Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

330 results found

1. Allow me to put in a Landline phone number for VPN, and an automated Twitch calls with the 6 digit code. Not everyone has mobile phones.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When creating my account, I was stuck on what username to use. Twitch showed a message during the sign up which said something like "Don't worry, you can change this later."

So I thought, ok I'll just put anything for now, and once my account is set up, I can change it to something else.

But after I finished making my account, I went to the settings to find I had to wait 2 months before I could change my name!

I feel like I was provided some false reassurance and now I'm stuck for 2 months with a name…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'm tired of twitch tv sending a verification code to my email. I use twitch on my cell phone for cromecast. Then when I watch twitch on the computer, I have to verify the code and go to g-mail to look at the ****** number series and verify. This verification is constant and feels like ****.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi, every time I receive a login verification email code on my phone (iPhone), I have to manually zoom in on the screen to properly read the verification code. I know it's OH so exhausting lol, but it's just one more additional step in a process that nobody really wants to go through every time. Can you just make the lettering bigger in the first place, please? Cheers! :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We should be able to put spaces in usernames. Especially for people like me in a gaming clan that i cofounded with my friend (GXR), its super important.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I wanted to see the people who gifted me a subscription but it's not possible because the notifications disappear. I would suggest creating a space to see the subscriptions received.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To have the possibility of not receiving gift subscriptions in any channel. Currently, you can deactivate the receipt of gift subscriptions in channels that you don't follow but not in the ones you do follow, would be good to have an option to deactivate this completely regardless of whether you are a follower or not.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please fix the account view where in the mobile view the it doesn't show a profile, picture and everything is messed up indluding some pictures that are shown with broken photo icons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As it stands, there is not a way for banned (wrongfully or otherwise) streamers to access their tax information. Banned streamers can only access the appeals portal, meaning, even if they use taxcentral.amazon.com, they can not view/download or access their tax information. If you are not going to mail 1099's then you must fix this issue and provide a means for banned streamers to rightfully access their tax documents, withholding tax information is illegal and each grievance filed for failure to do so is $250, there is also no HR or Billing information provided nor is there an option to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. there needs to be a way to disable 2fa without having a phone number or needing to sign into authy (which requires a phone number as well). i have gone through your automated support since December of last year with no resolution other than "Our policy is typically to not remove Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) under any circumstance, as doing so would defeat the purpose of your account having that extra level of protection.

When reviewing the information provided for the account we were unable to verify ownership and as a result, we will not be able to remove 2FA from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The gaming communities of Slavic and other languages are quite sizeable. It would be nice for them to have the same ability to set a Display Name in Cyrillic script just like there is the ability to have them in Japanese/Chinese/Korean.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Maybe dont send Emails Containing Fake chats, like "we miss username", to bad that they are not here. Are you competing with Youtube on not respecting your community?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. my bio has misspelled words in it along with parts I'm trying to update before I start streaming. I'm trying to refine it you see. since it has under 300 characters it should be good but it keeps bugging out. saying I have more than 300 and refusing to update. can someone please help fix this ********. PS there don't seem to be option to report a problem going on with your own bio other than getting yourself banded might want to address that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Nobody here is oblivious to the knowledge that tons of people are having difficulty logging into twitch and that twitch's "suggestions" for fixing this issue never work usually leaving a lot of people with an unsatisfying "we've extended all troubleshooting options so we'll be closing this ticket" and still being locked out of their account.

Well I've gone out of my way to find a potential solution for this problem until Twitch actually decides to fix the login issue and that is to provide an option on the login screen to force a 2FA check which tends to fix the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The password requirements are truly insane for the average user. I shouldn't need a password so secure that it'd take years to *****, I need a password I can remember. This is a streaming site.

If a streamer wants a super secure password, they can make that themselves, but imposing insane guidelines on people who just want to follow a few people is super annoying.

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. like as you see in twitter you can add a samll cute emote next to the name and i think its gonna be a great idea to have one next to my name . like i love sushi too much so i wrote my name on twitter like this GouMiHo🍣 🍣

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You may create additional Twitch accounts at any time as long as you comply with the Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.
    https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/creating-an-account-with-twitch?language=ja

Can be created but not used. lol

Manage and use 5 accounts with different concepts at the same time.
    Do you think it is good? Do you think it is bad?

〇 mobaimobue
    〇 murabitob777
    〇 murabitoc777
    × murabitox777
    × murabitoy777

〇 Accounts currently available for both login and use
    × Currently login is not available, password reset is not available, and administrative use is not available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, if a user is logged in to multiple Amazon accounts (in my case, I am always logged in to amazon.com and amazon.co.jp because I live in Japan), Prime Loot links take me to my amazon.com account and say I am not a Prime member. However, my Prime is with amazon.co.jp and that is what is linked to Twitch. I often can't claim certain loot without logging out of amazon.com and clearing cookies with forces me to re-authenticate on every single website I use. Twitch should know my region and should default to the Amazon account where I have linked…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If a user has passed away, and this can be verified with an obituary or a death certificate, it would be nice if Twitch could auto-cancel any subscriptions coming from that channel, and give the channel a special badge that indicates that this user has passed away, or change the bio to say "Legacy Account" in front of whatever has been written in the bio (if anything), or above the username.

It may even be nice to add a comment section so people can leave a nice memory, sign a guest book, so to speak (this could be moderated by…

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?