e-mails e não tinha 1 indicando que entraram na minha conta

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Now that Twitch has enabled streamers to require phone number verification to use their chat, I and many others have had to add a verified mobile number to my account. The problem, however, is I can now reset my password via SMS, which I did not ask for. This is especially problematic because Twitch's 2FA solution can also be bypassed via a phone number that's required to set up 2FA at all, even if the user has a secure authenticator app, meaning an attacker with access to the user's phone number can defeat both factors. Twitch just suffered a data…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice to receive notifications when my clips are deleted by the system (with an indication of the reason) or by a streamer.
    Sometimes it is unclear whether clip violates the rules or simply failed to create.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I forgot the password to my account and didn't receive a single password reset email. I tried to verify my account through customer support but they said they couldn't verify it. Being as I don't have any of the information they request linked to my account other than my email it's a bit redundant. If there was a way of verifying via linked account such as a PlayStation Network account, or via a Discord account, it could make the whole process much easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow streamers to put out a push notification when they are on somebody else's stream. Allow them to post to social media through the dashboard. Let viewers have the option to turn on this type of notification (similar to how Twitter has notifications for all tweets and live tweets).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make asian usernames only visable to people with their browser in that language

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Log IPs of all attempted logins to an account. This way we can report suspicious behavior to you and to authorities/banks when it occurs.

Reason being, I have received multiple 2FA codes on my phone and have no way to report these unauthorized attempts to access my account. I have changed my PW and am still receiving these codes. I have ran two separate virus checkers and come back empty from both.

Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If someone has my email, phone number (optional of course), twitter username, instagram username, snapchat, facebook, youtube, or discord id etc, I would love for these people to be able to find my twitch profile with in the twitch eco system and not have to leave the site to try to find me
    Every other social profile I've had in my life time, has had an option to "import" contacts, I would love to see this be a native feature on twitch to help organic discoverability.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Creating a feature to enable or disable to create pin code (3/4/5 digit) before login for authorized web pc or app. By having this feature, the authorized twitch app or web can be entered after by a pin. User need to input code digit before able to see home twitch screen as usual.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?