Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

320 results found

1. I just want to watch a stream without jumping through hoops every single time

stop demanding I enter your emailed security code after I've already given my password

different device? - NO,
    use incognito? - NO
    frequently clear your cache? - NO
    use 2FA? - NO

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. My church is on twitch and a gentleman who set up the account and cameras also created the twitch account. I do the camera work, though, during the services.

Last week, the laptop we use to monitor the stream decided it wanted to verify it was us. I logged in and asked my partner to check his email and give me the code. He had forgotten his phone. Ugh.

It would be nice to choose options on how we want to get code: text or email. I could use my phone number to get the code that way and he…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. You need to implement a faster way to reactivate accounts, currently it takes up to 2 weeks, which i find absolutly rediculoius, twitter and fb are instant, your process looser streamers money and views and subs having to wait for so long, what happens if somone did it by accident, fix this major floor

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please can you add a button in the follower list that deletes all of the follower bots, I'm using a follower bot remover but it would be cool to implement this directly in the website

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When a user makes an account under Settings > Security and Privacy Have the user request for age verification to few streamers that are marked as 18+ this will lower the chanses of having a viewer under the age of 17. not saying it will stop it 100% but it will help ID the users that are over the age of 18.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Having a way of creating folders for groups. for example currently on the left sidebar when it shows channels live the list can span off the menu. Therefore, I am suggesting a way you can create folders such as 'Roleplay Channels' and then you can drag all those streamers into that folder. The side panel would then show a folder which we can colour or when hover displays the name to which can be expanded, to show the streamers within the folder.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To have the possibility of not receiving gift subscriptions in any channel. Currently, you can deactivate the receipt of gift subscriptions in channels that you don't follow but not in the ones you do follow, would be good to have an option to deactivate this completely regardless of whether you are a follower or not.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. At the time of posting this, Twitch says they recycle usernames that have no viewing or login activity for "at least 12 months", which sounds like some usernames will stay longer for reasons unexplained;
    and it's unclear if the "batches" being recycled is all usernames that meet the 12 month criteria, or if there is just a day/week/month of the year some undisclosed number of inactive usernames are removed and some 12 month inactive usernames just never make it into those batches;
    so I can't tell if a username I want to use that looks inactive is actually 12 months…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It's filling my email inbox with spam. I have a password, that should be enough for you. I want the verification gone. Forever.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Guys please read all of this and vote if you want this to happen. Much Appreciated.

There is a problem for years with any other TWITCH STREAMER especially who are AFFILIATES that they want a USERNAME of their choice but its been taken and used already by any other viewer who is not a streamer or anything. So, to solve this problem here is an idea and I know we all want this. So the idea is that when somebody SIGNUP on TWITCH they will get a RANDOM USERNAME including of random numbers and random alphabets generated by TWITCH. They…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. overlay for partnerplus progression , if we could have an over link to add onto our streams so people can see our progression towards partner plus that would be a big help , at the moment there isnt really a way we can show our viewers how far we are coming along

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allowing users the option to display preferred pronouns next to their username in chat with out an extension would be a welcoming addition

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Merging Twitch accounts.

Twitch is quite a young platform. But in the future the number of “dead” channels will increase, the so-called “Internet graveyard” will be formed. I propose, add a function “merge accounts”. Here's how it should work:
    For example, a user has two Twitch accounts (either his, or he was passed the data from the account, so to speak by inheritance). And the user wants to use the “merge accounts” function. He enters the data of both accounts (confirms). Then the user opens a page with the data of the two accounts (like a comparison table), the page…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Notifications are great, but not when you're at work. It would be great to have the option to set time frames to either receive notifications or to not receive notifications.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It is so hard to sign in when I do not have a cell phone number for this authy app anymore. Please change this for ppl. This is make it so difficult to stream now. Please go back to the old twitch where I can sign in with just my email please!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I think I just got shadow banned. The only thing that tipped me off was being invisible in chat all of a sudden. I checked, and no formal actions have been taken against my account. I am careful to follow community chat guidelines, and it's a big deal to me to be a positive presence in chat. I don't use abusive language or bots. I don't spam. I don't even stream, I'm just a viewer. Shadow banning is illegal in some countries, so I'm going to look into statutes around this to see if it's even allowed in the US.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When you select the "Prime gaming loot" button to the left of the notifications button, you are shown a list of notification of the possible loot to claim and for most you are able to clear these by clicking on the 'x' and it disappears but if it's the last of these notifications clicking the 'x' does nothing.

This was seen on chrome, ever since that tab's been updated to show the "All", "Free Games" and "Ending Soon" tabs

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Notifications are consistently failing its purpose, they notify users that we are live after 4-6 hours, this is terribly detrimental and force creators to use third parties to allow their communities to know they are live, also impacting their success and by extension, Twitch's success.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When an account gets banned it doesn't have access to the connections pannel anymore and so we can't unlink accounts (such as Steam, RiotGames or Epic Games accounts etc.) from it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Me and like many other people have been on this site for years building our stream and community’s. They one day we get to become affiliates, so we set up our 2-Factor Authentication but then we get locked out of our account and r unable to return because a bug doesn’t send sms code to our phones so we can log in the Authy never works so, the idea is to fix this so we won’t have to start new accounts.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?