Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

44 results found

1. Hello! I welcome the new Twitch guidelines and support people doing their own content, as long as it's labelled properly.

Having said that, where I can see Twitch improve upon in terms of safety is something that Sony did a long time ago for PSN accounts: If you're under 18, your Twitch account has to be a mandatory supervised account by another Twitch account that's over 18. That way, anything M-rated and labelled with suggestive/sexual content could be forcefully filtered out for those supervised accounts and when the user turns 18, they get an option to remove said restrictions. It's…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allowing users to complete the Affiliate Application by using their Paypal or another method that doesn't include sharing their SSN would be a major step privacy wise.

If someone's SSN gets stolen, it can ruin them financially for years to come or even for life. This is why we are told never to share that number. Having a work around where we can file the taxes ourselves without having to give out our SSN to Twitch or Amazon would be beneficial to all involved and would help reduce the chances of people getting their SSN stolen.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The password system in twitch has me put beyond disbelief. I have truly never experienced a more horrific security protocol; it is almost comparable to the password game, which was created as a joke. I would like to suggest some changes.

1. scrap the existing system, unfixable.
    2. make a three character minimum; this is all that is necessary for actual security increase. People who take their privacy seriously will act accordingly.
    3. Allow special characters. It is genuinely baffling that as a company you made the conscious decision to decrease the amount of usable characters in a password.
    4. Get rid of whatever…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I submitted an appeal for my account (crowdog69b69t) because I was wrongfully accused of being a bot and or a automated account. I'm so frustrated because it took one day to be rejected for a warning that I got back in november, but it's been over a week and I still haven't gotten a response from my appeal for my indefinite suspension. I am victim to a false report and I'm not sure how many people are targeting me. I want my account back immediately. I am most definitely a real streamer and i only use one account to stream.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Why do I have to use just SMS code login options when I went through the process of verifying my email. I should be able to chose SMS or email verification and if I'm trying to change my SMS code phone number why does it send a code to the phone number I'm trying to change? why not send a email to my already verified email. When I'm trying to disable 2FA why isn't there a option to disable it via email as well? Also if you no longer have your phone number you had when you made the account…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. i cant use my phone number on this account even tho i deleted the number from the second account. any ideas why i cant use my phone number. it says that its been used on other account even tho its deleted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Recently a 19 year old got susspended on Twitch indefinitley for being under age, this is not ok. Twitch should be absolutley sure about ages and not have an auto bot ban users falsly.
    This idea is all about having an ID registered into the accounts when creating them, using the candidate number, date of birth, ect. Basically a debit card for paying for bits, but with an ID registering the person behind the account and also verifying their age. If the ID is renewed then Twitch should ask the user to update their details with the new ID.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'd like to request a feature that allows users to disable the visibility of their followed channels for streamers and mods. This enhances user privacy and ensures a more personalized experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please make a way to recover a phone number, or a way to disconect every account off a phone number because in Brazil the phone numbers that you get can already have been used by another person before you purchase your chip and for now i have a phone number that i canot use because we don't have a option like this (sorry for my bad english)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. To have the possibility of not receiving gift subscriptions in any channel. Currently, you can deactivate the receipt of gift subscriptions in channels that you don't follow but not in the ones you do follow, would be good to have an option to deactivate this completely regardless of whether you are a follower or not.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be nice for twitch to add age restrictions then it would be more accessible to everybody audiences that are younger can watch more younger streams. around like people who are 5 and up can use it. And allowed to decide what they see.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have tried for quite a stretch of time to get my mobile phone number accepted by Twitch, yet still no luck, due to Twitch saying I already used my mobile number to verify an account before. That is a straight-up lie, considering I did not get my phone until 1 years ago at Christmas, and I haven't even attempted verifying with my phone number at all, until recently! I have seen another person with the same issue, January of this year, which I have linked at the bottom of this post. My theory is that someone had my phone…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. privacy tiers popup or (PTP) could be a feature for the less experienced that gives the user tiers on what they want collected or used by the data they provided to twitch. this will be a popup (like what the name implies) that appears for a user once or twice before dissapearing unless they sign in again (not to be confused with reopening the browser)

tier 0: off
    in the name.

tier 1:
    disables third party tracking cookies but will keep targeted ads.

tier 2:
    disables third party tracking cookies, opts out of targeted ads and clears the targeted ad…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. First of all, good job on implementing non-Authy, non-SMS 2FA!

That being said, there's still a major hole in your 2FA implementation, and that's requiring a user to set up SMS authentication before they can set up other forms of 2FA. Unless I've missed something huge, whenever I try to set up 2FA on Twitch, I get directed to put in my phone number first. There's no prompt I can use to skip this step.

This is completely counter to how a lot of other sites do 2FA, where SMS authentication is an option, not a requirement. You can completely…

1,104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow me to put in a Landline phone number for VPN, and an automated Twitch calls with the 6 digit code. Not everyone has mobile phones.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. there needs to be a way to disable 2fa without having a phone number or needing to sign into authy (which requires a phone number as well). i have gone through your automated support since December of last year with no resolution other than "Our policy is typically to not remove Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) under any circumstance, as doing so would defeat the purpose of your account having that extra level of protection.

When reviewing the information provided for the account we were unable to verify ownership and as a result, we will not be able to remove 2FA from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I already have 2FA. I do not want emails confirming a login, especially if it's from a known location. Please add an Unsubscribe option for this notice.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Requiring users to enter some code via sms every 30-days is just stupidity disguised as security theatre. These codes do nothing to further protect our data at-rest, nor do they validate identity. It's just another unnecessary hoop to jump through. If it wasn't a meaningless, pointless, futile exercise, you wouldn't have added a 30-day option to not-validate - you'd be validating with every new browser instance. We don't need another TSA in our lives.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. At Christmas, like everyone else, I received the recap and I was surprised to see that he was a moderator of 10 channels, of which 8 I don't know which ones they are and I think that many people mod without knowing who or they do it because that person is "famous" and they It is exciting to give these people a mod or vip rank. My suggestion is that in each one's settings it should be shown which channels it moderates and in which it is vip, to be able to reject both being a moderator and the vip…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?