Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ahoj hraju warzone

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/two-factor-authentication?language=enUS#Emotes?ttcontent=twofactoremoterewards&ttmedium=notification_center it says that "When you set up Two-Factor Authentication on your account, an Authy account is automatically created for you even if you choose to actively use an alternative authentication app. This means you can fill out Authy’s Phone Change Form and recover access to your account." I don't need you creating an Authy account behind my back. You have to give us the option to undo this.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There are a host of problems on Twitch and I feel as though this idea could be a solution to some of the bigger ones.

I suggest giving streamers the option to only allow accounts with 2fa to access their channel. Make it an option for the individual streamer and make it toggleable.

In order for this to work, Twitch must do more than just “not allow the user to use chat.” Twitch needs to stop them from accessing the streamer’s channel all together. The same needs to be done for users who are banned/blocked but that is a whole…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Many streamers are currently being flooded by bots. There are no adequate filter mechanisms such as Captcha or other authentication methods that probe the creation of multiple fake accounts.

Twitch should use a secure authentication method for account creation as soon as possible so that so-called bot accounts and fake accounts can no longer be created in the future.

These bots make it unnecessarily difficult for honest streamers to apply for a partnership. In addition, it is almost impossible for streamers to prove that they have not bought or deliberately used any bots such as follower bots.

Dear community, please…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. no puedo tener el afiliado en twich ya que lleva desde el domingo bajo revision

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. First of all, good job on implementing non-Authy, non-SMS 2FA!

That being said, there's still a major hole in your 2FA implementation, and that's requiring a user to set up SMS authentication before they can set up other forms of 2FA. Unless I've missed something huge, whenever I try to set up 2FA on Twitch, I get directed to put in my phone number first. There's no prompt I can use to skip this step.

This is completely counter to how a lot of other sites do 2FA, where SMS authentication is an option, not a requirement. You can completely…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. i can't set 2fa to my account, every time when i try to set it, gettin errors.
    twitch support, is automatic responds, and i cant affiliate my account to collect channel points

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'd like to see the 2nd login factor (via email, as i never activated 2FA) configurable somewhere.

Background: the surveillance capitalists force me to surf in private windows only to keep my footprint low and that means, that no cookies are saved or even shared between browser tabs. Thus i need to enter a "security" code sent via postcard through the internet (that's exactly my humor...) WITH EVERY **** LOGIN!

Sorry guys, that's not security, it's just to annoy users like me with no real benefit. I know how to use and keep a good password. So let me have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. By making it alittle harder for bots to hit you channel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. احبك

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I recently got hacked and now my prime subscription is being used on someone that I have no knowledge of. Two factor authentication for subscriptions would be nice so that we would be able to know when a purchase of some sort happens.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mehrshad

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Maybe a personal opinion but having to search the country code manually by scrolling through the list box is not very intuitive. I would like to suggest have a list of countries followed by their dial code rather than the dial number(country code)

Also the ability to search by text would probably help for lazy people like me

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. i lost my phone and needed to make a new authy account. idk my old number but i do know my email adress. so i changed the number hooked it up to my email adress thinking everything is fine. when i go to twitch to try to change the place it sends authy number codes for verification it wants to go straight to an sms number to the other phone i dont have.
    also when it tells me to connect a new account (twitch) using the authy app
    all it does is tell me to scan a qr code or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add support for using one or more hardware U2F tokens for 2FA, e.g. Yubikey, Solokeys, etc. devices. Please also add this as a stand-alone 2FA option that does not require a mobile phone or other authentication application if possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Log IPs of all attempted logins to an account. This way we can report suspicious behavior to you and to authorities/banks when it occurs.

Reason being, I have received multiple 2FA codes on my phone and have no way to report these unauthorized attempts to access my account. I have changed my PW and am still receiving these codes. I have ran two separate virus checkers and come back empty from both.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. when you look in the privacy settings in your account, you can see the full phone number for your 2FA. Can this be blocked? When changing and entering into privacy, pw and 2fa is enabled again. amazon does this and I feel that they are taking our privacy seriously. 2FA just doesn't do it anymore, esp if you can bypass it the first time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. This just ruins twitch altogether, please please please go back to singing in with email.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?