Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

234 results found

1. Re posting this to the TV App bugs.

Multiple users having issues with the app during any sort of playback.

The Twitch Apple TV app does not work on the new tvOS 17.0 OS . When watching a VOD or live stream, the video will suddenly go all black but the sound will continue playing.

This issue has been reported multiple times not only here but also as feedback, and nothing has been done, and there have been no acknowledgements from the team.

Original Post: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310222-twitch-applications-mobile/suggestions/47267012-tvos-17-0-twitch-app-vod-video-goes-black-after-5

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello Twitch !

It would be great if Vidaa OS users (owners of a Hisense TV in this case) could benefit from the Twitch application on their television. Unfortunately the app was never released in Vidaa OS, and this is annoying for those who love watching streams on their couch.

Best regards, everyone have a good day! :)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The new update - March 3 2023 - has so many downgrades! There are some issues that I was hoping to be addressed, but instead we got more problems.

1) Not being able not see more than the top 25 Live Followed Channels is a big problem. There are a lot of new and growing streamers I follow, support and moderate that are getting zero visibility with this new update.

2) Not being able to chat from the tv, and instead being sent to a QR code that connects to the mobile app stops the ability of people participating directly…

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. New Apple TV app isn’t user friendly. Continue watching has been removed and unable to turn chat back on in streams

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can log into the application on the TV, can see previews of what is happening on the stream, but when I go to watch it it gives me the “Bug - Oh bummer… an error occurred while playing this content” message. It just started happening today. I have not done any new updates, haven’t changed wifi, didn’t disconnect wifi at all when it started happening. I was watching a stream and just went into another one and this pops up no matter what I do.

I have tried shutting off my tv and unplugging it for an extended period. I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Expected Behavior:

Home > Live Followed Channels should include....uhhh, all of the channels that I follow that are live.

Actual Behavior:

Home > Live Followed Channels shows me a random set of the channels that I follow that are live. What channels are shown is almost inversely proportional to how often I watch said channels. The count of the channels shown in this section is also random. Sometimes 7, sometimes 4, just all over the place.

In order to actually see "Live followed channels", I have to navigate to "Following" > "Live Followed Channels". Not only is this an extra…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new version of the Apple TV app is not at all user friendly. It lags, is difficult to navigate, and is not customized to me as a viewer the way the old version was. There is no option on my home page anymore for “recently viewed” VODs that I may want to continue watching. Instead now my home page is filled with suggested streamers I couldn’t care less about and I need to navigate all the way over to my followed streamers to get back to a VOD I was previously watching. Also there is no option as a…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. (Mar 1, 2023) - Recent update to the AppleTV app, VODS no longer show chat replay. Please bring this feature back.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Apple TV app does not work on tvOS 17.0 recently released. When watching a VOD, the video will suddenly go all black but the sound will continue playing. Momentarily pausing playback briefly gets rid of the black screen. The issue will return. Restarting Apple TV, TV, or the app does not fix the issue.

Currently, the Apple TV app’s use is unbearable when it comes with watching VODs.

Please address this.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The loss of functionality of V10 when compared to V9 is baffling. The redesigned UI is nigh incapable of assisting the user with finding non-live content, since the home, bowse, and category pages now only present live channels to the user.

In the prior app version, all followed channels were listed in a dedicated row about 2 rows below the top/live followed channels row. By removing this and all other non-live content, V10 of the FireTV app delivers an experience that is order of magnitudes more cumbersome to navigate compared to the prior version.

In the updated version users are…

338 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

159 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello friends, I needed some suggestions. Actually, I have a YouTube channel and could not get good views on my videos. I felt that my video editing is not outstanding. I am looking for professional who could edit my videos for posting on YouTube and other social networks. Kindly suggest if someone have personally experience with it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It was very popular in recent years and I would like to propose other people's idea again. In Echo devices (those with Alexa integrated), especially the Echo show category, they have had the peculiarity of having video streaming applications with them. For example Prime Video and Netflix, given that Twitch is "acquired" by Amazon, the Twitch application for Echo show devices would also be useful. Or at least make it possible to access via the site since Amazon silk (browser within Echo show devices) is not among the browsers supported by Twitch. I ask for an opinion on this as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Take out the Chromecast middle man please.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The Apple TV app does not work on tvOS 17.0 recently released. When watching a VOD, the video will suddenly go all black but the sound will continue playing. Momentarily pausing playback briefly gets rid of the black screen. The issue will return. Restarting Apple TV, TV, or the app does not fix the issue.

Currently, the Apple TV app’s use is unbearable when it comes with watching VODs.

Please address this.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add back in the chat for VOD on apple TV! Horrible idea to remove it in the latest update, chat is the core reason why Twitch is appealing.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm looking for recommendations on finding a normal psychic. I want to seek advice, but I don’t know who is best to contact. Maybe someone has experience communicating with psychics and can recommend a professional?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Introduction:
    Preschool is a critical stage in a child's development where they begin to explore the world around them and lay the foundation for future learning. Educational materials tailored to preschoolers play a vital role in nurturing their cognitive, motor, and social skills. From kindergarten worksheets to printable games and coloring templates, these resources offer engaging ways to make learning fun and effective for young learners.

Kindergarten Worksheets:
    Kindergarten worksheets are designed to introduce fundamental concepts such as letters, numbers, shapes, and colors in an interactive manner. These worksheets often incorporate playful activities like tracing, matching, and sorting, making learning…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently there's no working app for hisense TV's with the vidia app store

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Explore a summer filled with laughter and excitement as we craft a playful schedule of games and activities for kids. From outdoor adventures to creative crafts, discover the perfect blend of fun and sunshine to make this summer unforgettable for your little ones. Dive into the joy of playtime with our curated lineup that promises smiles, friendship, and endless memories. Let the sunny season be a canvas for imagination and exploration, creating cherished moments for your children.
    Summer activities for kids are crucial for several reasons. Firstly, they provide a break from routine and school, allowing children to relax, recharge,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why remove any ability for users to chat directly via an AppleTV, and enforce QR codes on TV screen to be scanned just to “Join The Conversation” in chat on an entirely different device, and needing Twitch app to be installed to only open Chat-only Mode for same stream; when, chat window is already open and ready to be used on AppleTV via Twitch (tvOS) app.

An AppleTV remote can already use Siri/buttons to talk/type; plus, an iPhone can also sync with an AppleTV to be used as remote control without having to even have Twitch (iOS) app open at…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?