Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

59 results found

1. I am in agreement with people requesting a reduction on the time before you're able to change your username. Even if i have to wait 2 months before i can change it to something else, I've tested out my current username, as of posting this, and have discovered i hate it. If you could revert a user name change in the first 24 hours at least, even if i had to wait 2 months until i try again, it would solve a lot of people's problems with it. I also hate how there's no way of testing out a username…

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I short while ago, I have changed my username from “PeenutShow” to “Peenut__” (three underlines).
    I was happy with the way the new username would be displayed so I went ahead with the change.

Unfortunately, the username does NOT get displayed the way it showed it would. The three “underlines” get displayed with gaps in between like this: “Peenut _ _ _ ”
    To me, this is a big deal because those gaps make the username look silly and absolutely not to my liking.
    I would have NEVER changed the name if your system had shown the future…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I can't tell you how long I've been trying to find how to change your name on here its honestly been really frustrating. I use twitch currently as a way to watch streamers as I don't stream myself.
    I made this account some time ago with an old name i no longer associate with. So I looked it up to see if its possible and I read that it is and how to do it.
    So I followed the steps on each site meticulously but to no avail was I ever able to even get to an option of changing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Display the exact amount of days left until one is able to change their Username in the Profile Settings.

Currently it just displays the amount roughly rounded up and inaccurate, e.g "You may update your username again in 1 month"

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. make asian usernames only visable to people with their browser in that language

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want to change my username from "Sym_Point" to "Point" and it says it's not available but no one has the username. What is that for?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ユーザー名の変更と同じ60日期限付きでよいので、表示名をユーザー名の大文字小文字違いだけでなく、日本語含むものへと変更したい
    特に、過去、日本語への変更ができなかった時に変更してしまったために、変更できないのは不便である。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Get rid of the 4 letter policy and allow 3 letter names again!

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The recycle program needs a massive overhaul.

There are far to many people waiting on unused usernames that are not released in a timely fashion.

I have been watching two names for years now. One is simply completely inactive with zero information on the profile and has never followed anyone, for years. That account also has never responded to private messages to even suggest someone logged in. **** I'd buy their account name from them if there was anyway I could contact them.

The other has the "Unless you have a time machine." message and may be an old twitch…

198 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. As is possible for Chinese, Japanese and Korean users who can set display names in their own languages, it would be great if you could also do this in Arabic! This also sets the stage for other languages that use the Arabic script in future (Farsi, Urdu, etc)

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Guys please read all of this and vote if you want this to happen. Much Appreciated.

There is a problem for years with any other TWITCH STREAMER especially who are AFFILIATES that they want a USERNAME of their choice but its been taken and used already by any other viewer who is not a streamer or anything. So, to solve this problem here is an idea and I know we all want this. So the idea is that when somebody SIGNUP on TWITCH they will get a RANDOM USERNAME including of random numbers and random alphabets generated by TWITCH. They…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be cool if you could swap usernames. I for example own a cleaner name than the one I am on right now but I gained like 11K followers on the one with the less cool name. (I wasnt bothered by it at the time but I am now getting to a size where I wanna take it more serious and the cleaner name would be sick). ALSO it would be cool if you could contact someone with the name you want and ask him/her if he/she would be willing to give his/her username to you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Reduce the amount of cooldown after a name change, I have had to wait for 6+ months to get my name changed after I accidentally changed my name. I didn't get a reply from support after 6 months either, so I had to wait it out.
    Even when you change your name you might not even be able to get the name back, which is ridiculous in my opinion. Having to wait 6+ months to get your name back and yet not be able to get it is something that needs to be changed when I accidentally changed my name…

168 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Many people did it without thinking and while I agree they should have did some research before setting it to something stupid for it to look cool for like 3 seconds. I would just make a new account honestly if it didnt mean losing so many stuff gained over the years of streaming and chatting and watching people.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If a broadcaster does not stream often or regularly, it can be tough to keep up with their channel. If they switch their Twitch username and you don't recognise it on your follower list, there should be a way to view their past user names to clarify who the streamer is. Quick and easy, Steam has a similar feature that has helped me not remove friends after a username switch.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I renamed my user from kozakagamer to kozaka. Everything went fine, just the old https://www.twitch.tv/kozakagamer is not working now (Time machine missing :) ).

So, my idea is, that maybe it would be good, that in case rename an url should be show which points to the new page or the user should be redirected to the new. Maybe just for 60 days?

This way, if an viewer comes over fore example a stored url, and want to find me, he could easily find my channel without any guessing what the new name would be.

Thanx

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. After a user changes their name, the old name forwards to the new name until the old name has been recycled for reuse.

Reason: Some cases exist where it is not feasible to spend the time to change all old links to the new link such as in youtube descriptions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Just an option to make spaces avaliable in usernames :D

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1,125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Anonymous responded

We’re reviewing this. Curious how long you think would be ok.

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?