Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

59 results found

1. We should be able to put spaces in usernames. Especially for people like me in a gaming clan that i cofounded with my friend (GXR), its super important.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adding the ability to add an apostrophe to display names.
    The name I use online is [Kori'to] but when I have it on Twitch, I can't use an apostrophe in either my username or display name so it looks like [Korito]. Is it possible to allow for adding apostrophes in either the username or display name? That would be a nice addition.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Many usernames are banned on Twitch for no known reason. After a while, those suspended accounts should be released so that content creators can get a chance to use them for their branding. For example, the username "fairy" was made partner before it was banned. It would be very nice if a content creator could have that name.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The gaming communities of Slavic and other languages are quite sizeable. It would be nice for them to have the same ability to set a Display Name in Cyrillic script just like there is the ability to have them in Japanese/Chinese/Korean.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. like as you see in twitter you can add a samll cute emote next to the name and i think its gonna be a great idea to have one next to my name . like i love sushi too much so i wrote my name on twitter like this GouMiHo🍣 🍣

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi, I want to change my username but some bot-account already has it? Is it possible to Twitch delete the bot users so I can get the name that I want?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If you don't return a name after a name change for 6 months, allow me to switch back to one I had previously.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Some people may have old accounts that they had forgotten about. In my case. I have one without the numbers at the end of the name. I recently was able to log into it and would like to have the ability to swap the name with my current account.

If someone can prove they own both of the accounts, it would be nice for some way to swap them. If I change the name of the account with no numbers, there's no guarantee I'll be able to be the one to snag it whenever it gets freed up and that…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have a few ideas that I think would be great changes to the username system. To start off I believe the "4 letter" name rule is far outdated I don't see an issue with 3 letter names being allowed, some user already have 3 letter names (I.E. XqC, ABE,Pat,Red) so it's 100% doable. Another change that I think would be great is to allow more characters/symbols in names, such as ( ' - ~ / \ | ) ETC. Including symbols diacritics (e.g. ú, ÿ, ç, å, ē) should also be allowed in usernames, they're already used in other…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Like to see your whole name history, from the beginning til’ the name you have currently, maybe it will be a nice feature, I kinda struggle to find out my old names, so it kinda would be nice for some people that want to know how they were named.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have two accounts and i want to swap usernames. Unfortunately, twitch does not support swap usernames even if you own both accounts.

if I did it the way we have changing username system right now. I will have to wait 6 months for the name I changed released again to available pool IF happens.

They mentioned in FAQ abandoned usernames might NOT BE RELEASED for some unknown reason! Even after 6 months passed!!

we want a guaranteed safe way to swap names easily like Twitter. why we can't do that? just let us swap names like any other website.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If someone goes by NameWasTaken and gets the emote prefix "name1" then changes their name to, say, NameVT, dont 'offer' the 'randomly generated' Prefix of "name1" to them again if they already have it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am in agreement with people requesting a reduction on the time before you're able to change your username. Even if i have to wait 2 months before i can change it to something else, I've tested out my current username, as of posting this, and have discovered i hate it. If you could revert a user name change in the first 24 hours at least, even if i had to wait 2 months until i try again, it would solve a lot of people's problems with it. I also hate how there's no way of testing out a username…

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This is hateful you are disrespecting us Affiliates, and Partners, we should get the rights since of sharing exclusive VODs (exclusivity rule) with Twitch, and are restricted for 24 hrs to reupload (reuploading someone who is going live often is really difficult), I mean you are already getting huge splits of revenue by us, then you disrespect even our names in cases if someone of us dies?
    Recycle your customers which are non-affiliates, our usernames stay our usernames as so in Steam, and YouTube, just because some ducks disrespect us eagles it does not mean you need to listen to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd like to comment on something that I think it would be nice to have when changing your username, and what happens is that when you change your name the count on the number of subs you have gifted is reset and it's split in two different usernames (your old one and the new one). And, for instance, in the board of leadership of stream elements which is shown in some channels doesn't appear the total of subs concerning your account, and it's split in two as I said before. So, I think you could do something about that because…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The recycle program needs a massive overhaul.

There are far to many people waiting on unused usernames that are not released in a timely fashion.

I have been watching two names for years now. One is simply completely inactive with zero information on the profile and has never followed anyone, for years. That account also has never responded to private messages to even suggest someone logged in. **** I'd buy their account name from them if there was anyway I could contact them.

The other has the "Unless you have a time machine." message and may be an old twitch…

196 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There should be something such as a page where people can search a username they want in order to check when it will be available.

This is especially necessary because previously used parter usernames are never available again, but as far as anyone is aware, there is no archive or list of those “never available” usernames.

Wanting a username that isn’t being used and trying to change to that username every day without knowing how long you will have to keep trying for it is absolutely exhausting and shouldn’t be something creators have to go through. Make it easier to…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be nice if twitch loosened restrictions on usernames since so many are taken and they don't seem to get freed up.

For example allowing usernames starting with symbols (_username), as well as adding more symbols for use, such as '-', '/', '.', '|', '~', and other characters.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have wanted to change my twitch username multiple times, but I have decided against it because I do not want to have to go through the process of reintroducing myself to everyone that I have met previously in chats and talk them through me changing username. I am a moderator in multiple channels, and it would create a cluster if I completely changed my username. I think there should be an option when you change your username to TEMPORARILY put your old username in parenthesis next to your new username to avoid this issue. (An example of what I…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?