Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

320 results found

1. Can't unfollow the Resident Evil 4 (2005) category. Clicking on it directs you to the Resident Evil 4 Remake category which you can follow/unfollow separately.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Why do I have to use just SMS code login options when I went through the process of verifying my email. I should be able to chose SMS or email verification and if I'm trying to change my SMS code phone number why does it send a code to the phone number I'm trying to change? why not send a email to my already verified email. When I'm trying to disable 2FA why isn't there a option to disable it via email as well? Also if you no longer have your phone number you had when you made the account…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It is next to impossible to change to a new username for two reasons:

1. The majority of user accounts are people that view only and don't want to stream. There are 140 million active users and only 7 million streamers!!!
    2. It takes forever for an inactive or closed account to release the username, much longer than the "advertised" 6 months, and it's been already 8 years since you said you'll do something about it.

A good idea would be to use aliases/discretionary usernames for existing and new users that are not affiliate/partner (active streamers), like discord with the #xxxx. Once…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. bonjour mon idée serait d'avoir des pseudo avec des lettre en couleur car cela serait bien plus fun vous ne pensait pas
    merci

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This is a kind of bug report.
    When I connect from Discord to Twitch,
    Discord didn't appear in Twitch connections page.
    https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections
    As a result, when I'm streaming in twitch, my Discord status doesn't turn into "Streaming".
    Of course I enabled streamer mode.

This issue seems to occur for seven years.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/4jv325/status_doesnt_turn_purple_when_streaming/
    One of my friends also failed, but the others succeeded.

I solved this by repeating reconnecting until Discord appeared in Twitch connections page.

The connection processing should be reviewed.
    This issue is not from Discord to Twitch, but from Twitch to Discord.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sue Twitch in oblivion and the company behind the livestream https://www.twitch.tv/trumporbiden2024

Community standards? bye bye Twitch I reported to both @realdonaldtrump and @potus

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In my opinion, Twitch is showing weakness by wanting to make changes at the last minute to ❝Fight❞ against the competition.
    TWITCH is bigger than that. Twitch has always shown stability and that is very important in this area. Stability that no competition (streaming platforms) manage to have, no matter how many streamers they hire, they return to Twitch (no matter how much they throw hate speech at the purple platform). There I wonder if it is necessary for Twitch to make changes or simply go more aggressive.
    My question is, if Twitch is not profitable, why do the streamers…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Merging Twitch accounts.

Twitch is quite a young platform. But in the future the number of “dead” channels will increase, the so-called “Internet graveyard” will be formed. I propose, add a function “merge accounts”. Here's how it should work:
    For example, a user has two Twitch accounts (either his, or he was passed the data from the account, so to speak by inheritance). And the user wants to use the “merge accounts” function. He enters the data of both accounts (confirms). Then the user opens a page with the data of the two accounts (like a comparison table), the page…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'M SORRY FOR WRITING IN CAPS ON PURPOSE! WHY DO I HAVE TO CONFIRM THAT IT'S ME WHEN I LOG IN EVERY ******* DAY?! I LOGIN EVERY TIME FROM THE SAME PLACE, FROM THE SAME DEVICE AND EVERY ******* TIME I HAVE TO GO TO THE ******* EMAIL, GET A ******* VERIFICATION CODE AND CONFIRM THAT IT'S ME. I'M ******* SICK OF IT!!!! FIX THIS **** ALREADY!!! HOW ABOUT THIS IDEA?!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I keep receiving notifications regarding my cookies, both in OBS, and the web-browsers Firefox and Vivaldi (Chromium).

Every time when the web-browser or OBS is restarted the cookies needs to be accepted once again!

How do I get the cookie notifications to stop on Twitch after accepting them, just as cookies works on other websites?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow me to put in a Landline phone number for VPN, and an automated Twitch calls with the 6 digit code. Not everyone has mobile phones.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When creating my account, I was stuck on what username to use. Twitch showed a message during the sign up which said something like "Don't worry, you can change this later."

So I thought, ok I'll just put anything for now, and once my account is set up, I can change it to something else.

But after I finished making my account, I went to the settings to find I had to wait 2 months before I could change my name!

I feel like I was provided some false reassurance and now I'm stuck for 2 months with a name…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'm tired of twitch tv sending a verification code to my email. I use twitch on my cell phone for cromecast. Then when I watch twitch on the computer, I have to verify the code and go to g-mail to look at the ****** number series and verify. This verification is constant and feels like ****.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi, every time I receive a login verification email code on my phone (iPhone), I have to manually zoom in on the screen to properly read the verification code. I know it's OH so exhausting lol, but it's just one more additional step in a process that nobody really wants to go through every time. Can you just make the lettering bigger in the first place, please? Cheers! :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We should be able to put spaces in usernames. Especially for people like me in a gaming clan that i cofounded with my friend (GXR), its super important.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I wanted to see the people who gifted me a subscription but it's not possible because the notifications disappear. I would suggest creating a space to see the subscriptions received.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To have the possibility of not receiving gift subscriptions in any channel. Currently, you can deactivate the receipt of gift subscriptions in channels that you don't follow but not in the ones you do follow, would be good to have an option to deactivate this completely regardless of whether you are a follower or not.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please fix the account view where in the mobile view the it doesn't show a profile, picture and everything is messed up indluding some pictures that are shown with broken photo icons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As it stands, there is not a way for banned (wrongfully or otherwise) streamers to access their tax information. Banned streamers can only access the appeals portal, meaning, even if they use taxcentral.amazon.com, they can not view/download or access their tax information. If you are not going to mail 1099's then you must fix this issue and provide a means for banned streamers to rightfully access their tax documents, withholding tax information is illegal and each grievance filed for failure to do so is $250, there is also no HR or Billing information provided nor is there an option to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. there needs to be a way to disable 2fa without having a phone number or needing to sign into authy (which requires a phone number as well). i have gone through your automated support since December of last year with no resolution other than "Our policy is typically to not remove Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) under any circumstance, as doing so would defeat the purpose of your account having that extra level of protection.

When reviewing the information provided for the account we were unable to verify ownership and as a result, we will not be able to remove 2FA from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?