Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

330 results found

1. This idea is already available via third-party websites but it'd be nice to have it implemented on the website because often times I will accidentally click ignore on someones name and not realize it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. when I log into my account sometimes it says im on new device or location, but im not, it hasnt moved and i used it earlier today. and then it bugs me for an email code and so forth.
    very annoying. shouldnt happen.
    thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. My YouTube channel was unlink, but it was working completely fine before. I didn't log out or anything of the sort. It was just working the other day, and only stopped working today. IDK what happened, but now I can't relink it. It only shows up with "Make sure the email you used for Twitch is the same as your google account." If anyone has any ideas or know how to fix it, pls let me know.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. streams that happen later that day or night. obviously it would depend on streamers making the notifications but i think they would since it would probably help with the lull of not many users watching when they first go live. also would be cool for the people watching, since they'd be more likely to catch their favorite streamers when they're on, since they can see that they will be and plan their day or whatever accordingly, instead of having to hope that when the streamer goes live, they happen to be able to watch the stream right then.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When activating my Twitch account on my Xbox One, I received a code to enter in at twitch.tv/activate that began with "***". Inappropriate combinations of letters should not be included in activation codes.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would like an option to sign up this way, as well as upgrade existing Twitch accounts to use this.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be cool if you could swap usernames. I for example own a cleaner name than the one I am on right now but I gained like 11K followers on the one with the less cool name. (I wasnt bothered by it at the time but I am now getting to a size where I wanna take it more serious and the cleaner name would be sick). ALSO it would be cool if you could contact someone with the name you want and ask him/her if he/she would be willing to give his/her username to you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allot of different websites offer this feature, but, how about making it so that if you somehow in someway can't login to your account after reporting missing credentials, it will offer you the chance to send the email about (e.g resetting your password) to an email that you can access.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have to go through **** to remove Twitch suggested **** channels from recommendation list. It **** me off to no end that I have to play this stupid game of searching for the channel from browse menu to hit 3 dots to say not interested. IF YOU PUT IT IN MY RECOMMENDED CHANNEL LIST LET ME CLICK IT RIGHT THERE AND END RECOMMENDATION! FURTHERMORE I AM GETTING REALLY SICK OF TWITCH PUSHING HALF NAKED CHICK CHANNELS ON ME! **** PUSHERS!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Users should be given priority to revert back to their old username once it becomes available rather than having to hope they can get it back. Also, users should NOT have to wait 6 months to try to get their name back. They should be allowed to revert back to their old name after the regular 60 day wait for a name change.

Also, Twitch NEEDS to update the warning when you go to change your username! Saying your username "will be released back into the pool of available usernames after 6 months" is not descriptive enough. I thought that…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Recently a 19 year old got susspended on Twitch indefinitley for being under age, this is not ok. Twitch should be absolutley sure about ages and not have an auto bot ban users falsly.
    This idea is all about having an ID registered into the accounts when creating them, using the candidate number, date of birth, ect. Basically a debit card for paying for bits, but with an ID registering the person behind the account and also verifying their age. If the ID is renewed then Twitch should ask the user to update their details with the new ID.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Why do I have to use just SMS code login options when I went through the process of verifying my email. I should be able to chose SMS or email verification and if I'm trying to change my SMS code phone number why does it send a code to the phone number I'm trying to change? why not send a email to my already verified email. When I'm trying to disable 2FA why isn't there a option to disable it via email as well? Also if you no longer have your phone number you had when you made the account…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This is hateful you are disrespecting us Affiliates, and Partners, we should get the rights since of sharing exclusive VODs (exclusivity rule) with Twitch, and are restricted for 24 hrs to reupload (reuploading someone who is going live often is really difficult), I mean you are already getting huge splits of revenue by us, then you disrespect even our names in cases if someone of us dies?
    Recycle your customers which are non-affiliates, our usernames stay our usernames as so in Steam, and YouTube, just because some ducks disrespect us eagles it does not mean you need to listen to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Apps on Windows 10/11 use Web Authentication Broker (special built-in UWP app) in order to securely authenticate a user.
    Unfortunately it still uses IE based web view. Causing this
    https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/2365592/145680353-6e0862a1-5251-4ee5-bf79-803a8e6f5a56.png
    You must add a special check and allow to open auth view in IE.

How to reproduce
    Install https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NN46KBBHL2W
    Try to authenticate

Expected behavior
    Twitch is opened in Web Authentication Broker and allows to authenticate

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to change my username from "Sym_Point" to "Point" and it says it's not available but no one has the username. What is that for?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This happens frequently, If i follow a channel because I want to check it out or see when its online the notifications are automatically enabled and then ill get a notification in the middle of the night

Added bonus if I then want to disable the notification on that channel I have to sit and watch an ad because it blocks the controls for this. So im either watching an ad at 4am or I'm likely forgetting and getting another notification the next day and getting woken up again.

note; would be mitigated if we could only get notifications during…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When you sign up for a new account you are asked to input a one time code through email.

Please implement the One Time Code for ALL, EXISITING & NEW accounts when logging in.

Context: I do not have an active cell phone, I live in an area that does not receive SMS Text for the login code, therefore I can't use Authy either. I've been trying to log back into my account for about 3 weeks at this point with help from friends, but to no avail it didn't work.

Conclusion: Please implement this into the login system, it…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hello! I welcome the new Twitch guidelines and support people doing their own content, as long as it's labelled properly.

Having said that, where I can see Twitch improve upon in terms of safety is something that Sony did a long time ago for PSN accounts: If you're under 18, your Twitch account has to be a mandatory supervised account by another Twitch account that's over 18. That way, anything M-rated and labelled with suggestive/sexual content could be forcefully filtered out for those supervised accounts and when the user turns 18, they get an option to remove said restrictions. It's…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allowing users to complete the Affiliate Application by using their Paypal or another method that doesn't include sharing their SSN would be a major step privacy wise.

If someone's SSN gets stolen, it can ruin them financially for years to come or even for life. This is why we are told never to share that number. Having a work around where we can file the taxes ourselves without having to give out our SSN to Twitch or Amazon would be beneficial to all involved and would help reduce the chances of people getting their SSN stolen.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?