Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

315 results found

1. 1,104 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Anonymous responded

We’re reviewing this. Curious how long you think would be ok.

2. First of all, good job on implementing non-Authy, non-SMS 2FA!

That being said, there's still a major hole in your 2FA implementation, and that's requiring a user to set up SMS authentication before they can set up other forms of 2FA. Unless I've missed something huge, whenever I try to set up 2FA on Twitch, I get directed to put in my phone number first. There's no prompt I can use to skip this step.

This is completely counter to how a lot of other sites do 2FA, where SMS authentication is an option, not a requirement. You can completely…

1,089 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. With the ongoing outbreaks of follow and hate bots "raids", the creation of multiple accounts is simply too easy to abuse on the platform. Creating an account on Twitch does not require an authentic email address before using its services: watching content, following a streamer, sending messages in streamers chats, modifying the account details, etc.

Many streamers are being harrassed by bots and "IP Grabbers" by:
    - Mass following streamers with inappropriate names and account details;
    - Mass spamming chats with obscene languages and characters (ex: racism, homophobia, transphobia, nazi, etc..);
    - Having extensions on their user profile which allows…

946 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As it currently stands, Twitch Partners are not allowed to request Partner Support to change their alias to anything below 4 characters. I know that I along with multiple other Twitch Partners have ran into this issue when contacting Twitch support to try and remove extra numbers or special characters from our names. It has also been equally as frustrating for me and these other Twitch Partners when these name changes are continuing to be offered to the biggest Partners on the platform, but smaller or mid sized Partners are still rejected when they ask.

My suggestion is to allow…

515 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would appreciate the option to see open sessions of my Twitch account and close them manually if they are no longer necessary or desired.

This would be for security and peace of mind that no one else is purposing Twitch accounts without a user's permission and potentially causing issues in various chats.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

390 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Could we please move away from the Authy only 2FA implementation currently used and provide standard TOTP and QR codes?

This would work much better for people who already have a stack of 2FA accounts in other solutions, remove reliance on a single application, fix issues with support (eg. Windows Phone), remove the need for a phone number (important for younger users I'd imagine) and generally increase flexibility and usability of 2FA for everyone by not locking us into a proprietary implementation.

332 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have a personal account and an account to stream with my trivia company. I would like to be able to switch between them without logging out. More importantly, I'd like them each to have their own themes--currently if I log out of one and into the other, it still uses the custom theme I built for the other account. Any changes I make with persist if I switch accounts again. Bind layouts saves to accounts locally / store them in the cloud but also allow users to share their layouts (or access any layout saved locally).

232 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The password requirements are truly insane for the average user. I shouldn't need a password so secure that it'd take years to *****, I need a password I can remember. This is a streaming site.

If a streamer wants a super secure password, they can make that themselves, but imposing insane guidelines on people who just want to follow a few people is super annoying.

219 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be really nice to use a usb device for 2auth (something like the yubikeys).

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The recycle program needs a massive overhaul.

There are far to many people waiting on unused usernames that are not released in a timely fashion.

I have been watching two names for years now. One is simply completely inactive with zero information on the profile and has never followed anyone, for years. That account also has never responded to private messages to even suggest someone logged in. **** I'd buy their account name from them if there was anyway I could contact them.

The other has the "Unless you have a time machine." message and may be an old twitch…

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Reduce the amount of cooldown after a name change, I have had to wait for 6+ months to get my name changed after I accidentally changed my name. I didn't get a reply from support after 6 months either, so I had to wait it out.
    Even when you change your name you might not even be able to get the name back, which is ridiculous in my opinion. Having to wait 6+ months to get your name back and yet not be able to get it is something that needs to be changed when I accidentally changed my name…

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Also provide other options for 2FA apps not just Authy

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enhancement Request:
    User can have the functionality/ability to create and change an Alias Name, separate from the User/Streamer name as long as the user has a Twitch channel.

For example
    User Name: JohnConnor
    URL: www.twitch.tv/johnconnor
    Alias: Jonnor

The Alias Jonnor can be displayed in the profile, in his channel and the Channel Explorer list on the Twitch homepage. And this is optional, the user can display the username as usual, or the Alias name.

This is very similar to social networking platforms, where users have their usernames and nicknames apart.

In addition, to avoid problems in the community, aliases must…

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For those who are not familiar with Passkeys:
    Passkeys are a modern security standard supported by leading companies such as Google, Paypal, Apple, Adobe, Nvidia, and Amazon(!). Instead of traditional passwords, they rely on cryptographic key pairs and digital authentication methods such as fingerprint recognition, facial recognition, PIN, or pattern. Passkeys offer a significantly simpler, faster, and more secure solution compared to conventional passwords.

Twitch, a platform that thrives on live interactions and promotes them, could greatly simplify the login process for users by introducing Passkeys. This would not only improve user-friendliness by minimizing the tedious entry of passwords but…

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to see the ability to toggle notifications for our followers.

Sometimes I don't want all my followers to see I'm going live, especially on days where I may stream multiple times. Some days I would like to go live without sending out any notifications.

Admin audit: added in additional words to title, so it's easier to find/understand idea from title alone

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SMS as 2FA is well known to be the least secure of the methods available but still a better option than no 2FA at all, but I suggest an option to disable it as a fallback after having enabled Authy to lessen the security risks to the user account. You could learn from others mistakes such as Reddit's: https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/08/password-breach-teaches-reddit-that-yes-phone-based-2fa-is-that-bad/

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Most advertisements you get in emails at least give you the option to unsubscribe. I know what games and I'm not interested in free loot or whatever. The world has too much click bait already.

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. To easy to register fake emails on here and harass someone defiantly need to not make it easy to create multiple user accounts on here which ultimately will lead to malicious activities.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please stop automatically turning off notifications for streamers I haven't watched for a while. At the very least, either give me an option in the email to revert the changes, or be smart enough to know which I have manually re-enabled so as to stop making them part of the next wave. I'm not on Twitch often, but I like knowing when certain friends are online, and it drives me absolutely crazy to have to go seek out each person from a long list of subs and manually re-enable the notifications every time the algorithm decides I don't need them…

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to have an option that whenever you are live, and you change the category of what you are currently streaming, that new "go live" notifications (push, email, etc.) are sent out to followers. Even if it takes several minutes for these notifications to go out, it would be beneficial. There are times when a certain game (or category) is being streamed that followers might not have an interest in watching, but should you change to a game (or category) that they might be interested in watching while you are already live, having new notifications being sent out…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?