Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

59 results found

1. Currently when you change your username, your ticket product (the name that appears on subscription receipts) stays as your old username. Please make it match your current username so people don't refund subs thinking they are subscribed to someone else.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When you go to change your username, there is no confirmation to make sure the change was intentional. It should ask for a confirmation if you are making a 2-6 month commitment. It should just ask "You are about to change your username, is this correct?" As it is now, you can be trying out different things and if you accidentally hit enter, then you have to live without a username of your choosing for 2-6 months. I am really shocked this hasn't been implemented. I can't even look at a website without confirming my choices about cookies, but I…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. At the time of posting this, Twitch says they recycle usernames that have no viewing or login activity for "at least 12 months", which sounds like some usernames will stay longer for reasons unexplained;
    and it's unclear if the "batches" being recycled is all usernames that meet the 12 month criteria, or if there is just a day/week/month of the year some undisclosed number of inactive usernames are removed and some 12 month inactive usernames just never make it into those batches;
    so I can't tell if a username I want to use that looks inactive is actually 12 months…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Guys please read all of this and vote if you want this to happen. Much Appreciated.

There is a problem for years with any other TWITCH STREAMER especially who are AFFILIATES that they want a USERNAME of their choice but its been taken and used already by any other viewer who is not a streamer or anything. So, to solve this problem here is an idea and I know we all want this. So the idea is that when somebody SIGNUP on TWITCH they will get a RANDOM USERNAME including of random numbers and random alphabets generated by TWITCH. They…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allowing users the option to display preferred pronouns next to their username in chat with out an extension would be a welcoming addition

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be cool if you could swap usernames. I for example own a cleaner name than the one I am on right now but I gained like 11K followers on the one with the less cool name. (I wasnt bothered by it at the time but I am now getting to a size where I wanna take it more serious and the cleaner name would be sick). ALSO it would be cool if you could contact someone with the name you want and ask him/her if he/she would be willing to give his/her username to you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Users should be given priority to revert back to their old username once it becomes available rather than having to hope they can get it back. Also, users should NOT have to wait 6 months to try to get their name back. They should be allowed to revert back to their old name after the regular 60 day wait for a name change.

Also, Twitch NEEDS to update the warning when you go to change your username! Saying your username "will be released back into the pool of available usernames after 6 months" is not descriptive enough. I thought that…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This is hateful you are disrespecting us Affiliates, and Partners, we should get the rights since of sharing exclusive VODs (exclusivity rule) with Twitch, and are restricted for 24 hrs to reupload (reuploading someone who is going live often is really difficult), I mean you are already getting huge splits of revenue by us, then you disrespect even our names in cases if someone of us dies?
    Recycle your customers which are non-affiliates, our usernames stay our usernames as so in Steam, and YouTube, just because some ducks disrespect us eagles it does not mean you need to listen to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I want to change my username from "Sym_Point" to "Point" and it says it's not available but no one has the username. What is that for?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It is next to impossible to change to a new username for two reasons:

1. The majority of user accounts are people that view only and don't want to stream. There are 140 million active users and only 7 million streamers!!!
    2. It takes forever for an inactive or closed account to release the username, much longer than the "advertised" 6 months, and it's been already 8 years since you said you'll do something about it.

A good idea would be to use aliases/discretionary usernames for existing and new users that are not affiliate/partner (active streamers), like discord with the #xxxx. Once…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adding the ability to add an apostrophe to display names.
    The name I use online is [Kori'to] but when I have it on Twitch, I can't use an apostrophe in either my username or display name so it looks like [Korito]. Is it possible to allow for adding apostrophes in either the username or display name? That would be a nice addition.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Many people did it without thinking and while I agree they should have did some research before setting it to something stupid for it to look cool for like 3 seconds. I would just make a new account honestly if it didnt mean losing so many stuff gained over the years of streaming and chatting and watching people.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to suggest changing the username length policy to allow usernames that are 3 or more characters long instead of having a 4-character minimum. This already exists for some channels, like AOC, but it would be great if it became something that other people could do, too.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and have a great day!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When creating my account, I was stuck on what username to use. Twitch showed a message during the sign up which said something like "Don't worry, you can change this later."

So I thought, ok I'll just put anything for now, and once my account is set up, I can change it to something else.

But after I finished making my account, I went to the settings to find I had to wait 2 months before I could change my name!

I feel like I was provided some false reassurance and now I'm stuck for 2 months with a name…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We should be able to put spaces in usernames. Especially for people like me in a gaming clan that i cofounded with my friend (GXR), its super important.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Before suspending users with inappropriate names, could you instead give them a 5 day warning to change? The suspension without warning seems very unnecessary if a person has had it for the longest time and suddenly got suspended. I believe lots of people could stop clogging suspension appeals with this, especially those who aren't genuine trouble makers with their names and people deserve second chances! Especially with usernames, my friend got suspended and there was no clear heads up on their suspension. They were watching a stream and bop! Banned without warning and for having an average name that never…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I renamed my user from kozakagamer to kozaka. Everything went fine, just the old https://www.twitch.tv/kozakagamer is not working now (Time machine missing :) ).

So, my idea is, that maybe it would be good, that in case rename an url should be show which points to the new page or the user should be redirected to the new. Maybe just for 60 days?

This way, if an viewer comes over fore example a stored url, and want to find me, he could easily find my channel without any guessing what the new name would be.

Thanx

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Many reasons against waiting 2 months to be able to change to ur username again, but I am curious about why is this even a thing????
    -I am trying to find the best username for me and the one I have right now I ended up not liking
    -Losing followers from the name change and still have to wait 2 months
    -Trying to even find a decent username is so long n difficult so the second u change it u have to wait 2 months.
    -I really can’t think of any reasons on why this is even a thing

Also…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. While 60 days isn't bad, I'm still in the middle of figuring out the best branding for my channel, and I just changed my name, but not really digging it since giving it a go for a couple of days and would like to try something different that I've been enjoying, but as it stands I have to wait two months before I can change it. Would be nice to be able to change it sooner. Thank you for your time!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. bonjour mon idée serait d'avoir des pseudo avec des lettre en couleur car cela serait bien plus fun vous ne pensait pas
    merci

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?