Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 498 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

167 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Anonymous responded

We’re reviewing this. Curious how long you think would be ok.

2. Could we please move away from the Authy only 2FA implementation currently used and provide standard TOTP and QR codes?

This would work much better for people who already have a stack of 2FA accounts in other solutions, remove reliance on a single application, fix issues with support (eg. Windows Phone), remove the need for a phone number (important for younger users I'd imagine) and generally increase flexibility and usability of 2FA for everyone by not locking us into a proprietary implementation.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There should definitely be an option to log out of all devices. Even if you log out from one device, or change your password, you will still be logged in on all devices you haven't logged out from. I really tried to find an option to log out of all but couldn't find one.

I found this "bug" when I logged out and changed my password. A few days later my friend messaged me that he still has access to my twitch (I was on his computer and forgot to log out). It's not a huge problem for me because…

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be really nice to use a usb device for 2auth (something like the yubikeys).

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Also provide other options for 2FA apps not just Authy

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Twitch requires the most insane password strength I've ever seen. I've had accounts with banks, insurers, court systems and other state/federal government websites, and yours is the only one I will never remember. You're a streaming site. It's not like you're handing out nukes.

Literally all I (and millions of others) want to do is watch streamers and comment occasionally. If the security is this high for streamers, who have jobs and contracts surrounding twitch, then fine. But I think you'd make a lot of people happy by making two separate account types, with different levels of security measures. One…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I have a personal account and an account to stream with my trivia company. I would like to be able to switch between them without logging out. More importantly, I'd like them each to have their own themes--currently if I log out of one and into the other, it still uses the custom theme I built for the other account. Any changes I make with persist if I switch accounts again. Bind layouts saves to accounts locally / store them in the cloud but also allow users to share their layouts (or access any layout saved locally).

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SMS as 2FA is well known to be the least secure of the methods available but still a better option than no 2FA at all, but I suggest an option to disable it as a fallback after having enabled Authy to lessen the security risks to the user account. You could learn from others mistakes such as Reddit's: https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/08/password-breach-teaches-reddit-that-yes-phone-based-2fa-is-that-bad/

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. the need to use other time based 2FA without the need of a SMS capable phone to use. Many sites now uses 2FA and a single platform to build it around doesn't make sense.

please use a open system

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reduce the amount of cooldown after a name change, I have had to wait for 6+ months to get my name changed after I accidentally changed my name. I didn't get a reply from support after 6 months either, so I had to wait it out.
    Even when you change your name you might not even be able to get the name back, which is ridiculous in my opinion. Having to wait 6+ months to get your name back and yet not be able to get it is something that needs to be changed when I accidentally changed my name…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. To easy to register fake emails on here and harass someone defiantly need to not make it easy to create multiple user accounts on here which ultimately will lead to malicious activities.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Right now people can create several accounts with just a new e-mail address (or delete an old account and create a new one). People that are harassing streamers usually does this, and it's unacceptable.

Twitch needs to do something about this, because it's gone too far. Bind accounts with a mobile number and let the owner change his/her name Once, because the name we chose 2 years ago might not be suitable today.

When a user register a new account on Twitch, they need to verify their identity with their phone number (for example sending a code via SMS that…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I have always had twitch email notifications turend off, but since I had found about these new recaps, I have just turned them on. Can I still get my twitch recap? I'd really love to. In my opinion it should be shown directly on the twitch app/site, similar to spotify's one.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I feel there should be a log out of all devices category. Maybe insert like a privacy question to do it, because I’ve been having problems trying to stream on my ps5 I get the error “Someone else on PlayStation network is already using the account you specified” But I am using the same account I did on PS4 and I was streaming fine but on Ps5 I can’t.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I've seen this requested feature a lot, option to add a display name? (just like with Twitter, there's a display name, and an @username)

Good way to deal with username snipers, generic words & common names such as "Jake" or "Jacob" are already being used of course, but if someone named "Jacob" creates a username such as /Jacob_535455 then it just looks messy for a channel name, so yeah, a display name should be an option too (it's already on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Reddit, Steam, you name it, so it'd be a good idea for here too)

For LIVE…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please release deleted channels/names and old Justin.TV accounts, please and make them available for re-use!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Just an option to make spaces avaliable in usernames :D

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The authentication page for viewers, should have a dark mode.

Either set by ?queryString or autodetect the users Twitch theme selection (or both)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The recycle program needs a massive overhaul.

There are far to many people waiting on unused usernames that are not released in a timely fashion.

I have been watching two names for years now. One is simply completely inactive with zero information on the profile and has never followed anyone, for years. That account also has never responded to private messages to even suggest someone logged in. **** I'd buy their account name from them if there was anyway I could contact them.

The other has the "Unless you have a time machine." message and may be an old twitch…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Freeing inactive usernames every 365 days would be insanely helpful to people who want to create on your platform. There are forums all over the internet filled with people asking if there's a way to communicate with twitch about an old account that has the username they want. I'm a streamer struggling with this as well. The username "moony" has been taken for years and inactive, but I can't get it, and I actually use Twitch Daily.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?