Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I've been wanting to change my display name for a while, but every time I tried it gave me a not very specific error for it. Turns out, you can't have the same display name as other people. Why? This is counterproducent for those people who just set their given or family name as display names, so those who wish to put their name as "Tanaka" have to somehow change the spelling of their name to be allowed to have it? That doesn't make sense, the display name doesn't even overrid the normal username, so why do they both have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently as a twitch user, I can click on a "Streamer's Schedule" to see that specific streamers schedule. I would like to have a section called "My Calandar" or "Today's Scheduled Streams" link, along with the other subscriptions, creater dashboard.... sections. On this My Calandar page it would show a calandar day/week/month with all the streamers THAT I FOLLOW. This would give users an easy way to see what I could be watching and/or planning to watch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Seria bom uma opção de ver os aparelhos conectados e os seus detalhes: como ip, marca, localização e o modo que está conectado ou que tentou entrar, também tendo como renomear o nome do aparelho, assim como tem na Google, eu peço isso, pois invadiram a minha conta e só percebi isso 2 meses depois, e se tivesse isso, não teria rolado essa invasão e sim, eu olhei os e-mails e não tinha 1 indicando que entraram na minha conta

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Seria bom uma opção de ver os aparelhos conectados e os seus detalhes: como ip, marca, localização e o modo que está conectado ou que tentou entrar, também tendo como renomear o nome do aparelho, assim como tem na Google, eu peço isso, pois invadiram a minha conta e só percebi isso 2 meses depois, e se tivesse isso, não teria rolado essa invasão e sim, eu olhei os e-mails e não tinha 1 indicando que entraram na minha conta

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello Twitch,

I'd love to request the opportunity for Twitch to explore the creation of a "Cancer Awareness Month" similar to Twitch's other monthly movements such as Black History Month and Women's History Month and highlights the importance of cancer awareness and prevention through resources and donations.

As a cancer survivor, cancer has become an extremely common disease that likely affects a huge population of Twitch's userbase. Creating a month of awareness would be a huge opportunity to showcase huge amounts of creators and their families who are currently experiencing or battling cancer or overcome cancer, an opportunity to provide…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This is hateful you are disrespecting us Affiliates, and Partners, we should get the rights since of sharing exclusive VODs (exclusivity rule) with Twitch, and are restricted for 24 hrs to reupload (reuploading someone who is going live often is really difficult), I mean you are already getting huge splits of revenue by us, then you disrespect even our names in cases if someone of us dies?
    Recycle your customers which are non-affiliates, our usernames stay our usernames as so in Steam, and YouTube, just because some ducks disrespect us eagles it does not mean you need to listen to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I feel that it would be a good idea to make it possible to find someone with your desired username, in the case that you want to remove the numbers from your name, ex. (JohnnyCowboy_21 turning into JohnnyCowboy)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The entire "Help" area is set up entirely on the assumption that everyone comes to Twitch to create content. There is absolutely no support for anyone who comes to Twitch to follow content created by others.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! 

What kind of content would you like to see added to our Help site? We try to make articles applicable to people who view and create content, but if there is missing content you were looking for I would be happy to share that with our team. 

9. Entering a phone number either to verify for chat or entering for 2FA, the code won't send.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If you change your username, you should have the option for the old username to become available for grabs instantly, instead of REQUIRING a 6 month wait for the name to become available. It can be useful if you need to swap usernames on accounts, so you don't have to wait half a YEAR just to do so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. SO when we join after a long time or was insecure about twitch when joining you may wanted to see your twitch account and when you joined or want to change your birth date. i was thinking if you changed your birth day then if you were verified then it will remove it or we can have a 1 time pass where you can change your birth dayonly one that's it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Error updating phone number Only mobile phone numbers may be used." This is the message I get when I try to add my mobile phone to my account. I don't know why it wont send me the code. I have had a mobile number for years. Any help would be appreciated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I tried to reach twitch support, I couldn't find it, but it would be good if you fix the phone verification system as soon as possible because I previously logged into my account with my phone, then I closed that account and opened another account. I want to verify the account, but I can't, please help, I'm starting to broadcast slowly. love

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It is kinda irritating when someone already has the user name you want to use and there is no way to facilitate asking or paying paying for a name trade. I am sure a lot of people that do not actually stream and only watch twitch would not mind too much to give up their name if someone asked for it and even fewer if they where compensated for it. Even those that do stream could probably even give up their name if someone payed enough for them, because names can be important for recognition and people are willing to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please Fix 2 fa so it works with all phones. I am currently having to find a work around because MY cell carrier is NOT supported. it is preventing me from getting my affiliate that is B.S. There should be another option to authenticate other than cell phone OR your system should just send a code out to what ever # i put in even if it is not on some list. this is crazy as my Number works for every other site on internet!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Using textnow (with subscription) in order to verify your phone number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How about easing up on the name calling bans, let me play David Allen Coe like the blacks play the word. The word "***," like all words, is simply an instrument with which to convey ideas. No word is inherently evil. In fact, black artists have been putting the word to righteous use for years. I won't put another penny into twitch if the ban of whites using *** and allowing blacks using ****** to continue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The site https://meetups.twitch.tv/ does not have the ability to change email addresses and does not respect email address change to your twitch account.

Ideally when a user changes their twitch email address it should update all twitch operated sites like feedback, uservoice, dev forums, etc where your twitch account is used to log in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Wie Kann es sein das ich jeden Tag mein Twitchkonotbestätigen muss um in irgndwelchen chats schreiben zu können!!!! Das ist dochb mobbig !!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Que aparezcan todas las conexiones de twitch con otras cuentas por que no aparecen todas y no puedo eliminar una en especifico que quiero

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?