Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

9 results found

1. I would love to be able to have the option for Google Authentication to be integrated into your current 2-Factor Authentication system. Hypothetically, if I were to misplace or brake my phone, it would take some time for me to be able get a new device in which time I would not be able to reenter my Twitch account. I mod for channels, work with creators and would feel awful if I was not able to continue supporting and working for them as I do.

It was also just be an ease of access thing, where I have all of…

510 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. under our settings tab now that we can add our telephone numbers, please give a 'click to reveal' phone number option or have it changed to "show the last 2 digits of your phone number here"

many streamers may explore the stream dashboard when they're live and one click of a mouse button and now a streamers telephone number is viewable. this is an oversight please add this feature.

https://www.twitch.tv/settings/security

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  mouse responded

We’re exited to announce that we’ve added a default masking function for contact info on our Security and Privacy settings page!

You’ve asked us to make it easier to avoid revealing personal info when you browse our website on-stream, so we added an extra click to reveal email addresses and phone numbers to help prevent accidental leaks of contact information on this page.

Thank you all for this helpful idea!

3. As everyone knows, the ability to change usernames has recently come out. However, a few months ago I came across people changing their localized display names. I decided to change it myself, and on the Twitch information page on localized display names (https://blog.twitch.tv/localized-display-names-e00ee8d3250a#.n56ey7691) it is NOT noted that this is a permanent feature. When I changed mine, I did not know I was unable to change it back, and I expect that there was a warning in Japanese (as you have to change to the language to change it), but I cannot read Japanese and when I used…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. On February 13th, 2015, all remaining Justin.tv accounts were deleted, yet all the usernames that were used back then are still locked. I would really love to have one of those usernames to start broadcasting on Twitch.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it a paid option so no trolls can mess around with the names and impersonate others easily. I'd be down to pay a $20 for a name change.

This is a solid option and Twitch deserves it.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Many sites and services have a function to request all account data, from personal messages to changing nicknames. I would like to see this feature

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. https://twitter.com/thundergod97/status/1038248476948213760 my twitter thread about this.

1. Option to always send an email (obviously not everyone wants this so it should be an OPTION. I use email notifications as a history of when people have gone live. I also get push notifications of emails from that email address on my phone, so I can tell when people have gone live.

2. Base it actually on ACTIVITY. If I have browser windows at home open to twitch that does not mean I am ACTIVE on twitch. You should be able to tell when I'm active because I'm chatting or I'm clicking around the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add support for Google Authenticator or Another alternative beside Authy

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. General feature request for a toggle button to flip email notifications from all on to all off, or just an implementation on an inverse function on some sort would also be nice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?