Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The entire "Help" area is set up entirely on the assumption that everyone comes to Twitch to create content. There is absolutely no support for anyone who comes to Twitch to follow content created by others.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! 

What kind of content would you like to see added to our Help site? We try to make articles applicable to people who view and create content, but if there is missing content you were looking for I would be happy to share that with our team. 

2. Now that Twitch has enabled streamers to require phone number verification to use their chat, I and many others have had to add a verified mobile number to my account. The problem, however, is I can now reset my password via SMS, which I did not ask for. This is especially problematic because Twitch's 2FA solution can also be bypassed via a phone number that's required to set up 2FA at all, even if the user has a secure authenticator app, meaning an attacker with access to the user's phone number can defeat both factors. Twitch just suffered a data…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Password Reset  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This may require a bigger team of course to implement, but I just signed up for a freelance website and the sign up process, is actually an application to use this site. I was required to verify my identity via uploading a photo of my ID AND a verifying statement such as a paystub, utility bill, etc. And also address verification (or at least a mailing/billing address) which should be added to the account anyways since payment information is stored for subscriptions.

I know that twitch has a younger population so that may not work, but it may also be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Don't send me a "successful log-in" email. There's no need for the email when 2-factor authentication is turned on. I know I logged in and you know that it was me that logged in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Login Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Well, my real name is Coën, but i cant put a dubble dot on the e. I want to call myself CaptainCoën, but i cant do it. Can you help me with it please? I really want it, and i dont know why you guys blocked it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pretty much as described. I had someone enquire about this because they had one account with their current on stream name and while looking to find their rebranded name they registered it on a their stream testing account.

Since both account are registered to the same email address it would be nice to "switch" the usernames when the rebrand goes live. As it stands now they are stuck waiting while the name goes back into the name pool and hoping the name is freed up for the "main" account.

(and no one takes it during this time...)

Rebranding can take…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bom vamos lá. Está é minha conta secundária estou mandando mensagem por ela pois estou com problemas na principal, minha conta principal eu coloquei o nome do e-mail do jeito errado. Eu coloquei “gamil” em vez de gmail e por isso não estou conseguindo verificar a conta e nem resgatar produtos das lojas dos streamers gostaria que resolvessem esse problema e entrassem em contato. O nome da minha conta principal é (el_ch4p0lin) se vocês verificarem o e-mail que está la ele está digitado errado se puderem entre em contato por esse email que estou mandando agora por conta do problema…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Team Name:7 Wishes Esports
    Team Abbreviation:7WS
    Twitch account to edit the team page (only 1 account):
    Page URL* i.e., www.twitch.tv/team/teamname:
    *This cannot be changed once set

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I've accidentally changed my username. And I didn't even click on "Save Changes". And normally say you changed your password, e-mail, etc. for that account. You would have an e-mail sent for authorization to make sure it was you. So if you accidentally or someone changed your Twitch username. Instead of waiting 6 months to re-claim your Twitch username. You would get an email to authorize that change to the username.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Creating a feature to enable or disable to create pin code (3/4/5 digit) before login for authorized web pc or app. By having this feature, the authorized twitch app or web can be entered after by a pin. User need to input code digit before able to see home twitch screen as usual.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please submit twitch.tv for HSTS preloading (https://hstspreload.org/?domain=twitch.tv). This will help force the users' browsers to connect to the website using only HTTPS, even if they have never visited the website before.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It is so hard to sign in when I do not have a cell phone number for this authy app anymore. Please change this for ppl. This is make it so difficult to stream now. Please go back to the old twitch where I can sign in with just my email please!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like for an option within security to log out of the application every time it is closed. I don't like keeping things logged in and forget to logout from time to time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, users can change their names once every 60 days and old user names are recycled after at least 6 months. In my experience, it is not uncommon for users to want to switch back to an old name but they have to wait 6+ months to do it. I suggest allowing a user to change their name back at any time within that 6 month period (like https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310228-account-management-e-g-login-connections-pass/suggestions/42914982-revert-username-change), bypassing the 60 day rename cooldown (but the cooldown would apply after renaming back).

I suggest limiting the 6 month grace period to names with some level of activity (i.e.,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. when I log into my account sometimes it says im on new device or location, but im not, it hasnt moved and i used it earlier today. and then it bugs me for an email code and so forth.
    very annoying. shouldnt happen.
    thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd like to comment on something that I think it would be nice to have when changing your username, and what happens is that when you change your name the count on the number of subs you have gifted is reset and it's split in two different usernames (your old one and the new one). And, for instance, in the board of leadership of stream elements which is shown in some channels doesn't appear the total of subs concerning your account, and it's split in two as I said before. So, I think you could do something about that because…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. we need something where we can see what all devices are logged in so if its not are device we can change are password or to kick that device off are twitch account my friend keeps getting hacked and there's no option to check what devices are logged in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When Twitch Support is asked about the availability of an inactive display name, their response is always something about names being "recycled" eventually and to just keep trying. However, these names are given to new partners who ask for them immediately. I tried to get a particular name for YEARS, and kept getting the same response, but a new partner asked for it and it was handed over to her within seconds.

Suggestion: Be honest with the people who pay the bills.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it to where a person has 14 days to to reverse their name change but still make them not able to change it again for 30-60 days this will help people who cannot contact customer support to help them with unauthorized name change, or for other reasons has a little bit of time to make sure they actually decided to do it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have found a username that appears to be available but is blocked within your system due to an error.

The error shown is: "This user name may be offensive and is not allowed."

I have attempted to report this several times since October and have been met with the same policies regarding recycling and name changes when it does not apply to this situation.

If there is one name that is incorrectly being caught in your filter I'd assume other users may have this problem as well. If a username IS available and IS appropriate for use then I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?