Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Could we please move away from the Authy only 2FA implementation currently used and provide standard TOTP and QR codes?

This would work much better for people who already have a stack of 2FA accounts in other solutions, remove reliance on a single application, fix issues with support (eg. Windows Phone), remove the need for a phone number (important for younger users I'd imagine) and generally increase flexibility and usability of 2FA for everyone by not locking us into a proprietary implementation.

122 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be really nice to use a usb device for 2auth (something like the yubikeys).

67 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Also provide other options for 2FA apps not just Authy

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SMS as 2FA is well known to be the least secure of the methods available but still a better option than no 2FA at all, but I suggest an option to disable it as a fallback after having enabled Authy to lessen the security risks to the user account. You could learn from others mistakes such as Reddit's: https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/08/password-breach-teaches-reddit-that-yes-phone-based-2fa-is-that-bad/

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. the need to use other time based 2FA without the need of a SMS capable phone to use. Many sites now uses 2FA and a single platform to build it around doesn't make sense.

please use a open system

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/two-factor-authentication?language=enUS#Emotes?ttcontent=twofactoremoterewards&ttmedium=notification_center it says that "When you set up Two-Factor Authentication on your account, an Authy account is automatically created for you even if you choose to actively use an alternative authentication app. This means you can fill out Authy’s Phone Change Form and recover access to your account." I don't need you creating an Authy account behind my back. You have to give us the option to undo this.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. This just ruins twitch altogether, please please please go back to singing in with email.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The iOS app has this annoying habit of logging me out of the app seemingly at random, and with no input at all on any other device. This is very disruptive as I have 2FA set up on my account, and to log in I have to both provide my password and an auth code that may/may not be easy to get to depending on whether I have my auth code generator to hand.

The iOS app never used to randomly log out, so the question is why is it doing it now. I'm aware of the "30 days" feature…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mehrshad

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. i lost my phone and needed to make a new authy account. idk my old number but i do know my email adress. so i changed the number hooked it up to my email adress thinking everything is fine. when i go to twitch to try to change the place it sends authy number codes for verification it wants to go straight to an sms number to the other phone i dont have.
    also when it tells me to connect a new account (twitch) using the authy app
    all it does is tell me to scan a qr code or…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add support for using one or more hardware U2F tokens for 2FA, e.g. Yubikey, Solokeys, etc. devices. Please also add this as a stand-alone 2FA option that does not require a mobile phone or other authentication application if possible.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Log IPs of all attempted logins to an account. This way we can report suspicious behavior to you and to authorities/banks when it occurs.

Reason being, I have received multiple 2FA codes on my phone and have no way to report these unauthorized attempts to access my account. I have changed my PW and am still receiving these codes. I have ran two separate virus checkers and come back empty from both.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. What is the point of having a QR code option if we can't use it unless we have a phone number?

You should give us the option to use a QR code with any authenticator app instead of using a phone number!

I'm getting so fed up of everyone wanting a phone number from me, I don't have a phone because it's a waste of money because I never use it!

I've had various mobile phones for 20 years and I rarely used them because I don't see the point of using a phone to talk to people when I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. when you look in the privacy settings in your account, you can see the full phone number for your 2FA. Can this be blocked? When changing and entering into privacy, pw and 2fa is enabled again. amazon does this and I feel that they are taking our privacy seriously. 2FA just doesn't do it anymore, esp if you can bypass it the first time

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I do not want to stream on twitch, i do not want to be innately apart of any streaming program. If there are to be creator tools or a creator dashboard separate all creator and developer tools

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?