Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

59 results found

1. The gaming communities of Slavic and other languages are quite sizeable. It would be nice for them to have the same ability to set a Display Name in Cyrillic script just like there is the ability to have them in Japanese/Chinese/Korean.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi, I want to change my username but some bot-account already has it? Is it possible to Twitch delete the bot users so I can get the name that I want?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If you don't return a name after a name change for 6 months, allow me to switch back to one I had previously.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If someone goes by NameWasTaken and gets the emote prefix "name1" then changes their name to, say, NameVT, dont 'offer' the 'randomly generated' Prefix of "name1" to them again if they already have it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. make asian usernames only visable to people with their browser in that language

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. My username is my real name. Is this allowed?

Twitch's guideline on doxxing says that's it's malicious sharing (https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Preventing-Doxxing-Swatting-and-other-IRL-Harm?language=en_US) but I'm not being malicious when I use my name...

The username policy (https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Usernames?language=en_US) says nothing against what I've done, so I'm confused.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. like as you see in twitter you can add a samll cute emote next to the name and i think its gonna be a great idea to have one next to my name . like i love sushi too much so i wrote my name on twitter like this GouMiHo🍣 🍣

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Like to see your whole name history, from the beginning til’ the name you have currently, maybe it will be a nice feature, I kinda struggle to find out my old names, so it kinda would be nice for some people that want to know how they were named.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have a few ideas that I think would be great changes to the username system. To start off I believe the "4 letter" name rule is far outdated I don't see an issue with 3 letter names being allowed, some user already have 3 letter names (I.E. XqC, ABE,Pat,Red) so it's 100% doable. Another change that I think would be great is to allow more characters/symbols in names, such as ( ' - ~ / \ | ) ETC. Including symbols diacritics (e.g. ú, ÿ, ç, å, ē) should also be allowed in usernames, they're already used in other…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have two accounts and i want to swap usernames. Unfortunately, twitch does not support swap usernames even if you own both accounts.

if I did it the way we have changing username system right now. I will have to wait 6 months for the name I changed released again to available pool IF happens.

They mentioned in FAQ abandoned usernames might NOT BE RELEASED for some unknown reason! Even after 6 months passed!!

we want a guaranteed safe way to swap names easily like Twitter. why we can't do that? just let us swap names like any other website.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'd like to comment on something that I think it would be nice to have when changing your username, and what happens is that when you change your name the count on the number of subs you have gifted is reset and it's split in two different usernames (your old one and the new one). And, for instance, in the board of leadership of stream elements which is shown in some channels doesn't appear the total of subs concerning your account, and it's split in two as I said before. So, I think you could do something about that because…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I short while ago, I have changed my username from “PeenutShow” to “Peenut__” (three underlines).
    I was happy with the way the new username would be displayed so I went ahead with the change.

Unfortunately, the username does NOT get displayed the way it showed it would. The three “underlines” get displayed with gaps in between like this: “Peenut _ _ _ ”
    To me, this is a big deal because those gaps make the username look silly and absolutely not to my liking.
    I would have NEVER changed the name if your system had shown the future…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I can't tell you how long I've been trying to find how to change your name on here its honestly been really frustrating. I use twitch currently as a way to watch streamers as I don't stream myself.
    I made this account some time ago with an old name i no longer associate with. So I looked it up to see if its possible and I read that it is and how to do it.
    So I followed the steps on each site meticulously but to no avail was I ever able to even get to an option of changing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. After a user changes their name, the old name forwards to the new name until the old name has been recycled for reuse.

Reason: Some cases exist where it is not feasible to spend the time to change all old links to the new link such as in youtube descriptions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My bf just got banner for nothing… And Twitch ignores him, please help me for TRUE AND JUSTICE!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If a name is awaiting recycling don't show it as available when you add a new one. I have had this frustration for a while because I originally didn't understand when I would get "available" but it was just an error when trying to set the change of username to specific ones with no other explanation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Naam verandering verdienende accounts moet makkelijker gaan.

Voorbeeld: een niet verdienend account (niet partner/affiliate) heeft een naam die een affiliate of partner wil. Dan zou de partner/affiliate een aanvraag kunnen doen voor een naamruil. Dit omdat de partner/affiliate geld verdient voor de twitch site en de non dat niet doet. Zo heeft de verdienende streamer de naam die hij wil.

(volgensmij is dit er alleen voor partners en zou dit voor affiliates ook makkelijker moeten kunnen)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ユーザー名の変更と同じ60日期限付きでよいので、表示名をユーザー名の大文字小文字違いだけでなく、日本語含むものへと変更したい
    特に、過去、日本語への変更ができなかった時に変更してしまったために、変更できないのは不便である。

1 vote