Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

320 results found

1. Proposal to Delete Inactive Twitch Accounts

Twitch is one of the most popular streaming platforms for video games and other content. The platform offers a wide variety of channels and streams that are visited by millions of viewers around the world.

A current issue with Twitch is the number of inactive accounts. According to estimates, up to 30% of all Twitch accounts are inactive, meaning they have not been used in over 3 years. These accounts can distort viewership numbers on Twitch and lead to misconceptions about the popularity of channels.

Proposal

Twitch should delete inactive accounts that have not…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Seit einigen Tagen habe ich ziemlich arge Probleme damit, Twitch über Opera GX zu nutzen.

• Benachrichtigungen und Flüsternachrichten werden nicht geladen, wenn ich sie mir anzeigen lassen will

• ich kann keine Clips erstellen, obwohl die Option verfügbar ist (es wird lediglich eine "autoblanc"-Seite aufgerufen

• das Teilen von Subscribtion-Nachrichten im Livechat ist nicht möglich (die Nachricht kommt nach dem Absenden weder im Chat, noch im Dashboard des Streamers an)

• der Kauf von Abonnements kann nicht abgeschlossen werden (es lädt und lädt, wird aber nicht fertig... Probleme mit den Zahlungsmitteln sind ausgeschlossen)

• die Anzeige "Das Cookie-Gespräch" verschwindet nicht mehr ... egal, ob…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It is next to impossible to change to a new username for two reasons:

1. The majority of user accounts are people that view only and don't want to stream. There are 140 million active users and only 7 million streamers!!!
    2. It takes forever for an inactive or closed account to release the username, much longer than the "advertised" 6 months, and it's been already 8 years since you said you'll do something about it.

A good idea would be to use aliases/discretionary usernames for existing and new users that are not affiliate/partner (active streamers), like discord with the #xxxx. Once…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adding the ability to add an apostrophe to display names.
    The name I use online is [Kori'to] but when I have it on Twitch, I can't use an apostrophe in either my username or display name so it looks like [Korito]. Is it possible to allow for adding apostrophes in either the username or display name? That would be a nice addition.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Entering a phone number either to verify for chat or entering for 2FA, the code won't send.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice to receive a pop up notification when I watch in full screen that other streamer I follow started his stream.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Many people did it without thinking and while I agree they should have did some research before setting it to something stupid for it to look cool for like 3 seconds. I would just make a new account honestly if it didnt mean losing so many stuff gained over the years of streaming and chatting and watching people.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The password system in twitch has me put beyond disbelief. I have truly never experienced a more horrific security protocol; it is almost comparable to the password game, which was created as a joke. I would like to suggest some changes.

1. scrap the existing system, unfixable.
    2. make a three character minimum; this is all that is necessary for actual security increase. People who take their privacy seriously will act accordingly.
    3. Allow special characters. It is genuinely baffling that as a company you made the conscious decision to decrease the amount of usable characters in a password.
    4. Get rid of whatever…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Similar to how sub role is inegrated to Discord, hopefully follower/unfollowed would also be implemented or making discord server only accessible to followers

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to suggest changing the username length policy to allow usernames that are 3 or more characters long instead of having a 4-character minimum. This already exists for some channels, like AOC, but it would be great if it became something that other people could do, too.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and have a great day!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. To help users manage security for their accounts: I propose the Settings > Connections page should list the specific Permissions (or OAuth scopes granted) For each account connection.

And there should be an "Edit" button. Instead of completely revoking a connection: We should have the option to Remove or withold any granted permissions/scopes of a connected app that we want On this menu.

There should also be some options to block/remove some of the requested permissions on the page at the time when initially authorizing a connection.

I propose that the Highest-risk permissions which Apps can request be made so…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If my login is successfull (option: with the first try) and i have done it via 2factor auth, then don´t send a successfull login attempt email. Make this selectable in the profile (send email/ dont´send/ send after x unsuccessfull tries)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When using Chrome and clicking on the Prime Loot menu, you can use the X to close out each individual item under the "For You, Games, Ending Soon" categories, but you can never clear the list completely. Whatever item is the last item in the list, it stays there and you can't close it...ever. This is really annoying to us OCD-ers. Please allow us to close out all the items and display an all caught up message just like the notifications area.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can't unfollow the Resident Evil 4 (2005) category. Clicking on it directs you to the Resident Evil 4 Remake category which you can follow/unfollow separately.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When creating my account, I was stuck on what username to use. Twitch showed a message during the sign up which said something like "Don't worry, you can change this later."

So I thought, ok I'll just put anything for now, and once my account is set up, I can change it to something else.

But after I finished making my account, I went to the settings to find I had to wait 2 months before I could change my name!

I feel like I was provided some false reassurance and now I'm stuck for 2 months with a name…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm tired of twitch tv sending a verification code to my email. I use twitch on my cell phone for cromecast. Then when I watch twitch on the computer, I have to verify the code and go to g-mail to look at the ****** number series and verify. This verification is constant and feels like ****.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We should be able to put spaces in usernames. Especially for people like me in a gaming clan that i cofounded with my friend (GXR), its super important.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Olá,
    Porque não usar Token por email?
    @Twitch poderiam por uma nova opção na parte de Token que poderia ser assim...
    Selecionar Token por email...
    Ou
    Selecionar Token por número de telemóvel...
    Acho que seria melhor quando o "Streamer/Usuário" fosse fazer login da sua respectiva conta...
    Espero que quem esteja a ler isto vote :3

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "It looks like you're trying to login from a new device or location". No it's actually not, I'm trying to log in from a browser that you currently have over 50 cookies stored on from the same location.

I don't delete them from twitch due to this very hassle, yet you still send me a verification code every time I try to use the site.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This may require a bigger team of course to implement, but I just signed up for a freelance website and the sign up process, is actually an application to use this site. I was required to verify my identity via uploading a photo of my ID AND a verifying statement such as a paystub, utility bill, etc. And also address verification (or at least a mailing/billing address) which should be added to the account anyways since payment information is stored for subscriptions.

I know that twitch has a younger population so that may not work, but it may also be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?