Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. No one has the username I am trying to switch so I was wondering if I could get it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Twitch currently does too little to preserve the Digital Legacies of creators who have passed away.

Companies like Google, Facebook, Apple, etc. at least offer ways to assign a contact who will have access to your account if you pass away (without any long legal procedures).

Case example: with the upcoming changes to the Rerun feature, editors will no longer have access to it. This means only the streamer or someone who has access to the stream key can start a VOD Rerun. In order for Reckful's community to stay connected and keep supporting each other on Twitch, these changes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I accidentally clicked through and updated my username to the wrong thing and now I have to wait 2 months to do what I wanted/undo it? Seems unnecessary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Many usernames that have been long banned/suspended are names that may be very desirable for creators' brands. Please free up these names after a duration so that creators who resonate with them can have them!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 欸 之前有用手機號碼登過,但帳號不見,創新的帳號想用手機號碼登時,被告知號碼重複,請問怎麼解決

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. People should be able to change their username at any point in time. No matter the situation. I made a typo on mine and can’t even change it. And if there is a reason for this whole situation- at least make it to where you have an alotted amount of edits or you are allowed to edit for 24 hours. I mean, i can’t even correct my username until a month or so later. Thats ridiculous. I also think the layout of the entire website and app can do much much better. Especially with the popularity this website has, it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, users can change their names once every 60 days and old user names are recycled after at least 6 months. In my experience, it is not uncommon for users to want to switch back to an old name but they have to wait 6+ months to do it. I suggest allowing a user to change their name back at any time within that 6 month period (like https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310228-account-management-e-g-login-connections-pass/suggestions/42914982-revert-username-change), bypassing the 60 day rename cooldown (but the cooldown would apply after renaming back).

I suggest limiting the 6 month grace period to names with some level of activity (i.e.,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Requiring users to enter some code via sms every 30-days is just stupidity disguised as security theatre. These codes do nothing to further protect our data at-rest, nor do they validate identity. It's just another unnecessary hoop to jump through. If it wasn't a meaningless, pointless, futile exercise, you wouldn't have added a 30-day option to not-validate - you'd be validating with every new browser instance. We don't need another TSA in our lives.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The twitch experiment setting my entire account to require a phone number to be verified is flawed. Phones are not secure. I lost my Microsoft account because auth was sent to a phone so I don't trust it now. Some streamers set it, most don't. Don't force false security on us .

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Если у меня 2 аккаунта аунта, мне не удобно постоянно вводить пароль и код, нужна функция переключения между аккаунтами

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Login Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. when I log into my account sometimes it says im on new device or location, but im not, it hasnt moved and i used it earlier today. and then it bugs me for an email code and so forth.
    very annoying. shouldnt happen.
    thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As it currently stands, Twitch Partners are not allowed to request Partner Support to change their alias to anything below 4 characters. I know that I along with multiple other Twitch Partners have ran into this issue when contacting Twitch support to try and remove extra numbers or special characters from our names. It has also been equally as frustrating for me and these other Twitch Partners when these name changes are continuing to be offered to the biggest Partners on the platform, but smaller or mid sized Partners are still rejected when they ask.

My suggestion is to allow…

318 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'd like to comment on something that I think it would be nice to have when changing your username, and what happens is that when you change your name the count on the number of subs you have gifted is reset and it's split in two different usernames (your old one and the new one). And, for instance, in the board of leadership of stream elements which is shown in some channels doesn't appear the total of subs concerning your account, and it's split in two as I said before. So, I think you could do something about that because…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. we need something where we can see what all devices are logged in so if its not are device we can change are password or to kick that device off are twitch account my friend keeps getting hacked and there's no option to check what devices are logged in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When Twitch Support is asked about the availability of an inactive display name, their response is always something about names being "recycled" eventually and to just keep trying. However, these names are given to new partners who ask for them immediately. I tried to get a particular name for YEARS, and kept getting the same response, but a new partner asked for it and it was handed over to her within seconds.

Suggestion: Be honest with the people who pay the bills.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it to where a person has 14 days to to reverse their name change but still make them not able to change it again for 30-60 days this will help people who cannot contact customer support to help them with unauthorized name change, or for other reasons has a little bit of time to make sure they actually decided to do it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Some people may have old accounts that they had forgotten about. In my case. I have one without the numbers at the end of the name. I recently was able to log into it and would like to have the ability to swap the name with my current account.

If someone can prove they own both of the accounts, it would be nice for some way to swap them. If I change the name of the account with no numbers, there's no guarantee I'll be able to be the one to snag it whenever it gets freed up and that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have found a username that appears to be available but is blocked within your system due to an error.

The error shown is: "This user name may be offensive and is not allowed."

I have attempted to report this several times since October and have been met with the same policies regarding recycling and name changes when it does not apply to this situation.

If there is one name that is incorrectly being caught in your filter I'd assume other users may have this problem as well. If a username IS available and IS appropriate for use then I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I've been wanting to change my display name for a while, but every time I tried it gave me a not very specific error for it. Turns out, you can't have the same display name as other people. Why? This is counterproducent for those people who just set their given or family name as display names, so those who wish to put their name as "Tanaka" have to somehow change the spelling of their name to be allowed to have it? That doesn't make sense, the display name doesn't even overrid the normal username, so why do they both have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?