Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

133 results found

1. I've accidentally changed my username. And I didn't even click on "Save Changes". And normally say you changed your password, e-mail, etc. for that account. You would have an e-mail sent for authorization to make sure it was you. So if you accidentally or someone changed your Twitch username. Instead of waiting 6 months to re-claim your Twitch username. You would get an email to authorize that change to the username.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I feel like Twitch sends out emails with an excessive amount of HTML in them. HTML emails are fine, but let's all try to keep things to a sane level.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want to change my username from "Sym_Point" to "Point" and it says it's not available but no one has the username. What is that for?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When you sign up for a new account you are asked to input a one time code through email.

Please implement the One Time Code for ALL, EXISITING & NEW accounts when logging in.

Context: I do not have an active cell phone, I live in an area that does not receive SMS Text for the login code, therefore I can't use Authy either. I've been trying to log back into my account for about 3 weeks at this point with help from friends, but to no avail it didn't work.

Conclusion: Please implement this into the login system, it…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be cool if you could swap usernames. I for example own a cleaner name than the one I am on right now but I gained like 11K followers on the one with the less cool name. (I wasnt bothered by it at the time but I am now getting to a size where I wanna take it more serious and the cleaner name would be sick). ALSO it would be cool if you could contact someone with the name you want and ask him/her if he/she would be willing to give his/her username to you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usernames  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ask your programmer that runs the IFTTT twitch department to create an applet that will "post to facebook and or twitter when a Streamer starts streaming to a community you created."

This applet would become a very powerful tool for community organizers/administrators to promote their communities streamers! thus bringing in more viewers to the twitch platform and streamer while easing our work load!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. i use Opera GX as my primary browser and I can't seem to log in I can view the website but can not log in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It's filling my email inbox with spam. I have a password, that should be enough for you. I want the verification gone. Forever.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Login Flow  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. when I log into my account sometimes it says im on new device or location, but im not, it hasnt moved and i used it earlier today. and then it bugs me for an email code and so forth.
    very annoying. shouldnt happen.
    thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Now that Twitch has enabled streamers to require phone number verification to use their chat, I and many others have had to add a verified mobile number to my account. The problem, however, is I can now reset my password via SMS, which I did not ask for. This is especially problematic because Twitch's 2FA solution can also be bypassed via a phone number that's required to set up 2FA at all, even if the user has a secure authenticator app, meaning an attacker with access to the user's phone number can defeat both factors. Twitch just suffered a data…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Before suspending users with inappropriate names, could you instead give them a 5 day warning to change? The suspension without warning seems very unnecessary if a person has had it for the longest time and suddenly got suspended. I believe lots of people could stop clogging suspension appeals with this, especially those who aren't genuine trouble makers with their names and people deserve second chances! Especially with usernames, my friend got suspended and there was no clear heads up on their suspension. They were watching a stream and bop! Banned without warning and for having an average name that never…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I forgot the password to my account and didn't receive a single password reset email. I tried to verify my account through customer support but they said they couldn't verify it. Being as I don't have any of the information they request linked to my account other than my email it's a bit redundant. If there was a way of verifying via linked account such as a PlayStation Network account, or via a Discord account, it could make the whole process much easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow us to connect to tiktok and upload highlights and clips direct.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Log IPs of all attempted logins to an account. This way we can report suspicious behavior to you and to authorities/banks when it occurs.

Reason being, I have received multiple 2FA codes on my phone and have no way to report these unauthorized attempts to access my account. I have changed my PW and am still receiving these codes. I have ran two separate virus checkers and come back empty from both.

Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  2FA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If someone has my email, phone number (optional of course), twitter username, instagram username, snapchat, facebook, youtube, or discord id etc, I would love for these people to be able to find my twitch profile with in the twitch eco system and not have to leave the site to try to find me
    Every other social profile I've had in my life time, has had an option to "import" contacts, I would love to see this be a native feature on twitch to help organic discoverability.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Creating a feature to enable or disable to create pin code (3/4/5 digit) before login for authorized web pc or app. By having this feature, the authorized twitch app or web can be entered after by a pin. User need to input code digit before able to see home twitch screen as usual.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please submit twitch.tv for HSTS preloading (https://hstspreload.org/?domain=twitch.tv). This will help force the users' browsers to connect to the website using only HTTPS, even if they have never visited the website before.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like for an option within security to log out of the application every time it is closed. I don't like keeping things logged in and forget to logout from time to time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Many people did it without thinking and while I agree they should have did some research before setting it to something stupid for it to look cool for like 3 seconds. I would just make a new account honestly if it didnt mean losing so many stuff gained over the years of streaming and chatting and watching people.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I currently get regular spam from this site as people sign up using my email address, and I have to delete the accounts myself.

It would be better (and standard practice) to force the email verification to be a mandatory part of account creation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Signup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?