Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

329 results found

1. É muita burocracia para se redefinir uma senha, todas as vezes que preciso editar alguma coisa tenho que enviar um reset de senha pq as senhas que normalmente usamos para outros sites vocês dizem ser fracas e não deixa colocar, senha com letras maiúsculas, minúsculas, caracteres especiais e números e mesmo assim pra vocês é fraca. Mudem isso! Sem falar que vocês já mandam um código no e-mail então pra que tanta burocracia na senha.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adding the ability to add an apostrophe to display names.
    The name I use online is [Kori'to] but when I have it on Twitch, I can't use an apostrophe in either my username or display name so it looks like [Korito]. Is it possible to allow for adding apostrophes in either the username or display name? That would be a nice addition.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. One of the charities channel owners I stream for uses StreamerBot, SB from here on. Many of the commands and such are on his PC. He's not able to share the commands and such when he uses SB as SB has the user sign into their Twitch account. It would nice to allow people who stream for charities to use there own password for logging into the channel, but only as a non-admin. So let's say I want to stream for the charity and use SB. I cannot use SB right now as it calls for me to sign into…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. At Christmas, like everyone else, I received the recap and I was surprised to see that he was a moderator of 10 channels, of which 8 I don't know which ones they are and I think that many people mod without knowing who or they do it because that person is "famous" and they It is exciting to give these people a mod or vip rank. My suggestion is that in each one's settings it should be shown which channels it moderates and in which it is vip, to be able to reject both being a moderator and the vip…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please stop automatically turning off notifications for streamers I haven't watched for a while. At the very least, either give me an option in the email to revert the changes, or be smart enough to know which I have manually re-enabled so as to stop making them part of the next wave. I'm not on Twitch often, but I like knowing when certain friends are online, and it drives me absolutely crazy to have to go seek out each person from a long list of subs and manually re-enable the notifications every time the algorithm decides I don't need them…

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please consider adding a new feature called PassKey for an even more secure way to log In to your account on the Twitch Mobile App on iOS. PassKey allows you to login to your account without a password instead you receive a text with a code on your mobile device that you use to log In. Please consider adding this additional more secure login feature In a near future update. Please!!! Thank You

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enhancement Request:
    User can have the functionality/ability to create and change an Alias Name, separate from the User/Streamer name as long as the user has a Twitch channel.

For example
    User Name: JohnConnor
    URL: www.twitch.tv/johnconnor
    Alias: Jonnor

The Alias Jonnor can be displayed in the profile, in his channel and the Channel Explorer list on the Twitch homepage. And this is optional, the user can display the username as usual, or the Alias name.

This is very similar to social networking platforms, where users have their usernames and nicknames apart.

In addition, to avoid problems in the community, aliases must…

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently when you change your username, your ticket product (the name that appears on subscription receipts) stays as your old username. Please make it match your current username so people don't refund subs thinking they are subscribed to someone else.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When you go to change your username, there is no confirmation to make sure the change was intentional. It should ask for a confirmation if you are making a 2-6 month commitment. It should just ask "You are about to change your username, is this correct?" As it is now, you can be trying out different things and if you accidentally hit enter, then you have to live without a username of your choosing for 2-6 months. I am really shocked this hasn't been implemented. I can't even look at a website without confirming my choices about cookies, but I…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Like to see your whole name history, from the beginning til’ the name you have currently, maybe it will be a nice feature, I kinda struggle to find out my old names, so it kinda would be nice for some people that want to know how they were named.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello please I have a problem with twitch refuse all my number phone and refuse help me

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 months ago, I changed all of my usernames for privacy reasons. Now, I’ve changed every username back with the exception of twitch. Twitch is apparently only allowing you to change to new usernames, and if you want your old one back, you have to wait for SIX MONTHS. This is absolutely insane. This is completely awful for my branding, and I’m sure is for others. Having a unified brand everywhere is so important for establishing an online identity, and requiring half of a year if you want a previous username back is an absolutely ludicrous policy, especially when this…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Olá,
    Porque não usar Token por email?
    @Twitch poderiam por uma nova opção na parte de Token que poderia ser assim...
    Selecionar Token por email...
    Ou
    Selecionar Token por número de telemóvel...
    Acho que seria melhor quando o "Streamer/Usuário" fosse fazer login da sua respectiva conta...
    Espero que quem esteja a ler isto vote :3

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. While using Firefox Multi-Account Containers, it is not possible to log on into Twitch.
    The returned error message is always "Your browser is not currently supported.". Logging in on the same Firefox instance (ver. 108.0.1) without using a container for Twitch works. According to the web developer tools, there seems to be a problem with the Integrity service, especially a non-descriptive cloudfront error resulting in a 400 http error code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Poder cambiar de mail porque necesito cambiar mi mail para poder entrar a mi cuenta ya que con el mail que está mi cuenta ya no puedo entrar y ya mande msj y nadie ma ayuda

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The password recovery with the email is not working (checked and not the email provider's fault). I tried to solve it with the support but after a handful of emails they just closed the ticket with this: they really want to help, but cannot. I just wanted them to send that recovery mail to the email adress that belongs to that twich account but they "unfortunately cannot help".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. At the time of posting this, Twitch says they recycle usernames that have no viewing or login activity for "at least 12 months", which sounds like some usernames will stay longer for reasons unexplained;
    and it's unclear if the "batches" being recycled is all usernames that meet the 12 month criteria, or if there is just a day/week/month of the year some undisclosed number of inactive usernames are removed and some 12 month inactive usernames just never make it into those batches;
    so I can't tell if a username I want to use that looks inactive is actually 12 months…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi, I want to change my username but some bot-account already has it? Is it possible to Twitch delete the bot users so I can get the name that I want?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please also support the Brave browser which is Chrome based. You remove me like that, if not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think that including the stream category directly in the notification, can save us some space. And no more need to specify it when I launch my stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?