Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

330 results found

1. like as you see in twitter you can add a samll cute emote next to the name and i think its gonna be a great idea to have one next to my name . like i love sushi too much so i wrote my name on twitter like this GouMiHo🍣 🍣

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. At Christmas, like everyone else, I received the recap and I was surprised to see that he was a moderator of 10 channels, of which 8 I don't know which ones they are and I think that many people mod without knowing who or they do it because that person is "famous" and they It is exciting to give these people a mod or vip rank. My suggestion is that in each one's settings it should be shown which channels it moderates and in which it is vip, to be able to reject both being a moderator and the vip…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Like to see your whole name history, from the beginning til’ the name you have currently, maybe it will be a nice feature, I kinda struggle to find out my old names, so it kinda would be nice for some people that want to know how they were named.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please also support the Brave browser which is Chrome based. You remove me like that, if not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change the phone number without need the linked account

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. numero de telefone nunca em uso mas diz que esta em uso numa outra conta,mas o numero e novo

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Consistently and annoyingly often I receive “unexpected errors” or similar when requesting password reset (which leads to me not being able to reset password for DAYS) or most recently being unable to simply add and verify my mobile number. It’s ridiculous and needs to be fixed. I cannot chat in some chats because they are verify only. Fix the whole app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have a few ideas that I think would be great changes to the username system. To start off I believe the "4 letter" name rule is far outdated I don't see an issue with 3 letter names being allowed, some user already have 3 letter names (I.E. XqC, ABE,Pat,Red) so it's 100% doable. Another change that I think would be great is to allow more characters/symbols in names, such as ( ' - ~ / \ | ) ETC. Including symbols diacritics (e.g. ú, ÿ, ç, å, ē) should also be allowed in usernames, they're already used in other…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Keep with a normal password requirement but lose the 2 factor junk. If someone enters their password wrong too many times temporarily lock the account and have the user unlock the account through their email while also advising the user of the attempts. This doesn't fix the issue of bad actors who know a users account name (unless user name and id can be seperate?) - giving the user a headache from having to keep unlocking their account through their email, but it doesn't/shouldn't inconvenience the majority of other users.
    I don't want 2 factor junk but am forced to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have two accounts and i want to swap usernames. Unfortunately, twitch does not support swap usernames even if you own both accounts.

if I did it the way we have changing username system right now. I will have to wait 6 months for the name I changed released again to available pool IF happens.

They mentioned in FAQ abandoned usernames might NOT BE RELEASED for some unknown reason! Even after 6 months passed!!

we want a guaranteed safe way to swap names easily like Twitter. why we can't do that? just let us swap names like any other website.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'd like to comment on something that I think it would be nice to have when changing your username, and what happens is that when you change your name the count on the number of subs you have gifted is reset and it's split in two different usernames (your old one and the new one). And, for instance, in the board of leadership of stream elements which is shown in some channels doesn't appear the total of subs concerning your account, and it's split in two as I said before. So, I think you could do something about that because…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PHONE NUMBER BUG. I removed my phone number from an old account and now that phone number cannot be used on any account even the on it was on before. FIX THIS SO I CAN USE TWITCH.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Many sites and developers will request ridiculously over-broad permissions when establishing a new connection. At present this can be worked around by altering the URL to trim excessive permissions, but is a hassle for sites that require re-authing every few days.

Adding checkboxes to each of the requested permissions to allow account-holders to remove over-requested (data-scraping) permissions and unsafe permissions would alleviate this greatly.

The only risk would be the third-party site erroring if an actually-used permission is deselected by the end user, while enhancing privacy prevention and user control to slap away over-invasive marketing data collection attempts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a better way for old people using the app or have a human suport to help new users on how to create a new account. I have did a tutorial it my self that can be accessed here http://djrudphd.com.br/entrartwitch/ but I gess that is not enough . I guess a that a phone number should be get automaticaly when on a form starts to be filled and after it be sent, Twitch could sent login infos in an SMS with login infos or a button or a link to do the first login where user can fill other options…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Now that sub/bit badges etc have been added to display on your profile when someone clicks on your name in chat. It would be nice to have the ability to hide these from public view if you want.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dans connexions je voulais me connecter a steam et j'ais eu "impossible de se connecter" alors j chercher et j'ais vu en tout petit Firefox a bloquer une fenetre popup et quand je l'ais ouverte c'étais la connexions a steam, si vous pouvez juste rajouter a coter de 'impossible de se connecter" vérifier si votre naviguateur ne bloque pas la fenetre popup ou quelque chose de se genre... sa faciliteras pas mal de personnes et pareille sur YT j'avais essayer sa ma mis erreur avec google en disant que mon mail n'étais pas connecter mais quand j activer la fenetre…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Don't push notifications of a streamer I'm already watching to me. If I've been watching them for 2 hours, then I already know they are live. I don't need another notification later. Especially when they are about to end the stream.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. whenever you follow someone you can chose where you get notified at, Twitter, Facebook, ETC, the ONE reason i don't watch twitch is because i don't know when their live

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I short while ago, I have changed my username from “PeenutShow” to “Peenut__” (three underlines).
    I was happy with the way the new username would be displayed so I went ahead with the change.

Unfortunately, the username does NOT get displayed the way it showed it would. The three “underlines” get displayed with gaps in between like this: “Peenut _ _ _ ”
    To me, this is a big deal because those gaps make the username look silly and absolutely not to my liking.
    I would have NEVER changed the name if your system had shown the future…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I can't tell you how long I've been trying to find how to change your name on here its honestly been really frustrating. I use twitch currently as a way to watch streamers as I don't stream myself.
    I made this account some time ago with an old name i no longer associate with. So I looked it up to see if its possible and I read that it is and how to do it.
    So I followed the steps on each site meticulously but to no avail was I ever able to even get to an option of changing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?