Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There should definitely be an option to log out of all devices. Even if you log out from one device, or change your password, you will still be logged in on all devices you haven't logged out from. I really tried to find an option to log out of all but couldn't find one.

I found this "bug" when I logged out and changed my password. A few days later my friend messaged me that he still has access to my twitch (I was on his computer and forgot to log out). It's not a huge problem for me because…

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I have a personal account and an account to stream with my trivia company. I would like to be able to switch between them without logging out. More importantly, I'd like them each to have their own themes--currently if I log out of one and into the other, it still uses the custom theme I built for the other account. Any changes I make with persist if I switch accounts again. Bind layouts saves to accounts locally / store them in the cloud but also allow users to share their layouts (or access any layout saved locally).

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Right now people can create several accounts with just a new e-mail address (or delete an old account and create a new one). People that are harassing streamers usually does this, and it's unacceptable.

Twitch needs to do something about this, because it's gone too far. Bind accounts with a mobile number and let the owner change his/her name Once, because the name we chose 2 years ago might not be suitable today.

When a user register a new account on Twitch, they need to verify their identity with their phone number (for example sending a code via SMS that…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The authentication page for viewers, should have a dark mode.

Either set by ?queryString or autodetect the users Twitch theme selection (or both)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There are channels i don't want to see on my feed, and there are games that i am no longer wanting to see on my feed. At the moment the only way to block a channel is to report it; it would be nice to have the ability to hide/block channels and games from the feed altogether so i can see actual content i'm interested in

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. We should be allowed to change our age because my account is my older brothers old account and because of this my age is not accurate

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a feature to the sidebar panel to allow us to categorize the streamers we follow into "folders" that we can collapse/uncollapse similar to Discord server features. Some of us follow a LOT of people and if we are looking to watch a certain kind of content it can be frustrating to go through the whole list to find what we're looking for.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Authenticate a PC across all of your platforms. Example: Twitch Web and Desktop App, Broadcasting software (StreamLabs OBS), etc.

Right now, after re-installing my Windows, I had to request an SMS authentication code for Web, Twitch App Desktop and StreamLabs OBS. Since I had to reset my password (forgot it once again, since I am not allowed to have an Easy password) I have totally requested 3 sms messages. After which I get locked out and I couldn't get a code for the Desktop Twitch App for that period of time, on the same PC.

Authenticating the PC uniquely, without…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When linking your twitch to your discord, it auto gives subs to subs that have linked their account, now what would be good is that if this also could happen with VIP's!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hi guys!

If you follow 50+ channels on twtich, it can be hard to keep track on who's streaming but you also don't wanna unfollow channels which you just watch every now and then. I suggest that there is an option where you can create custom folders that you can name however you want.

i.e.: A Priority, B Priority, C Priority.
    or: League of Legends, Shooters, IRL, others

Not sure if this is the right place for this idea but I hope i managed to make my point clear. I would love to hear your opinion on this!

Cheers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I feel like Twitch sends out emails with an excessive amount of HTML in them. HTML emails are fine, but let's all try to keep things to a sane level.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A channel for stream audio (game sound and streamer voice) and a second channel for the streamer background music. In my opinion this would help both sides.
    Viewers: will be able to select the background music volume. sometimes you just want to enjoy the game without background music that doesnt match your mood.
    Streamers: Makes it easier to keep audience since they will not have to deal with making everyone happy with the music.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would appreciate the option to see open sessions of my Twitch account and close them manually if they are no longer necessary or desired.

This would be for security and peace of mind that no one else is purposing Twitch accounts without a user's permission and potentially causing issues in various chats.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When you sign up for a new account you are asked to input a one time code through email.

Please implement the One Time Code for ALL, EXISITING & NEW accounts when logging in.

Context: I do not have an active cell phone, I live in an area that does not receive SMS Text for the login code, therefore I can't use Authy either. I've been trying to log back into my account for about 3 weeks at this point with help from friends, but to no avail it didn't work.

Conclusion: Please implement this into the login system, it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change Notification settings UI for all platforms into a table. The settings are repetitive and it would save space as well. Plus there's so much energy to internally put brainpower into setting personal notification preferences (email, web, mobile notifications)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Many sites and services have a function to request all account data, from personal messages to changing nicknames. I would like to see this feature

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Add active sessions in the settings so that you can log out of devices
    2. Log in only through trusted IP addresses
    3. Make a history of account suspension (reason, suspended time).
    4. Make the support service as normal (priority, response time) and in the refusal to appeal, write the exact reason why you do not want to unblock the user
    5. Provide live chat and email support
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In respect of GDPR in Europe, you have to provide a way to get all informations processed by your services.

• Ads providers
    • Videos URLS stored in your cdn
    • Segmentation ads
    • Followers list
    • Followings list
    • Assets (images) as affiliate and partners
    • History navigation
    • Privates messages
    • Scoring recommandations for pushing content
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If you accidently unfollow someone it you lose your followage, I think it should save the date you originally followed a streamer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I think twitch should become a social media for gamers and watchers. It's something you should be working on. Think about 2 friends watching shroud or ninja or a competitive match of ESL. They would love to be able to talk to one another through a voice connection. Being able to talk when they watch will make it more enjoyable.

I am not going to use it myself because not many people in India watch twitch. I just think that Twitch is a great community and this would help twitch get an edge above youtube.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?